• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 is coming to Amazon Prime, June 2018!!!

Spacecadet10

JMS has confirmed this on twitter! Amazing news, since it was just recently taken off of go90. Hopefully B5 will gain some popularity because of this. There are a lot of people who want to watch it but just aren't willing to shell out the $120 to buy it on DVD, and others will probably discover it through Amazon's recommendation algorithms.

Yea, there is a discussion on another thread about that. Amazon may only have it available in the USA, or our region, possibly.

It's about time, B5 should have been showing in syndication a long time ago. It will be great to see it again.

Yeah there probably should have been a new thread started instead of discussing it in the old Go90 thread. Just to mention the most important issue. Amazon says it will be available Worldwide, unless Warner Brothers has limited availability in certain countries. As far as the person I spoke to knew it was going to be available Worldwide, but they are always beholden to where the content provider will let them show it. I don't know why WB would not want everyone in the WORLD to be able to watch Babylon 5, but who can explain many things WB has done with Babylon 5. :rolleyes:

Or rather - not done... :(

Well said. I wonder how many people who currently work for Warner Brothers even know they own Babylon 5?! My guess is it rarely comes up at meetings, but I sure would love to know if there is someone there who is always supposed to keep Babylon 5 in mind. I should be that person. :thumbsup:

SO far it looks like it is not streaming in the U.K. Anyone outside the U.S. able to stream B5 through Amazon Prime?

OKAY so in other news they don't have the movies available AND NO SEASON 3!!!!!

I've contacted them and they say they are working to resolve the issue, but it might be that the content provider limited access. Hopefully it is just a technical glitch.

I have been watching an I can report that it looks pretty decent.

Last edited:
Season 3 is available now.

'The Gathering' is part of season 1 - and it's the original cut.

Yes The Gathering (1993) is part of Season One and is designated Season 1 Episode 0.
The Special Edition of The Gathering (1998) is considered part of The Movie collection and you have to rent or buy it to watch it.

If you are having any audio sync issues on Amazon speak up. I've only heard one person say this, but if more people are having the issue then Amazon needs to be contacted.

I have been cruising along with no issues, so far. I love it!!!!! In case you haven't been following threads in other Forums, I have been watching the Approved Chronological Order posted by b5historyman. WOW!!!!! It is incredible to see little things from a different perspective in a different order. I highly recommend it if you have seen the series many times through.

Just heard about this, I'll check it out tonight.

I wonder if Prime has a different catalog in CA than it does in US.

Sad to report that it appears to have disappeared from Amazon Prime. :scream:

I double checked it on all my devices, but I am really hoping to hear I am mistaken.

Hopefully this means Netflix will pick it up. If not I'm sure we will soon be expected to pay for whatever streaming site Warner Brothers comes up with. :(

Babylon 5 is still available on Amazon, but now you have to pay for it. I doubt Netflix or anyone else will be able to pick it up soon, but I don't know the terms of licensing it for use on Amazon. I was rewatching/relistening quite a bit, and getting a newish friend into it as well. She got really frustrated whenever she asked a question and I answered with 'You'll see!' But at least with B5, there were payoffs to the mysteries.

I also liked that they were showing the original version of The Gathering. It is a strange, interesting piece of work, but man, look what it launched!

Raw Shark

"Do you know what your problems is, Mr. Garibaldi? You're not a people person!"
Londo Mollari

Well yeah you have been able to purchase the streaming series since before it was on Prime. Funny story, it actually left Prime availability at the end of January, but I didn't realize it because the episodes I was watching were from Seasons I had purchased on Amazon before it was available through Prime. :rolleyes: I have not purchased Season 4 yet so when I went to watch a Season 4 episode the other day I saw that they wanted me to purchase it and knew it was no longer available through Prime. Then someone told me over on JMS News that it happened the end of January.

Just confirmed with Amazon that all 5 Seasons of Babylon are no longer available to purchase through Amazon digital. I went to see how much it was to purchase Seasons 4 and 5 this morning and they were not available. I contacted Amazon and they confirmed the licensed expired and they didn't make a new contract. :scream::scream::scream:

POST 666 :wtf:

So, aside from on the pirate bay, where are people supposed to watch it online these days?

I have no clue. If you didn't already own it before Amazon dropped it the other option I know of is VUDU. You can purchase the whole series there. As I have said before the BIG benefit with that is most of it is presented in the original aspect ratio.

My GUESS is that it will show up on another streaming service soon, probably something associated with Warner Brothers ... MY HOPE is Netflix or HULU, though I am doubtful on HULU.

Back