• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

BSG - Blonde Chick

I'm kind of bored with 24 this season also. I do look forward to the "SciFi Friday" (although I usually end up watching it on Mondays on TIVO). SG1 is OK, but I do really like Atlantis for a fun show with better characters. Then it all gets topped off with BSG. Great stuff...too bad its going to be going on hiatus again for a few months since the seaons are almost over.

I'm kind of bored with 24 this season also. I do look forward to the "SciFi Friday" (although I usually end up watching it on Mondays on TIVO). SG1 is OK, but I do really like Atlantis for a fun show with better characters. Then it all gets topped off with BSG. Great stuff...too bad its going to be going on hiatus again for a few months since the seaons are almost over.

Ah, but, we apparently get Dr. Who in it's place, so, it shouldn't be too terrible surving until summer without it. ;)

TBH, I have never had even the slightest interest in Dr Who. Something about British Sci-Fi has always been a huge turnoff for me. I tried watching the original (don't even ask me which guy was the Doctor) but just couldn't take it. I really don't even care that they are making a new version of it. To me its a non-event.

SPOILERS FOR 2/22 EP

And a number 6 with a Balter in her head!

SPOILERS FOR 2/22 EP

I think this is a big clue as to who/what is messing with Number 6's and Baltar's minds. My guess is that it is in fact the Cylon god, appearing in their minds in the form of the person they love (much the same that Kosh appeared in Sheridan's and G'Kar's minds as their fathers).

MORE SPOILERS....

Interesting. I've been wondering about the two peoples' respective religion. A polytheist/secular human race creates a monotheistic fanatical religious robot culture. What made the cylons adapt those kinds of beliefs? Previous episodes have already hinted at the Cylons knowing something about the origin of the humans' mythology that the humans themselves are ignorant of. Some sort of religious cataclysm will make for some great television.

Ron Moore has hinted that aliens may appear in the series some way down the road. He also stated that he originally planned to have one of the gods reveal themselves at the end of season 1.

My guess is that the gods ARE highly advanced aliens. There are 13 in total, one of them "went rogue" and became the "Cylon god". The Cylons believe that you can only be alive if you feel love and the Cylon god represents himself/herself in a manner consistant with this belief.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part!

Ron Moore has hinted that aliens may appear in the series some way down the road. He also stated that he originally planned to have one of the gods reveal themselves at the end of season 1.

My guess is that the gods ARE highly advanced aliens. There are 13 in total, one of them "went rogue" and became the "Cylon god". The Cylons believe that you can only be alive if you feel love and the Cylon god represents himself/herself in a manner consistant with this belief.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part!

This would riff nicely of the original series ideas, which were cool in an old school BSG cheese kinda way. in that, the Gods appeared to be time traveling super evolved humans! (in a glowy white special effect) And one of them had fallen, the wicked Count Iblis!!! I'm sure RDM will come around to all of this in good time... although they may well have had a good reason for 'falling..' expect everything to be turned on its head again.

The vision on Kobol of the way to earth was nicely handled. I hope any alien/ god visitation is done in a suitably sublime fashion...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back