• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Flash Gordon

That's a very interesting perspective to me. Is B5 any less plausible than "2001, A Space Odyssey"? Or "Contact"?

I would definitely say B5 was closer to these than "Flash".

Now, don't get me wrong. That movie was indeed fun to watch. Once. :LOL: But I'd liken "Flash Gordon" to "Xena" or "Hercules", quite frankly. Only not as good and the men weren't as sexy. ;)

I miss Xena. :( The best guilty television pleasure I ever had was that show. :eek:

That's a very interesting perspective to me. Is B5 any less plausible than "2001, A Space Odyssey"? Or "Contact"?

I would definitely say B5 was closer to these than "Flash".

Now, don't get me wrong. That movie was indeed fun to watch. Once. :LOL: But I'd liken "Flash Gordon" to "Xena" or "Hercules", quite frankly. Only not as good and the men weren't as sexy. ;)

I miss Xena. :( The best guilty television pleasure I ever had was that show. :eek:

come on man, xena and hercules sucked almost as badly as Mortal Kombat: the TV series, or whatever the fuck that piece of shit was called... no wait, they sucked as badly as andromeda ooooohhhhh burn.

bugger, i was going to go to bed, but after watching that video i feel the need for the whole movie.

"Match him...Like this"

Regarding the topic...

Show sucked. When the alien bounty hunter chick showed up in the red 4x4 I changed the damn channel. If I want to be insulted, I can always watch something on Lifetime.

Regarding the topic...

Show sucked. When the alien bounty hunter chick showed up in the red 4x4 I changed the damn channel. If I want to be insulted, I can always watch something on Lifetime.

that was a bit fucking much, but still flash gordon lives with his mum dude, what next? skeletor helping out at the old peoples home?

I thought the Flash Gordon, Dale, Aura and the professor (Was he actually called Zarkov?) were all well done, and I could even get past the fact he's nto trapped on Mongo, and that he travels by wormhole, but, I don't think I'll ever be able to beyond the fact that Ming has long blonde hair, and doesn't have sinister eyebrows or facial, that was very disappointing. The show in itself, without the "Flash Gordon" label on it wasn't horrible, and I'll give it another couple of episodes to see if I can get beyond my bias, but, Ming really is nothing like even an update should be.

Finally watched it.

First, I agree with some aspects of people's comments. I think this show should have been called something different. Calling it Flash Gordon is a shameless attempt to use a prior show/comic strip to attract viewers and trick people into thinking this is yet another franchise reboot or re-telling. This is not a re-telling, it is totally not even remotely the same show, except for characters having the same names. That's it.

Second, if they did decide to call this show with some new name, other than Flash Gordon, it would still be schlock. It is such a blatant rip-off of so many shows its not funny. In some ways it clearly is Stargate: Flash Gordon. It also has the same principal as Sliders, with the rift appearing and the remote control thingy.

No serious complaints about the actors per say, but the show is a cheese fest, its a rip-off of a few other successful shows, and it also borrows the name of some classic science fiction (and I don't mean that 80s movie) yet has nothing to do with it other than having characters with the same name.

Weak. But typical Sci-Fi channel...

Nope. Less hot chicks in skimpy clothes in this one. Plus, Cleo 2525 had Gina Torres.

Last edited:
I remember the strippers, thats all. And robots called 'Baileys'. Anyhow, Flash Gordon looks whack. I love the movie so much I think I will avoid and just wait for those Farscape webisodes...

Latest posts

Members online

Back