• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Futurama possibility?

hypatia

Regular
This story is from www.scifi.com

A Future For Futurama?

Talks have begun at 20th Century Fox TV to revive the animated TV show Futurama, much in the same way Family Guy found new life after cancellation, Variety reported.

The studio is in early discussions to put Futurama back in production and create a limited number of episodes of the Emmy Award-winning show, although it's too soon to tell where those episodes might end up. A representative for 20th Century Fox TV declined comment to Variety.

The final original episode of Futurama aired on Fox in August 2003. Since then, the show has found new life and fans via DVD releases and repeatedly high-rated airings on the Cartoon Network.

Before Futurama comes back into being, however, Fox first must secure deals with the show's production team, as well as voice stars Billy West (Fry), Katey Sagal (Leela) and John DiMaggio (Bender).

Meanwhile, new Futurama stories have appeared in comics published by co-creator Matt Groening's Bongo Comics imprint.

I can't begin to say how happy a return of Futurama would make me. :) It's too soon, obviously, but one can hope. :cool:

Amen... I found the humour showed a lot more dry wit.

I only catch it now and then on Channel 4, but every episode I have seen has left me wanting more. Still inwardly chorlte when I think of Fry accidentally killing his supposed Grandad while trying to save his life... and then well you know what comes next!

I also found the concept of Evil Santa hilarious... "we'll see who gets the last ho!"

of course it is coming back, it was confirmed a few months back, i read it on shoutwire (i think) 13 episodes in 2008, and depending on audiences they will take it from there. also the reason futurama is better than the simpsons comes down to futurama being a show made for US, the nerds, the geeks whatever you wish to call them.

There is a local radio newsman in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdal market named Aaron Bender. Whenever I catch one of his newscasts I keep expecting to hear him sign off by saying, "For WIOD radio news, this is Aaron Bender - and you can kiss my shiny metal ASS!"

I wish he'd really do it, just once. :)

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Back