• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade DVD's

Re: Crusade DVD\'s

Crusade disk 1 thru 4
Region 1 version

Region 1,2,3,4
RCE protection: NO
Copyright protection: CSS

Alpha1, Eclipse, does this mean the R1 disks for the movie sets are viewable on R2,3 and 4 players as well?? I'm confused...

Despite the fact I have multi region hardware kicking around, my main player is currently for reasons of space an Xbox, locked to R2.

If that's the case, i'll get the both on R1 import this second....
:D

(This question is for anyone who has seen the Crusade dvds; I'm not getting mine until Christmas; forgive me if this has been asked before:)

Is there an easter egg on the Crusade DVD set? I always have trouble finding these things (duh!). Bloopers, deleted scenes, etc. Anything?

Alpha1, Eclipse, does this mean the R1 disks for the movie sets are viewable on R2,3 and 4 players as well??

Yes, but the video output will be in NTSC format, not PAL.

I've got an NTSC capable TV (i think), so i should be ok. Most in the UK do both these days. Thanks for the info...

I had heard that HDTVs would play PAL, but never seen them advertised as such. Most US DVD players will play PAL, as will mine. I played a PAL DVD on it, and much to my delight, my US HDTV played it without a problem. No such luck with NTSC VCRs, though. But, I suspect that as we all move to digital TV and DVDs, PAL and NTSC will no longer be a problem.

(This question is for anyone who has seen the Crusade dvds; I'm not getting mine until Christmas; forgive me if this has been asked before:)

Is there an easter egg on the Crusade DVD set? I always have trouble finding these things (duh!). Bloopers, deleted scenes, etc. Anything?

Hey maybe WB didn't screw JMS and the TNT/Crusade explanation is an Easter Egg? Nah...I didn't think so either, just clutching at straws.

Crusade vs B5 - What if B5 were cancelled after 13 episodes ?

If you want to compare Crusade with B5 it should be done on equal grounds. So what if only the first 13 episodes of B5 had been made ?
By the first 13 I mean the first 13 produced, not the first 13 episode that were shown.

Then we would never have seen 118 Babylon Squared, and the Valen-B4 arc would not even have been hinted at.
We would not have seen Morden in 116 Signs and Portents.
We would not have seen a lot of the confrontations beetween Londo and G`Kar like Londo obtains a priceless Centauri artifact in 116, Londo interferes in an important Narn religious observation which leads to a confrontation between him and G'Kar in 114 By Any Means Necessary.
There would have been no Draal in 120 + 121 A Voice in the Wilderness.
We would know less of Sinclairs hidden memories and reasons of actions in 122 Eyes.
We would know less of Ivanova like her fathers death in 119 TKO.
No 115 Legacies and no 117 The Quality of Mercy,

One of the great things with B5 are all the hints in early episodes that is played out during the series.
None of this would have made any sense.
No shadows, no Morden, no Sinclair going back in time with B4, no Delenn transformed, no Sheridan, no ISA, no war beetween Earth and B5, no fall of Londo. G`Kar would have stayed as a bully and the bad guy.

I think Crusade after 13 ep are as good as B5 after 13 ep. Great actors playing interesting characters.

What was yet to be seen ?

If we include information given in the scripts that were released (and then removed), information from the B5 magazine interview with Fiona Avery, and the comments from jms on the internet and on the DVDs – this was the plan:
- The cure for the plague would have been found in the middle of season 2.
- Gideon would have been shot in the season 1 cliffhanger, he would have died, sort of, and his mind/soul/spirit would have been transferred to the Apocalypse box. This is the reason behind the box talking with Gideons voice.
- Dureenas 3 episode sword arc would have ended with Dureena coming back with a sword and no memory. The sword was “opposed” to the box, somehow, because it glowed when near the box.
- Dureena would have become a Technomage at some stage in the 5 year run.
- The story in the late 2 season would have made a big turn around because after finding the cure the crew of Excalibur would have tried to solve the mystery of the earth-based ship with shadow technology. After being denied this from the the bosses in power the ship would have gone down this path anyway, now as a renegade ship – and much action would have followed.

My hope is that some of the plot will be followed up in tmos and what may come after that.

Back