• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

BSG Chat (Spoiler Content Within)

Alluveal

Regular
I have two thoughts that have been rolling around in my head in regard to BSG.

#1. Starbuck and "The Farm." It's possible they took eggs from her, but what if they took more? At the end of Season 1, she and Baltar had a nice little tryst (even though she moaned Lee's name in the throes of passion.) When Baltar's 6 keeps talking about "our baby" is it possible that she's not talking about Boomer/Helo's baby and it really is Baltar's? Perhaps taken from Starbuck while she was in The Farm?

#2. There are a lot of comments by the Cylons and the humans about Kobol and the prophecy. "This has already happened and it will happen again." They then speak of Kobol being the place where gods and man fought it out. Could it be that this time around, mankind is considered "the gods" and the Cylons are considered to be what the humans once were? Think about it. The humans created the Cylons.

Even today, it's considered "playing God" when we talk about creating clones or artificial intelligence. When man created the Cylons, did they (at least metaphorically speaking) become gods? It would add more fuel to the fire of WHY the Cylons despise or feel bitter toward the humans. They were created by the humans as slave labor and somewhere along the way they achieved sentience of some kind. And where was mankind during this? Not being very good guardians at all, but rather... they became tyrants.

Go back to Kobol, where this has supposedly happened before. Perhaps the gods of the past created mankind in the same way mankind created the Cylons. They fought it out (as stated in the scrolls and by the Cylons.) Now, history is repeating itself.

Just thinking aloud more than anything. Have been mulling this over in my head quite a bit. Would LOVE any comments or ideas on these two theories or ANY theories from the series.

1). Wow. Never thought of that, well done. In one episode, when Six tells Giaus that she is indeed a figment of his imagination, she appears as Starbuck.
I'd give it a possibly....

2). I always saw that as some veiled reference to the original show and the holisticness of everything. RDM said he toyed with the idea of introducing one of the 'gods'. I actually wonder if the being talking to Baltar may not be the Cylon god in some way.

The Cylon bitterness is obvious. They were an AI race bread for war. That got them bitter. I'd love the whole original Cylon war to be developed more in some way though, possibly through more flash-backs.

As for the direction of the plot, I simply have no idea. The season 2 ender took my totally by suprise. Hoepfully they will play around with the whole resitance thing and show what life under the Cylons with Baltar as a true evil villan is like.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back