• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Did that wink indicate that you're saying more than you do?

Yes. Ignore the rest of my post if you plan on reading the technomage trilogy of novels and don't want any spoilers for those novels. If you don't mind some, keep reading.

I take it that they worked with/for the shadows, then. Certainly puts an interesting twist on them and it's actually quite apparent now that you think about it. The vorlons had their telepaths and the shadows had their technomages. It's not only apparent, it's crystal clear (and super green).

That's why the technomages were leaving as seen in "The Geometry of Shadows" in season two of Babylon 5. The leaders of the technomages knew that the Shadows were returning and that the Shadows planned on using technomages as living weapons (since technomage tech is Shadow technology) and refused to let that happen, so they led all the technomages into hiding.

They're already in the mail (I hope) :)

Elric's vision of a coming darkness did feel slightly odd. For some reason I didn't make the connection before - maybe because I didn't even try since I was so disapointed at them. In proper context it's another feather for JMS.

That's why the technomages were leaving as seen in "The Geometry of Shadows" in season two of Babylon 5. The leaders of the technomages knew that the Shadows were returning and that the Shadows planned on using technomages as living weapons (since technomage tech is Shadow technology) and refused to let that happen, so they led all the technomages into hiding.

Is there an echo in here? :LOL: I'm going to save a lot of time not reading or responding to dreamer's posts. ;)
icon14.gif

Last edited:
KoshN, no one can compare to your level of knowledge about the technomages. :)

Flatterer. :)

Hey, did I adequately mark that post as a SPOILER? I would have tried to blend it into the background with the following code that I used to use

[color:"yellow"] Beginning of Spoilers Space! Highlight lines below to read. [/color]

[color:"#081640"]

SPOILER TEXT

[/color]

[color:"yellow"] End of Spoiler Space. [/color]

...but the color function doesn't seem to work like it used to.

Also, should I have started the Subject Line with "SPOILER" ?

Last edited:
We actually have spoiler code now.

[ spoiler= ] [ /spoiler ]

You must include the = and, if you want, after the = you can list what the spoiler is for.

Spoiler for How to use spoiler tags.:
For example.

Is done typed like this:

[ spoiler=How to use spoiler tags. ] For example. [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces).

We actually have spoiler code now.

[ spoiler= ] [ /spoiler ]

You must include the = and, if you want, after the = you can list what the spoiler is for.

Spoiler for How to use spoiler tags.:
For example.

Is done typed like this:

[ spoiler=How to use spoiler tags. ] For example. [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces).

Ah, too easy. Thanks for the pointers.

I'm going to save a lot of time not reading or responding to dreamer's posts. ;)
icon14.gif

Nice. Makes a guy feel welcome.

Maybe you shouldn't take it personally that I don't like Crusade even with the bits and pieces combined. It's just bad TV in my books.

Nice. Makes a guy feel welcome.
You selected your quote of KoshN's post to ignore the fact that his post had nothing to do with you or your opinions but that he was commenting on the similarity between his and Vacantlook's posts.

Jan

Hey KoshFan,

I'm tired of providing factual, rebuttal information only to have it ignored or dismissed out of hand (not by you, by dreamer.). I've got better things to do.

If, for example, somebody says that the technomages were classic wizards, and that is not supported by the TV episodes, movies and canon novels, it is in my nature to point out where that is not supported by the canon information sources. If the person then continues to say the same stuff over and over again, I'm done. I've pointed out the error and the location of the correct information. That's it; I'm done. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

By putting dreamer on my ignore list (and he's the only one there, BTW.), I am preventing myself from getting frustrated by his repeated conclusions which are not supported by the facts, and from wasting time trying to convince someone who is unconvincable.

Oh, I just like to pretend I'm above it all and morally superior. Plus, xkcd = funny.

(I'm not, of course; just insult Joss Whedon and man, do I get down and dirty.)

That said, let's be a little more chill, shall we? There will always be idiots; will you make them wiser by calling them fools?

Please note that this isn't aimed at ANYbody but KoshFan just gave too good an opening to pass up. To quote Dukhat:
When others do a foolish thing, you
should tell them it is a foolish
thing. They can still continue to
do it, but at least the truth is
where it needs to be.
:devil:

Jan

There's calling them fools... and then there's polite and gentle reasoning.

Like I said, though, I just like feeling superior. On me, hypocrisy looks good!

Anyways, I was speaking about what you see in the shows. I did acknowledge what was said except what you said between your spoiler tags, but since you so nicely said how I ignored every bit of information I did read that too.

However, I did come to the conclusion that technomages are more than meets the eye before reading those spoilers. Sure, they're not your standard wizards, but hell dude, you can't expect everyone who watches the show to be a walking encyclopedia over all B5 related or have half a dozen people going "even if they seem like crap... they're not!"

Sheesh

Sure, they're not your standard wizards, but hell dude, you can't expect everyone who watches the show to be a walking encyclopedia over all B5 related or have half a dozen people going "even if they seem like crap... they're not!"

You're absolutely right ... but we did only see 13 episodes of Crusade, and only 5 that weren't subject to the various pushings and pullings of TNT. 5 years of B5 watching should have alerted you to the fact that nothing is ever quite the way it first appears to be.

The shame with Crusade is that that first impression is the only thing we have to work with from the TV arena, and it is only by reading the Technomage trilogy that we can see the flesh to go on those bones. It is clear to me from reading those books that the true nature of the technomages was going to play a big part in the story and (for sure) we know that Galen and Gideon's relationship was going to change significantly when some of that information came to light.

We just never got to see it.

The shame with Crusade is that that first impression is the only thing we have to work with from the TV arena, and it is only by reading the Technomage trilogy that we can see the flesh to go on those bones. It is clear to me from reading those books that the true nature of the technomages was going to play a big part in the story and (for sure) we know that Galen and Gideon's relationship was going to change significantly when some of that information came to light.

We just never got to see it.

And we have the <insert Clark Griswold's diatribe* about his boss, from NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION> SOBs at TNT to thank for that. :mad:

*cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four flushing, low life, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey shit

I think it's appropriate. Couldn't help cracking up as I was transcribing it, though. :LOL:

Last edited:
This thread makes me want to buy the technomage books.

Smart move, if you can find 'em (Book II is hard to find.). Ditto for the Centauri trilogy which also heavily involves the mages (although Book III is almost impossible to find), and the Psi Corps trilogy (which is readily available).

Latest posts

Members online

Back