• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Hobbit Interview with PJ and GdT

Well, looking at the entry for Frodo on the "One Wiki", 50 years old is pretty much spot on for for Frodo's journey there and back again. It says that he left Bag End for the beginning of his journey the day after his 50th birthday. Yeah, Elijah didn't look the age of the part; I think he acted well though.

Well, considering that we only heard of it after the fact (since Bilbo passed out during most of it,) it will be interesting nonetheless.

Well, y'see, I think they're going to have him actually fight in the battle. And that's just wrong.

YAnd even then after Gandalf tells Frodo to leave, Frodo hangs around for many months.

Tolkien was deliberately starting slow, ramping up the tension gradually -- even the Black Riders get more intimidating over time.

I don't think they'll have him fight in the battle. I think he'll pass out and they'll fill in all that happened so we can see it. I would think that PJ would stay true to that. I hope, anyway.

I don't think they'll have him fight in the battle. I think he'll pass out and they'll fill in all that happened so we can see it. I would think that PJ would stay true to that. I hope, anyway.

I really don't know... PJ, you see, goes for spectacle when it's inappropriate. (Anyone remember the avalanche of skulls? Just skulls?)

Hey between Del Toro and Jackson we are in for one hell of film and one hell of a thrill ride, whatever the final casting choices for Bilbo, I look forward to these two films yes as someone going to point out to me Gee your not complaining about this prequel. f wonder if Jackson would consider doing movie based on The Silmarillion, the saga of the second age and yes Its Prequel, i know and Im probably going to get a few more jeers over this one, fine I deserve it especially after my Caprica thread which in retrospect was n not such good idea. Hey there's no sour grapes on my part:)

The Silmarillion really would be unfilmable... excerpts from it might make some fine heroic fantasy, though.

Koshfan didn't they say the same thing with regard to Lord of the Rings? I am not trying to be sarcastic here. It just that Peter Jackson found a way to do it. I am convinced that Jackson or maybe Del Toro could find a way. I do agree it would be a very difficult undertaking and true it would great on the big screen. So wouldn't The Children of Hurien.

The Lord of the Rings at least has consistent characters who are there all the time, compared to, say, Feanor, who's hugely important for five chapters, dies, and is never heard from again. Part of the point of the Silmarillion is that it is generational.

And how the heck are they going to deal with the Akalabeth at the end, anyway?

Aahh, The Silmarillion ... the book that made the 12 year old me (fresh from reading The Lord of the Rings) go :wtf:

Must dig it out and have another look sometime.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back