• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Secret content on DVDs?

Elipsis

Regular
So I just found the Season 3 outtakes on disk 6 of Season 3. Absolutely hilarious!

I went back to find a similar hidden item on Season 1 but there was just a lame promotional teaser. Am I missing something or does S1 not have outtakes?

S2 is on loan to a friend of mine, is there any secret content on disk 6 of S2?

These hidden features are called Easter Eggs. I don't remember exactly where they are, but I think each set has at least one Easter Egg. You could search "Easter Egg," or maybe someone here who remembers will answer.

There are gag reel Easter Eggs in the Season 2, 3, and 4 box sets, all mostly hidden in the same place and discoverable in much the same way. I don't know about season 5.

There were no out takes on S1

Strictly speaking thats not true... there are some floating around on Youtube.... but from what I can gather they shouldn't be in the public domain because they were a gift to the cast and crew. Is that correct?

Strictly speaking thats not true... there are some floating around on Youtube.... but from what I can gather they shouldn't be in the public domain because they were a gift to the cast and crew. Is that correct?

I think what babylon1122 meant was that there were no outtakes on the Season 1 DVDs.

Yes, there *were* season 1 bloopers but strictly speaking they're not in the public domain-none of them are. I'm not sure about this part but I *think* that the cast you see on the DVD bloopers had to give permission for them to be included.

What you see on YouTube and for sale on Ebay and such were actually copied from a disk that JMS had taken to a convention and somebody copied without permission. In other words, that's stolen material and usually copied so many times it's hard to see what's happening.

Jan

Bloober reels/outtakes that can be found from internet of each season from B5 are much longer than the DVD ones 12-15 mins per season about. Those are the ones that have been shown in crew/actor parties like end of Season celebrations and suchs. Those reels have been assembeled by post-production crew of B5 and are not meant for wider distribution. The ones in DVDs are much much shorter and quite directly taken from those crew outtakes reels with some editing of course.

So the longer cut versions are leaked from private crew parties, tough they have much hilarious material i wish, DVD outtakes would have. Too bad the official outtakes on DVD are only couple of minutes long and "unofficial", leaked ones are 12-15 min long. So much fun moments missed by big audience, if not watching the illegal crew versions of those bloober reels.

Edit: Jan shed some light to how those "unofficial" versions got out i see.

Last edited:
Nah, the Season One blooper reel has Londo's classic hijacking of a shuttle from Epsilon to Highway 405 and Los Angeles traffic in general...

I'm always sad when they don't release the full versions they show at cast/crew parties. Firefly's, for example, is an awesome gag reel, but the full uncut version improves it so much, especially with Nathan Fillion's brilliant improvisation using a slow circle-pan shot... And the BSG Season 2 gag reel was fantastic, but it disappeared from the net after about a week.

Of course, I know why they do it: the people who make the videos have a habit of borrowing popular songs (the Firefly reel, for example, borrows the theme from "The Love Boat" and also snags a few riffs from Star Wars) without actually paying for the rights, and as such they can't be released. Legally, that is.

Brilliant come back "General Haig........is doing DSN." :LOL:
The bloopers are also in the same place on the region 2 DVD box sets.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back