B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 28th 20, 18:40   #11
Looney
Telepath

Re: Eureka (2006-2012)

​Episode 11
H.O.U.S.E. RULES

IMDB Synopsis
A bad day in the lab forces Carter to rethink his decision to live in Eureka, prompting an intervention from S.A.R.A.H. (the Self Activated Residential Automated Habitat)

(This episode references back to PURPLE HAZE, Episode 10.)

Liked.....

So much of this episode. I am shocked how much I like Stark in this season. When I was re-introduced to this character I thought I was going to hate him, but Ed Quinn has done an excellent job of creating a character I am interested in. Sooooooooooo glad they kept Zoe out of this as much as possible.

Didn't Like.....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh did this episode make a TERRIBLE mistake. It was SHOCKING!!!!! But I will put that in the spoiler section below. It really just destroyed an episode I was loving. Anywho other things I didn't like would be this forced thing that is happening with Jo (Erica Cerra) and Taggart (Matt Frewer). My only solace is I know Frewer doesn't last on the show, so whatever they are trying to force here is going away soon.

Spoiler for spoiler:
They destroyed this episode when they killed the comic relief. You NEVER kill the comic relief. It changed the whole tone of the episode in the WORST way. They were looking for a tonal shift, but this was wrong. And it was soooooooooooo predictable.

Plus it utterly failed because it didn't create the effect it should have. The uptick in danger from this tragedy is basically passed over because the guy was comic relief. I don't think one character utter a word about that poor guy. There was no real mention of the home-icide. (I am hilarious!!!!! ) after the initial visual. But seriously the rest of the cast basically glosses over the fact someone was killed and that someone was a person. That is a huge problem shows like this have. Supporting characters get killed off, but they need to move the plot along so it gets glossed over. It really makes all of these main characters look extremely bad, like they all think that guy didn't really matter because the show painted him as just the guy who delivered the pizza.

And there is NO chance Carter would stay in that house no matter what changes were made. That was the most ridiculous thing to end on. Even if the guns were removed he would still have to worry about what else S.A.R.A.H. could do, such as with the air and water. Ridiculous....

Sorry I was REALLY enjoying this episode and this one incident pretty much spoiled my overall rating of it.​

Last edited by Looney; October 7th 20 at 23:46.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 20, 18:55   #12
Kraig
First One

I like your Eureka thread, but you do know that
Spoiler for tags:
spoiler tags are available.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 20, 19:52   #13
Looney
Telepath

I know there are, but I always forget how to do it.
Old October 6th 20, 20:00   #14
Looney
Telepath

EPISODE 12
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Okay so I have been taking a break from Eureka to start a 31 Day Horror Movie Marathon. It hasn't been going great. The goal is to see 31 Horror/Ghost/Monster/Halloween movies I've never seen before and I've seen a lot of stinkers already. The BEST ones I've seen so far have been GET OUT (2017) and HOCUS POCUS (1993).

I watched one that was a pretty good movie, but I would never ever, ever, ever watch again because it profoundly depressed me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because I don't want people to be depressed. ACACIA {Original Title - AKASIA} (2003) is a Korean film that made it so I had to watch something more light-hearted immediately and the Eureka Season One Finale, ONCE IN A LIFETIME 1.12, was my choice. (It honestly didn't help much. ACACIA (2003) is going to haunt me for awhile.)

Okay sooo moving on....

B5 GUEST STAR SIGHTING - TAMLYN TOMITA

IMDB Synopsis
After another lab accident Jack wakens to a whole new world. ..... (This sums it up perfectly. I wish I had be tabulating how many of these episodes were going to revolve around lab accidents. 20/20 Hindsight)

(This references several Season One Episodes.)

LIKED.....
Hmmmm.... I can't say I liked a lot of this one.
Spoiler for spoiler:
I liked that we might get a reason why Stark turns completely evil. It was a nice glimpse at an alternate history, but ...

DIDN'T LIKE.....
Spoiler for spoiler:
.....it was far too utopian. I mean one might argue that if Kim doesn't live then all of their lives really go wrong - look at how Zoe turned around. That may not happen. I also didn't like that Carter was the only person, other than Henry, to magically remember the alternate timeline.
That didn't make any sense at all.

All and all I guess it was a decent Season Ender that could have doubled as a Series Ender if necessary. DEFINITELY looking forward to Season Two.

Last edited by Looney; October 7th 20 at 23:45.
Old October 7th 20, 22:41   #15
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
EPISODE 12
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Okay so I have been taking a break from Eureka to start a 31 Day Horror Movie Marathon. It hasn't been going great. The goal is to see 31 Horror/Ghost/Monster/Halloween movies I've never seen before and I've seen a lot of stinkers already. The BEST ones I've seen so far have been GET OUT (2017) and HOCUS POCUS (1993).

I watched one that was a pretty good movie, but I would never ever, ever, ever watch again because it profoundly depressed me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because I don't want people to be depressed. ACACIA {Original Title - AKASIA} (2003) is a Korean film that made it so I had to watch something more light-hearted immediately and the Eureka Season One Finale, ONCE IN A LIFETIME 1.12, was my choice. (It honestly didn't help much. ACACIA (2003) is going to haunt me for awhile.)
For horror if you haven't seen it yet
Spoiler for spoiler:
The Cabin in the Woods

Spoiler tags are so
Spoiler for spoiler:
difficult.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

-- Craig T. Nelson
Old October 7th 20, 23:43   #16
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post

Spoiler tags are so
Spoiler for spoiler:
difficult.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Well yeah they are difficult when you don't know how to do them and when every other site you use just has [spoiler] instead of this way. Why would it require spoiler=spoiler instead of just [spoiler]?!

I will never remember that, as has already been proven.
Old October 8th 20, 02:21   #17
Kraig
First One

You can also say
Spoiler for :
spoiler

Or this is a
Spoiler for specific reason:
special or show name type of spoiler.

The Cabin in the Woods
Spoiler for The Cabin in the Woods:
is an excellent Horror movie while being tongue and cheek about Horror movies.

-- Craig T. Nelson

Last edited by Kraig; October 8th 20 at 02:24.
Old October 10th 20, 21:40   #18
Looney
Telepath

Ooops sorry I meant to say in my last post that I have indeed seen CABIN IN THE WOODS in the past.

I am up to 23 on my 31 days, so I think I am going to make it.

Yesterday I got in:

ISLE OF THE SNAKE PEOPLE (1971) Boris Karloff could not save this waste of time.
DRIVE-IN MASSACRE (1976) Another waste of time, in particular due to the fact that it doesn't really have an ending.

Took a break from horror and went to a 5 o'clock showing of THE WAR WITH GRANDPA (2020) at a theater. I recommend it if you like fun and formulaic. The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking how much it reminded me of every similar movie since the 1990s. But I still enjoyed it quite a bit for what it is.

Back to horror. My friend has a screened in patio area and a new projector, so he had a little gathering and screened....

READY OR NOT (2019) I enjoyed this one, but would have preferred it ended differently. Had it been given the conclusion I wanted I likely would have bought a physical copy of this movie as soon as it ended. But they went a different direction so they don't get my money.

THE DEAD DON'T DIE (2019) What a mis-fire. And I mean my friend deciding to show this turkey at a gathering. But yes the movie itself is a mis-fire as well. Brilliant in parts, but it doesn't come together as a whole. I think Jim Jarmusch just over thought this one and tried to include too much.
Old October 11th 20, 18:34   #19
Kraig
First One

I have two movies in the DVR that have been recorded and I haven't watched yet. WIki links below with spoilers.

Slaughterhouse Rulez & Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

-- Craig T. Nelson

Last edited by Kraig; October 11th 20 at 18:37.
Old October 11th 20, 21:26   #20
Looney
Telepath

Well now I definitely want to see SLAUGHTERHOUSE RULEZ after just seeing the poster.

I saw SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK (2019) in the theater. Don't have high expectations and you will be fine. I didn't think it was a bad movie by any means. I was just a little disappointed because I had expectations.