• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SPOILER thoughts on Matrix Reloaded

I'd say she's a program. Her advanced knowledge seems to indicate that to me. She has a small amount of "Oracle" powers in her.

Some very interesting views in this thread.

I agree that some of the fight scenes were too long; but I think the ending is fine. I have no problems with a cliffhanger lasting some months. We get it between seasons on TV. Also, I will need the time to digest the information we were given and try to understand it all.

I did like the link to the Animatrix episode 'Kid's story'. I haven't seen all of the shorts, so I don't know if there were any more references.

I don't care what you say- you can't convince me that Monica Bellucci is a program. She is all woman.
*drool*

Many very interesting thoughts on the Matrix-universe in this thread :).

I saw the film at the cinema a few weeks ago and enjoyed it muchly must say! :D Though I still rate the first Matrix-film a little higher , it was still a very good sequel. :)

One can always find things in every movie that could have been done differently. In this one from my perspective there could have been a less abrupt , better\"grander" ending , there could have been better editing in some of the "intellectual-talking" scenes , there could have been fewer "over the top"-cartoonish fightscenes ( say Neo battling 5 Smiths instead of 50 ). Even so , it was a greatly entertaining movie , with great special effects , some memorable scenes ( who can forget the car-chase ? ) and all in all a fascinating journey into the intricate Matrix-universe.

Can`t wait for the conclusion , for "Matrix Revolutions" to come out in November - I will definetly be at the cinema for the grand finale , oh yeah! :D ;)

Right, I've seen it now!

Notice the colour of the candy? I think the oracle is still onside and good. She knew that Neo would take the red candy because it harks back to his earlier choice with Morpheus. Basically she is reaffirming Neo's chracter. He doesn't believe in destiny or fate, he likes to believe he can control his own fate. that's why he took the red pill, that's why he opted for the Matrix door. Why, because fate says he takes the choice that has always been taken, but Neo is the knid of guy who will think that even what the architect says is not set in stone. I think the five "One's" were what they were, but that Neo is "The One" spoken of in prophecy, the second film has added doubt to the equation (What do you do when everything you believe seems to be out the window). i think Neo will overcome it and will find a way to take out the Matrix and the architect... but there will be a price to pay.

There definitely seems to be a Yin and Yang thing going on between him and Smith

>> Here's the question: Is Persephone a program or a human?

I searched the net for this question and this thread came up. I just watched Revolutions and something had always bothered me. At the beginning, to the power plant guy, Neo says he's never heard a program "speak of love." This is just a blatant logical contradiction if Persephone is a program, because in Reloaded, she clearly says to Neo "She loves you. You love her. It's all over you both. A long time ago I knew what that felt like..." Not only does she speak OF love, she says she's experienced it, and pretty much implies the Merovingian has as well. The extent of this is obviously fuzzy, but at the very least she's quite literally "speaking of love" by discussing the subject.

Now obviously movies can have certain continuity errors, but that rarely extends to just blatantly forgetting or entirely contradicting something that happened, especially since in this case the two movies were made back to back. ("Wait, Neo, don't you remember the purple elephant you fought to the death in the Oracle's living room?"). So, if she's not a program, then she has to be human, unless she's something else entirely. (Note that Wikipedia doesn't say anything either way. And I'm not a die hard Matrix fan so I don't know what they say in the video games or comics, but I'm guessing they don't call her a "program." Please correct me if you know.)

One matrix mind splinter down, couple quadrillion to go...

I wouldn't know, I didn't bother to go to see that one. But even the militant apologists for Matrix II in my circle of friends claimed that III sucked beyond words.

Back