• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Worst Scene/Lines in Movie/TV history....ever.

Recoil

Regular
That B5 thread in the other forum, combined with seeing an old movie made me think "Hey, I wonder what people think are the worst delivered scenes or lines in anything ever filmed, no matter the genre."

Pretty simple concept. OK so here is mine.

I was flipping channels and came across "Commando" with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ill admit it. Old Arnold movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. He was never a great, or good, actor, but his movies had ridiculous action, high body counts, somewhat interesting plots sometimes, and great one-liners as he dispatched enemies. They are classics for me. Commando was, and is, still one of my favorites of his movies. It kind of summarized everything Arnold was known for. That being said, I think that a line from this movie might be the worst ever.

So in the movie, Arnold (Matrix I think was his name) has a nemesis named "Bennett" who is working for the bad guy, but they used to serve together in some leet army. Throughout the whole movie, Bennett is this cold, methodical, ex-warrior killer guy. He has a respect for Matrix, but knows he is dangerous and looks forward to taking him out.

Anyway at the end of the movie, they finally meet. Arnold gets wounded and Bennett has his daughter in his grasp and a gun. Arnold does the classic "Goad the badguy into doing stupid like dropping his gun and make him go hand-to-hand evening the playing field." He talks to Bennett about how he knows Bennett wants to kill him and feeling the knife going into Arnold, etc.

So then, all of a sudden, Bennett goes like....bat-shit insane. He starts talking "I know I am better than you! Ive always been better than you" Arnold replies "Come get me" and then Bennett goes in an insane/psycho/girlishly-high-pitched scream "aaahhh I'm going to kill you know John!!!"

Wow.

Unexplained mental breakdown. TERRIBLE acting and delivery on this guys part. And the line. Just....wow. The look on the guys face was utterly priceless too. Anyone who has seen this and remembers it knows what I am talking about.

I think that might be one of the worst ones ever. Anyone got anymore?

One of my personal faves is from the climax to Rambo, where Sly Stallone has a good cry and rage to his old CO about why he was forced to defend himself, and his delivery is so completely and utterly INCOMPREHENSIBLE that it always has me rolling around the floor in fits of laughter. :LOL:

It comes off as "Sir, he gneuhg and I flewbeb but he wuooded sdoep and I cougluded..."

And the CO: "Easy there, John".

One of the worst scenes in cinema history ever!

You do know that ending scene was changed right? People at the pre-screening reacted badly to the original ending...although the original ending was far more powerful. It was supposed to end with Rambo committing suicide over the whole event and his treatment after the war...

No I didn't know that - you learn something new every day. Makes morse sense that way if one thinks about it - but then we would not have had the joys of Rambo II and III, not to mention IV next year, if the rumours are true.

Who could forget Rambo killing loads and loads and loads of Vietnamese, running through the jungles of Vietnam in search of forgotten PoWs? Yep, it still stirs the blood! :rolleyes:

Now that would be something to behold...

Rocky: "ADRIAN!!!!!!"
Rambo: "Adrian? What's that, some secret Al Qiada password? Tell me where the weapons of mass destruction are!!" :D

but then we would not have had the joys of Rambo II and III, not to mention IV next year, if the rumours are true.

And then, in 2009, Rambo vs. Rocky. :D

Joe

I'm holding out for Rambo Meets Godzilla, which would be much the same as Bambi Meets Godzilla, just as brief, but unlike Bambi, Rambo will actually look up just before getting squashed by Godzilla's giant foot.

Who could forget Rambo killing loads and loads and loads of Vietnamese, running through the jungles of Vietnam in search of forgotten PoWs? Yep, it still stirs the blood! :rolleyes:

Don't forget about his super hi-tech weapon, the bow and arrow with exploding tips. I'm sure all the Special Forces folks use those...

Anyone read the book?

To cut it short he dies :D

Sorry spoiler :eek:

From what I understand, Trautman puts him down, right?
Basically the book is an indictment on the US government's abandonment of veterans after the war. Unable to reintegrate with society or pick up their lives, sometimes a mercy killing is the kindest thing.

Well he committed suicide in the original take of the movie, I kind of assumed that he did the same in the book...

One of my personal faves is from the climax to Rambo, where Sly Stallone has a good cry and rage to his old CO ....
OK, I was only confused for a moment or two.

Rambo is the title of "First Blood II", the one where he goes looking for POS's. The first movie, with Brian Dennehy as the sherif and the breakdown scene at the end was titled simply First Blood.

The original King Kong has a number of wonderfully off-kilter moments and line readings, but none better than the scene where Ann Darrow faints in Carl Denham's arms and he hails a taxi. There's just something about the way he pauses and then the look on his face when he calls, "Taxi!" that makes him look like a total perv and would really have me worrying about Ann if I didn't know how the rest of the picture went. :D

Regards,

Joe

So I logged on to b5tv.com while watching Return of the King on TNTHD. I just happened to open be reading through this very thread when the scene comes up with the lead wraith fighting the niece of the King of Rohan and the wraith says:

"No man can kill me."
To which she replies, after taking off her helmet "I am no man." And then stab and kill.

Coincidence that that came up just as I was reading this thread? You decide.

It worked better in the book, when it wasn't instantly obvious who it was before the helmet came off....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back