• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Six Feet Under ("Spoilers")

GKarsEye

Regular
Has anyone else watched this show? I just finished watching it on DVD- got through the second half of season 5 last night.

I guess I put a spoiler warning in case anyone wants to watch it, but the show has been off the air for a few years.

Anyway, I checked it out 'cause it looked different, and then at some point I got a little bored with the repetitive melodrama, but the quirkiness of the characters, the occassional clever plot development, and of course the various deaths kept me into it.

Last night I sat through everything from Nate's death until the final death montage and I was such a goddamn emotional wreck I couldn't sleep.

I guess the mighty GKarsEye is just a big pussy.

I wasn't actually weeping or anything, I just felt kinda heavy- more opressed than depressed.

The final scene, with everyone death, was the single most powerful moment of television I have ever seen.

The final scene, with everyone death, was the single most powerful moment of television I have ever seen.

i agree. My gf got me to watch the show from beginning to end. I think it took us about 2 months to watch them all. At time I got bored with it, but then it would hook me back in again.

During the death montage sequence, my throat was closing up and my eyes were all watery. Of course I didnt let me gf know that as she sat by me crying.

That scene stayed in my head for 2 days.

Yeah, I wish I could find that montage online, it was just heart-breaking.

Awesome show. I loved the characters. They all were likeable yet unlikeable at the same time. Funniest death from the montage was Billy still blathering on and Brenda keeling over. Geesh, what a way to go.

Yeah, I wish I could find that montage online, it was just heart-breaking.

Awesome show. I loved the characters. They all were likeable yet unlikeable at the same time. Funniest death from the montage was Billy still blathering on and Brenda keeling over. Geesh, what a way to go.

Yeah, he literally bored her to death. :)

The death that messed me up the most was Keith.

And something about the way Claire's death was filmed was really stunning.

I watched it all in first run on HBO. I liked the first two or three years the most. I think it lost some of its edge and quirkiness after that, but I kept watching, and yes, the last ep was very good.

Back