• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Worst Scene/Lines in Movie/TV history....ever.

Yea, thats a good one. What might make it qualify for this thread, isn't so much the delivery of the line, but the look on her face and her "battle cry" when she stabs the guy. Definitely a good candidate for this one...

So I logged on to b5tv.com while watching Return of the King on TNTHD. I just happened to open be reading through this very thread when the scene comes up with the lead wraith fighting the niece of the King of Rohan and the wraith says:

"No man can kill me."
To which she replies, after taking off her helmet "I am no man." And then stab and kill.

Coincidence that that came up just as I was reading this thread? You decide.

I got a double meaning out of that. It was actually Merry - a hobbit, not a man - who stabbed him first, and brought him to his knees so Eowin, a woman, could finish the job.

I don't know about that one. Sure, the line is a little tacky, but I was always impressed with how Shatner handled the scene....stumbling back and almost falling over the chair in shock. His almost, mumbling of that line seemed quite believable to me as well, but yea, the last time he says it, its kinda cheese. I think the dialogue could have been written a lot better for that scene, but I thought it was decently acted.

On the other hand, there is always:

khan.jpg

"KKKKHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNN"

Hey .. all of the Trek scenes mentioned here are absolutely awesome. What's up with this thread? :p

The Klingon bastards scene is one of the best performances Shatner ever gave on Trek. And "KHAAAAAAN!!!!!!!" is the epitome of Captain Kirk.

The most cringeworthy thing ever to happen in Trek that I can think of is ...

... Kirk lecturing on the US constitution to cavemen in The Omega Glory, with takes on the star-sprangled banner playing in the background. YIKES!

The end of "This Side of Paradise" was pretty painful too. Kirk's monologue makes me want to puke every single time.

Maybe we weren't meant for paradise. Maybe we were meant to fight our way through– struggle, claw our way up, scratch for every inch of the way. Maybe we can't stroll to the music of the lute. We must march to the sound of drums.

.. oh, and then there was Voyager. I don't need to be any more specific than that :p

I got a double meaning out of that. It was actually Merry - a hobbit, not a man - who stabbed him first, and brought him to his knees so Eowin, a woman, could finish the job.

That was also made much more explicit in the book. I don't find that scene, the performance or the delivery in the film to be bad at all and personally would not have nominated it for this thread. "Khannnnn!!!!" on the other hand... :)

Regards,

Joe

I think the Khan scene is one that people either love it, or laugh at it. There is really no in between on it.

I think the Khan scene is one that people either love it, or laugh at it. There is really no in between on it.

Can't you do both?

Every single Shatner scene is freakin' awesome, and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know squat about acting.

I even like the way he pronounces Klingon, with the emphasis on the first syllable.

My nomination for this thread is Jean Claude Van-Damme- yes, easy target, I know, but whatever. I have Bloodsport pretty much memorised (shut up) and the ultimate cheesy delivery of a cheesy line (in a movie- and career- packed with so many gems!) is when he explains why he fights to the love-interest/journalist. Basically he asks her why she became a journalist and asks her if she wants to be the best journalist she can be, to which she of course replies with the affirmative. Then comes the moment:
"Well, I want to be the best I can be!"

Oh, so awful...

Can't you do both?

Most definitely!

I can't name a specific line, but for truly awful mainline movies, Clint has done a bunch. The Eiger Sanction, The Gauntlet, and any Dirty Harry movie are the pits. Stupid, formulaic, brutal in the worst way, unbelieveably trite... UGH!

The Eiger Sanction, The Gauntlet,

I'm a Clint fan but I haven't seen these two.
The Dirty Harry movies are just another bunch of vigilante fantasy- good clean American entertainment fun.

Hey .. all of the Trek scenes mentioned here are absolutely awesome. What's up with this thread? :p

Here's one:

Pudgy, miniskirted Uhura singing on a hilltop in Star Trek V. :devil: :p :devil:

The Dirty Harry movies are just another bunch of vigilante fantasy- good clean American entertainment fun.

I'm also a Clint fan, and like the Dirty Harry movies (which are <u>supposed</u> to be brutal). Re. The Eiger Sanction, I found it unmemorable. The Gauntlet was better, though not the usual Clint role. It was more against the grain, like Tightrope.

Pudgy, miniskirted Uhura singing on a hilltop in Star Trek V. :devil: :p :devil:

... :mad:

That was the best part of the movie :p

.. not that that's saying too horribly much ..

They're both your basic late-1960's -> 1970's Clint violent action-fests. It's just that there are some holes in the writing of both of them.

In The Eiger Sanction Clint plays a character that sounds *very* worthy of a Matt Helm style send-up of spy flicks (top secret agent assassin; professor of art history; renowned as one of the top mountain climbers in the world) .... except they are playing it straight. (Jack Cassidy gets the over-acting honors here for "You're not going to LEAVE me out here! Jonathan!")

In The Gauntlet it would seem that the typical procedure for taking two people into custody in the SW US when one of them is armed (even if they never point a gun at you, much less return fire) is to fill the air with so much lead that you can knock a house down ..... which actually happens at one point in the movie; the house that they are in is so riddled with bullet holes from the police that it collapses and the roof hits the ground. (Over-acting honors here to the character actor who plays the chief / commissioner, I forget which, of police breaking down and screaming at the hundred or so cops to "Shoot them" referring to the pair standing non-threateningly in the middle of all of these cops.)

... :mad:

That was the best part of the movie :p

.. not that that's saying too horribly much ..
I disagree. Not with the "not saying much" part; that's definitely true.

For me the one decent bit in that whole movie was Kirk going (as only Shatner can quite do):

"Excuse me. Why does God need a star ship?"

I have some fondness for all of the star trek films, but the fifth definitely pushed the limits for me.

And yea, it did have some funny moments.

Scenes like Uhura's dance are what put the movie so beyond camp for me .. which makes me kind of enjoy it.

Unlike Star Trek 1. Currently trying to sit through that one. YAAAAWWWWWN!!!!!

Back