• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dragonlance Film (Animated)

Alluveal

Regular
Where the heck have I been? Under a rock?

http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

Keifer Sutherland as the voice of Raistlin.
Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) as Tanis
Lucy Lawless as Goldmoon

Wonder if it will be kiddie-animated stuff, or more true to the story.

Wow I hadnt heard of that either. Dragonlance was the first fantasy series I ever read. I do hope they keep it true to the books. I would love to see a live action version of the film but I'll also take an animated one if its done right.

I think after the last D&D fiasco of a movie, they are trying something new now. The sad thing is, the only reason we got such a crappy D&D movie was that the studio who bought the rights had a limited time to make the movie and instead of passing the rights back to the gaming company, they made a POS movie instead just to try and make a profit.

I think they are probably treading more carefully with Dragonlance. It's really the darling of the D&D franchise and they would piss off more fans than they could count if they bunked it up.

I too would love to see it in live action, but if you think about it... it would have to be on the same kind of budget (if not more) than something like LOTR. Imagine the dragons, the draconians, the dwarves, kender, magic, etc.

I too would love to see it in live action, but if you think about it... it would have to be on the same kind of budget (if not more) than something like LOTR. Imagine the dragons, the draconians, the dwarves, kender, magic, etc.

Oh I can imagine it..LOL

Yeah that last D&D movie really REALLY sucked..I mean c'mon, a Wayans bro in a D&D movie??

If they had done it right with the right kind of story, it might have worked out better if they had more time to develop it. If it made money it could be a huge franchise.

I'm kind of excited about Dragonlance now. It has been years since I've read them. I tried a few years back to read the new chronicles or whatever it was, and I just couldnt get into it. It didnt have the same feeling for me as the first.

There was another D&D film done since the one with the Wayans guy in it. It wasn't released in theaters though. It was still ubercheesy, but not as bad as the theatrical D&D movie. It's broadcast occasionally on the SciFiChannel.

Never saw the second movie. They could have really made something of those rights, especially with the success of well-done fantasy movies like LOTR. I also enjoyed Eragon and Chronicles of Narnia.

I read Eragon and Eldest and even watched the movie version but boy did they leave so much out of it.

I have heard of the second D&D movie but havent gotten around to watching it. I have all the episodes of the D&D cartoon on my computer. LOL

I remember spending months playing out the game (and waiting for the new modules) before being allowed to read the books :LOL:

At least there is a story behind this movie so hopefully it will come out OK.

I think I've still got the war game part of the game somewhere,I might have to try and find it :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back