• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Right, I've managed to see all of season 3 now, due to downloading.

I am still confused. I thought I was getting it all worked out and now I don't know what to believe.

Dhama had some sort of research station on the island, with various hatches, perhaps doing social experiments a-la 'Big Brother'. At some point, the natives took over, with the help of Ben, but still seem to be doing experiments. Is this all a front for Dhama? Dhama still seem to think people are there because of the food drop last season.

How long after the Others took over was the crash? At least three years, as Juliette has been there all that time.

So who are the people with the boat? Are they Dhama?

Ben is decidely crazy. Please let the Jacob thing not be a Phsyco Mother thing. But Locke heard him, so unless there is a naturally occuring gas that gives everyone on the island hallucinations, I have no idea.

Couple of other thoughts; The Nicki and Paulo episode. I had great problems downloading that and at one point got within four minutes of the end before it cut out. I began to think, 'I'm so close, do I really need to see the end?' I'm glad I did. It was very Hitchcock.

I thought Charlie couldn't swim because of an early episode in season 1 when a girl got caught in the riptide and Jack had to save Boone. I've checked the episode and Charlie says twice 'I don't swim.' OK, so perhaps something happened to make him scared of swimming, but I would have thought Jack would have remembered that when Charlie offered to swim into the Looking Glass.

Hurley coming to the rescue in the VW was classic!:D

Was that really a flash-forward with Jack? I'm only saying, because twice he mentions his Father, who we know is dead. I hope they don't start doing future flashes because that will spoil the suspense as to who will survive and get off the island.

So, hooked, but compleatly 'Lost' as far as the plot goes.

Right, I've managed to see all of season 3 now, due to downloading.

I am still confused. I thought I was getting it all worked out and now I don't know what to believe.

Dhama had some sort of research station on the island, with various hatches, perhaps doing social experiments a-la 'Big Brother'. At some point, the natives took over, with the help of Ben, but still seem to be doing experiments. Is this all a front for Dhama? Dhama still seem to think people are there because of the food drop last season.

How long after the Others took over was the crash? At least three years, as Juliette has been there all that time.

So who are the people with the boat? Are they Dhama?

Ben is decidely crazy. Please let the Jacob thing not be a Phsyco Mother thing. But Locke heard him, so unless there is a naturally occuring gas that gives everyone on the island hallucinations, I have no idea.

Couple of other thoughts; The Nicki and Paulo episode. I had great problems downloading that and at one point got within four minutes of the end before it cut out. I began to think, 'I'm so close, do I really need to see the end?' I'm glad I did. It was very Hitchcock.

I thought Charlie couldn't swim because of an early episode in season 1 when a girl got caught in the riptide and Jack had to save Boone. I've checked the episode and Charlie says twice 'I don't swim.' OK, so perhaps something happened to make him scared of swimming, but I would have thought Jack would have remembered that when Charlie offered to swim into the Looking Glass.

Hurley coming to the rescue in the VW was classic!:D

Was that really a flash-forward with Jack? I'm only saying, because twice he mentions his Father, who we know is dead. I hope they don't start doing future flashes because that will spoil the suspense as to who will survive and get off the island.

So, hooked, but compleatly 'Lost' as far as the plot goes.

What makes you believe they are still doing experiments. The only evidence of experiments I still see is Juliet trying to solve the "Conception on the island" problem. Ben was involved in the execution of Dharma personnel, I seriously doubt his people are a front for Dharma. Matter of fact, I believe Naomi's boat are Dharma returning for revenge, and that's what had Ben so spooked. I think Widmore found out about Penny locating Desmond on the island, and called his Dharma friends and told them to beat her there.

Danielle says she arrived on the island 8 months pregnant 16 years before the crash of Flight 815, and Ben is raising her daughter, so, I would say definitely Dharma was purged at least 16 years ago.

Yes, definitely a Flash Forward, 2 1/2 years in the future (Island time is around Christmas 2004, flash forward time is April 2007). The name of the funeral home anagrams into Flash Forward, the cell phone jack was using is a Late 2006 model phone, the newspaper article is date April 2007 (Kurt Cobain suicide anniversary and Nirvanna song was featured), he knew Kate, and was trying to find a way back to the island, and "they were all given gold passes". We've seen so much of Jack's past, there really is no room for him to be so messed on drugs and alcohol, and how could he so easily have drinks with Ana Lucia in the bar before the plane, and on the plane, and then not have any withdrawl symptoms whatsoever on the island? Charlie's were mild, but, at least he had some.
The mention of Jack's dad at the pharmacy is very easy to explain, he was spun and wanted more drugs, and lied. The second mention, the Chief of Staff gives Jack a very WTF look as if he knows Christian is dead, IMHO (Or it's an alternate timeline).

The characters who's flashbacks are pretty much played out (Jack, probably Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Sayid) will get flash forwards. The characters who have mysteries in their past (Ben, Danielle, etc) will get Flash backs. Everyone will want to know what happens after the rescue in the end, but, the audience at large won't watch once we leave the island, so flash forwards are the only way to handle the epilogue. Babylon 5 showed us the dstation being destroyed in S1, as well as Londo and G'Kar killing each other, so what's wrong with flash forwards (Although I don't think they are neccessarily written in stone)

I don't think Jack's Dad is "dead" in the traditional sense.

I've been suspecting that there is some kind off wealthy man's illuminti type club, working behind the scenes in the past.

Considering how rare Penny's Dad''s scotch is....isn't it more than a coincidence that Sun'sDad has a penchant for it... and it appears among the island stock?

I also think that the outline of Jacob looks remarkably like the profile of Dr Christian Shepherd.

I don't think Jack's Dad is "dead" in the traditional sense.

I've been suspecting that there is some kind off wealthy man's illuminti type club, working behind the scenes in the past.

Considering how rare Penny's Dad''s scotch is....isn't it more than a coincidence that Sun'sDad has a penchant for it... and it appears among the island stock?

I also think that the outline of Jacob looks remarkably like the profile of Dr Christian Shepherd.

Cooper and Shepard, I don't think are in on it, Widmore and Paik, I agree. In the episode where Sun meets Jin's prostitute mother, Sun walks in on a conversation that is not translated for us. That conversation had something to with a Dharma (Or was it Hanso?) shipment and proper documentation. Is McCutcheon's rare, or just pricey?

Jack identified his father's body, so one would think he'd have to be dead, unless he got ahold of some spider venom from the Medusa Spider.

The person playing Jacob was a stand in, a real actor hasn't been hired to play him, so if/when we see him again, he very well could look completely different. I actually thought Jacob looked like Jamey Sheridan who played Flag in The Stand

What makes you believe they are still doing experiments. The only evidence of experiments I still see is Juliet trying to solve the "Conception on the island" problem.

OK, so maybe it was all a ploy three years ago to just get Juliette on to the island. They only had to string her along for a few months before she started asking questions. They obviously had connections and money three years ago. Do they still?

Ben was involved in the execution of Dharma personnel, I seriously doubt his people are a front for Dharma.

I didn't mean that. I wondered if they were putting up an act to make Dhama believe everything was OK.

Matter of fact, I believe Naomi's boat are Dharma returning for revenge

I did wonder about that. I am also wondering if the guy in the hatch before Desmond was actually a Dhama worker who survived the purge. Would explain why the hatch was buried. Why else the food drops?

Danielle says she arrived on the island 8 months pregnant 16 years before the crash of Flight 815, and Ben is raising her daughter, so, I would say definitely Dharma was purged at least 16 years ago.

Flashbacks needed there.

Yes, definitely a Flash Forward, 2 1/2 years in the future. <snip> the cell phone jack was using is a Late 2006 model phone

So, I just happen to be the only person who has no interest in mobile phone models.

the newspaper article is date April 2007

I didn't think we saw enough of the newspaper to see a date.

he knew Kate, and was trying to find a way back to the island, and "they were all given gold passes".

We didn't see that until near the end, so it was quite cleverly played out.

The mention of Jack's dad at the pharmacy is very easy to explain, he was spun and wanted more drugs, and lied. The second mention, the Chief of Staff gives Jack a very WTF look as if he knows Christian is dead, IMHO (Or it's an alternate timeline).

Very possible.

Everyone will want to know what happens after the rescue in the end, but, the audience at large won't watch once we leave the island, so flash forwards are the only way to handle the epilogue.

Please, I do not want flash forwards, as it tells you who will survive, so there is no suspense when those characters are in danger. What if the actors playing Jack or Kate suddenly decide to leave the show before the run is up? (OK, there are contracts, but anything could happen) Those flash forwards are now untrue.

I wouldn't mind an epilogue. One episode would be enough to tell us how all the characters got on, say a year later.

Babylon 5 showed us the station being destroyed in S1, as well as Londo and G'Kar killing each other,

But in both cases, what we thought we were seeing was not what actually happened, or what we thought was happening. (Not explained very well. You know what I mean.)

Mittelos seemed to be run by Richard, so I imagine they still have that connection, although going back and forth doesn't seem real possible anymore. Someone got Cooper into the accident and drugged him, and brought him to the island, so, yea, I think we reason to believe the Others still had connections (At least until Locke blew up the sub, or at least a month ago when the Swan imploded)

I think Dharma was prevented from finding the island by the scrambling and such, so, I'm not sure about having to keep up a pretense, I suspect Paik is responsible for the Food Drops, and they may be an automatic process nobody ever thought to cancel, or maybe the food drops are generated from within the island's influence (Say for example from underground, popping up, and floating back down, since we didn't hear a plane delivering the last pallet, or maybe from the 3rd island).

They are not sure if they will get to a Danielle flashback this year (only 16 episodes each season for the remaining 3 seasons). I suspect they are hiding something from us. But, at least if they intend to give her a flashback, as long as they make us wait, they won't kill her :D

There are various copies of the newspaper article from a couple different angles, and blown up out on the net. Let me see if I can find something for you

I think the flashforwards won't be written in stone, I think as decisions are made, future events may be changed, as occurred in some of B5 flash forwards, predictions, etc. Yea, I understand what you are saying about the B5 futures not being what we thought they were, and that's my point, I don't think they are in LOST, either, but, in a different way.

I actually didn't catch the Cell phone myself, but, I hang out on the ABC LOST Board, so, I got it through osmosis :D

I had to resurrect this thread. I just finished Season 3. And I had to post.....

Hurly drivin' a bus through the middle of the camp and runnin' over one of "the Others" rocked my whole day. I actually stood up and cheered.

And I think it's John Locke's body in that casket, though it would make no sense to me why he'd ever leave that island.

Last edited:
Really? I saw a close up of that article and it mentions a male body found, name starts with J--born in New York. I don't imagine it's Sawyer. Could just be a red herring, though.

I am starting season 4 tonight. I swore I wouldn't watch this show on network television, but I can't help myself now. I just have to continue.

I am starting season 4 tonight. I swore I wouldn't watch this show on network television, but I can't help myself now. I just have to continue.

Let me know what you think of The Constant when you get to it. I think it is episode 5 or 6. Personally it's one of my highlights of the entire series.

I blogged about the episode back when I saw it and used a clip from the end of the episode from Youtube. It's where I first came across the term "Watercooler Moment" and I surprised myself by actually correctly guessing what that term meant.

Back