• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Terminator: The S. Connor Chronicles

Interesting.

I was aware of the two direct-to-DVDs for SG1, and knew that Ark of Truth came out last week. Haven't gotten around to buying/renting it yet, but was at least mildly curious as to how it would turn out.

Had no idea about the rumors of the movie franchise being resurrected. If it happens, could be interesting. I'm a big Kurt Russell fan, so I'd be in.

Interesting.

I was aware of the two direct-to-DVDs for SG1, and knew that Ark of Truth came out last week. Haven't gotten around to buying/renting it yet, but was at least mildly curious as to how it would turn out.

Had no idea about the rumors of the movie franchise being resurrected. If it happens, could be interesting. I'm a big Kurt Russell fan, so I'd be in.

russel is maybe the most underrated actor working today.

i lost all interest for sg1 when jackson died and then came back miraculously when ratings began flagging.

Finally saw this. I had it taped but just haven't had the time to sit down and watch it.

Lame ending, I agree. Of course she makes it out.

Cool part was Reese showing John his father as a little boy. Really liked that part.

Scene with the FBI and terminator was also well done. Sometimes, it's best to make a loud moment less loud (if that makes sense.)

I'm interested in seeing more, but this certainly didn't feel like a season finale. It just felt like another episode. Not a bad one (well, two.)

I have now read that Terminator: TSCC is most likely to be renewed. It has performed well in key demos consistently. And it's about time FOX gave a show a chance to find its legs before axing it (ahem, cough, Firefly, cough).

While I can agree with you that the "wow" factor wasn't as big as it could've or should've been, you also have to remember that this was never intended to be the "season" finale. This was merely where they had reached in production prior to the strike. This may also have been all that was initially commissioned, though I believe FOX commissioned 13 not 10 eps. That said, this was turned into the season finale due to the strike and FOX deciding to let it have a short 1st season. Given their "druthers" I don't think the show runners would've preferred it end where it did. I don't think they had much of a choice.

CE

My wife and I are absolutely addicted to this show. I must say though the ending did seem anti climatic. I appreciate the explanation of why it wasn't this huge grandigenous cliff hanger. :D It did seem rather abrupt for a season final. :eek: Of coarse.... the strike definitely explains it.... :D
Any whoo, other than the ending I liked it alot. :beer: Well met.... on the info thanks again.... Terminator anything for me is simply just WAY COOL!!! :cool: (Turning his head slowly at you and with a icey cold stare the Terminator says "Are you John Connor?") :devil::devil::devil:

russel is maybe the most underrated actor working today.

i lost all interest for sg1 when jackson died and then came back miraculously when ratings began flagging.

Actually, the show's ratings were doing fine during the sixth season with Corin Nemic in for Dr. Jackson. Shanks left the show because he was becoming burnt out on the character and because he felt that the idea that it was originally a kind of buddy show between him and O'Neil was going away under new writers. He preferred the buddy moments with RDA.

There are many reasons why he returned (they "killed" him off in a way that he could return, that was clear and I'm still not convinced it wasn't meant to be a one season deal to begin with). First main reason is that fans clamored for his return, not only to the studio and show runners but Shanks got letters asking him to come back. Funny thing is, that Nemic had grown a large fanbase himself on the show and when they announced Shanks return, many were hoping they would keep Nemic as well. When they didn't, the Nemic fans became upset. Just goes to show you can't please everyone.

Bringing back a character because of fan outcry has happened on more than one occassion in the SG universe, the first being the biggest, Shanks return to SG-1. The second was very small and was Nemic's return for an episode or two. The latest has been the return of Paul McGillion this last season on Atlantis. While it's good that show runners respect fan views and desires and that they listen to their fans (something Berman never did on Trek and cost him is job -- way past the time it should've), there is a fine balance. A good use of this balance was the return of Dr. Frasier (Teryl Rothery) for an ep of SG-1 after her brutal death (she died in what is probably the best 2 eps of SG-1 ever made and if you stopped watching at the 7th season then you missed it as well as some of the best SG-1 moments ever in the series). They brought Rothery back for only one ep and it was clear it was a different Frasier from a different parallell universe. They also didn't over play it when she appeared.

All of that said, the other reason that Shanks returned was because they clearly offered him a chance to expand his ability to play different roles. In the season after he returned, they had Dr. Jackson doing things that allowed Shanks to be challenged and play characters other than Jackson, sometimes within the same ep. The main one that comes to mind is when Jackson became the vessel for the minds of a ship of colonists who had died in suspended animation. It was an amazing performance by Shanks.

To say they brought him back because of flagging ratings, isn't fair. Personally, I'm glad he came back. Since RDA left the show, Shanks has kind of taken over his role as the center of the team. His growth as a character was subtle but true.

CE

I netflixed it & I have to say I was disappointed... They did a lot of things well but the basic story kinda sucked. Sarah Conner & John time travel 10 years into the future... she doesn't have cancer anymore and John boy has his own female terminator this time. I like Summer Glau (sp?) and she plays the part well but the show still needs work.

They had a future flash in the one episode & the Terminators had rubber skin. It mad me remember back to the first movie when Reese said that the previous terminators... "had rubber skin... we could spot them easy."

Ive got two episodes of it on my DVR because I just havent felt like watching it...and there are other things I'd rather see. If that tells you anything...

This season has actually been very good, so far they have aired four episodes. Episode one was very good, episode two was complete garbage, episode three was good, and episode four was tremendous and easily the best episode of the series. It was also the episode that should get Summer Glau nominated for an Emmy, but because she's on a genre show that is about to be canceled she'll never get a whiff of a nomination.

Last edited:
I am actually pretty impressed with this season. The acting and the character development going on has really caught my attention. Sure, there is some strange time traveling paradoxes going on, but that isn't what I concentrate on, if one did, it would just hurt my brain to much!

Especially after the first season was 'eh' ... I am impressed where the writers are going ... now, lets just hope it stays on air, damn those cancellation rumors going around!

Wait, if it does get pulled ... are people going to send nuts to Fox studio's? As in lug nuts?

Because no one is watching it.

Actually, quite a few people are watching it, and if not for the producers it would possibly not be in danger of being canceled. It doesn't get great ratings, but for a Fox show it gets good enough ratings to stay on the air, the problem is that the producers asked for a much larger budget and they were granted one, and part of that budget increase was that they were expected to bring in big numbers because of the extra money, and they haven't done so.

Surprisingly enough Fox decided to back the show and has green lighted a full second season run. I've quite enjoyed the second season, and hopefully this will allow the writers and producers to tighten some things up and allow them to make a connection with more of an audience.

That sucks. She needs more exposure. And I meant that genuinely, not in a Koshfan pervy kinda way :p

I came into this thread accidentally, just in time to see myself slandered. To set the record straight, I feel Summer needs more exposure the way DL means.

(I actually have a real hard time being pervy about her; since I met her as River, I've usually taken a more "older brother" approach with her, for all that Glau is older than I am. Just don't mention Eliza Dushku.)

(I actually have a real hard time being pervy about her; since I met her as River, I've usually taken a more "older brother" approach with her, for all that Glau is older than I am. Just don't mention Eliza Dushku.)

I was wondering why I recognised Glau. The terminator is sexier than River.

So, I'm catching up with this on Hulu because I've been too scatterbrained to remember to watch/record it. Finished episode 3

Spoiler for :
Cameron loses her memory and starts to have "memories" or whatnot of Allison, the human female she was created too resemble

I'm liking it. It's a fun show. But what frustrates me to all end is that Summer Glau is so amazing as an actress. In some of the scenes that I've watched, she's giving emmy-award winning performances. But, they'll never be recognized because the academy has a distinct fear of science-fiction.

Pathetic. She is so f*ing awesome.

I agree that she is a good actress, but the problem in my eyes isn't that its science fiction. Its that her role in many ways resembles River Tam to me.

Back