• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Update on JMS projects: Polaris, etc.

hypatia

Regular
It isn't much of an update, I'm afraid, but I thought I'd post it anyway. This just came from the moderated group's website:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>>Hey, whatever happened to the idea of writing a B5 one-shot for Wildstorm?

There should be something announced about that shortly.

>And also, what about your show-in-development for Sci-Fi, Polaris?

Currently revising the scripts, but delayed by the hand problem which slows me
down a lot.

>And will
>your comic anthology Dream Police ever happen?

Plans are for Top Cow to do it as a one-shot; DP was never itself planned as an
anthology, but rather one issue *in* that anthology.

jms
<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tigara:
<font color=yellow>What is Polaris?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Pole Star or what we refer to as the North Star.

I don't remember hearing much at all about Polaris. Other than it's a show he might be developing. Possibly for the Sci-Fi channel. Surely someone will come by and post who knows more than that. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Please?

Polaris is... what Polaris is.

It's all very secret, all very hush-hush. I haven't met a fan yet who knows (and some of these people have very good connections...)

I'm not sure whether Polaris has been given a green-light by Sci-fi; I don't think it has.

Doing a couple of scripts could mean, they are at the "we'll consider it, but we have to see a couple of scripts first" stage. If he's revising scripts he's already submitted, then they are interested enough to give feedback, but need changes. I guess that is a good sign.

Important information to get is what studio is attached to the project. If JMS could hook up with USA's own production arm, that increases the chance of greenlight. The USA/Vivendi merger is just around the corner.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>I haven't met a fan yet who knows (and some of these people have very good connections...)
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

If a fan has good connections like that they wouldn't keep them for very long if they started blabbing.

We may very well know people who know, but they just are maintaining the silence that gets them those good connections.

Back