• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost (minor rants)

Funny, comparing Walt to Kosh isn't so crazy. Thing about Kosh is, yes, they used him sparingly, but they also didn't hold anything back and before he was killed, we got all the payoff we needed: We saw what he looked like, which was a big mystery from Season 1, and we learned he is one of the ancient races, another mystery, and we also saw how he tied into the overall story.

With Walt, we didn't get any of that. Nothing.

I dont know if they will come back or not. I read lately that the actor playing Michael quite Lost so he could be in a pilot for a new show.

Galahad said:
I heard they were originally going to kill Locke off in season 1.

I also heard or read somewhere that they were originally going to kill Jack in like the second or third episode of season one. If only they had, I been finding him so particularly boring for so long now.

And I too have wondered if they'll ever explain Walt. If I had to guess as of now, I'd say no.

Last edited:
No, but thanks for reminding me that I was really pissed off that one of the biggest mysteries of the first season, Walt and his abilities, was never explained at all and that he left the show without a SINGLE F%#KING PAYOFF on that. He wasn't even in the second season for more than an episode or two, because he was taken by the Others, and then in the S2 finale, he sails off with Dad.

Will we see him again? Who knows. But its that kind of crap that has people so pissed off about how this show is being handled. What we want to know about, are mysteries of the island, and what Walt's deal was. What we got was knowledge of how Jack got his fucking tatoos.

Who cares?

So, then it was completely wrong for Sinclair to disappear, without any notice whatsoever, when S2 ep 1 aired, and not to come up again, to find out about the hole in his mind until Mid Season 3 and later? Michael and Walt are supposed to be returning in S4.

I also heard or read somewhere that they were originally going to kill Jack in like the second or third episode of season one. If only they had, I been finding him so particularly boring for so long now.

And I too have wondered if they'll ever explain Walt. If I had to guess as of now, I'd say no.

Jack was supposed to die in the Pilot, and Kate was supposed to be the main star, but, michael Keaton decided he didn't want to do the Pilot, so they hired Matt Fox for a more permanent job, and therefore Jack didn't die in the Pilot afterall.

:eek: Michael Keaton?? Is there more than ONE Michael Keaton? The one I'm thinking of is too old....

:eek: Michael Keaton?? Is there more than ONE Michael Keaton? The one I'm thinking of is too old....

Yes, Michael Keaton (Mr. mom and Batman). Too old to be a Dr that dies in the Pilot of a new TV series? Since Jack wasn't intended to survive beyond the Pilot, you really can't subscribe the character arc of Matt Fox's Dr. Jack Shepard to the Dr. Jack Michael keaton would've played.

So, then it was completely wrong for Sinclair to disappear, without any notice whatsoever, when S2 ep 1 aired, and not to come up again, to find out about the hole in his mind until Mid Season 3 and later? Michael and Walt are supposed to be returning in S4.

No it wasn't. My point was, if we never see Michael or Walt again, THEN that will be really, really, really piss poor. If we do see them again and get some payoff...then its fine. Things were looking, rumor wise, of them not returning though. I'm just getting tired of the "wait and see" of this show. B5 had so many other big mysteries paid off after the first season, that the Sinclair thing was cool because the show wasn't just strining people along without any payoff. Lost....isn't doing this at all, so don't expect me to cut them any slack...

Sinclair also appeared on screen in The Coming of Shadows, which helped keep him not only in the viewers' minds, but also as an intrinsic part of the story. S2E1 established in dialogue that he had been reassigned to Minbar as ambassador, S2E9 built on that by making both characters and viewers aware that he was also head of the Rangers, working towards the war with the Shadows, and that Earth knew nothing of his moonlighting.

Sinclair also appeared on screen in The Coming of Shadows, which helped keep him not only in the viewers' minds, but also as an intrinsic part of the story. S2E1 established in dialogue that he had been reassigned to Minbar as ambassador, S2E9 built on that by making both characters and viewers aware that he was also head of the Rangers, working towards the war with the Shadows, and that Earth knew nothing of his moonlighting.

So, how is this different from Walt appearing on screen a couple times in early S2, and then again in late S2, and it was explained he was sent home, and we will likely find out more about him as we find out about other kids the "Others" kidnap and we know the character (if not the actor, as he will be old to pull off 10 or 11 by that time) will return later?

Yes, Michael Keaton (Mr. mom and Batman). Too old to be a Dr that dies in the Pilot of a new TV series? Since Jack wasn't intended to survive beyond the Pilot, you really can't subscribe the character arc of Matt Fox's Dr. Jack Shepard to the Dr. Jack Michael keaton would've played.

They just would have cast an older dad for him.

I guess I don't understand the logic. Why cast someone like that and then kill him off right away?

So, how is this different from Walt appearing on screen a couple times in early S2, and then again in late S2, and it was explained he was sent home, and we will likely find out more about him as we find out about other kids the "Others" kidnap and we know the character (if not the actor, as he will be old to pull off 10 or 11 by that time) will return later?

It isn't ... that wasn't really the point. You implied that Sinclair had just disappeared without warning at the start of S2 and not been seen again until he returned for WWE - and I had my nitpicking head on.

It was a B5 point rather than a Lost point, since I haven't seen most of S2 and 3, and must find a way to catch up some time.

:p

It isn't ... that wasn't really the point. You implied that Sinclair had just disappeared without warning at the start of S2 and not been seen again until he returned for WWE - and I had my nitpicking head on.

It was a B5 point rather than a Lost point, since I haven't seen most of S2 and 3, and must find a way to catch up some time.

:p

But I was responding to Recoil saying it was unacceptable that Walt was only in a couple episodes in S2, and isn't due back until S4, and they didn't close up his story.

Spoiler for a Big answer finally being revealed in this week's episode. Not what the answer is, but, the question that will be answered (which you may have already gathereed from the previews)

This week, we are supposed to finally find out how Locke Ended up in the wheelchair

End Spoiler
space

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back