B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old February 25th 20, 10:51   #11
Crash
Lurker

Re: Into the Fire Game Soundtrack

It's good to have a friendly forum for any given topic.
Would be great to have all this stuff centralised through facebook; even if maintaining a private website can be a bit of a chore.
Firstones seemed to be more along the lines of Bab5 gaming and mods. It came across a bit like a private gaming clan, nowadays.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th 20, 10:14   #12
Springer
Telepath

I cam across this promotional watch for the game on the B5 reddit page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/babylon5/co...ased_into_the/

Apparently there were also promotional mousepads and posters for the game as well, so perhaps the CD was among those promotional items, given away at a convention or something? I had never seen the watch before so I guess it's entirely possible there could be a CD I've not seen too.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th 20, 13:26   #13
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I cam across this promotional watch for the game on the B5 reddit page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/babylon5/co...ased_into_the/

Apparently there were also promotional mousepads and posters for the game as well, so perhaps the CD was among those promotional items, given away at a convention or something? I had never seen the watch before so I guess it's entirely possible there could be a CD I've not seen too.
OMG that is soooo hilarious!!!!! Thanks to this thread I actually just decided to take my watch out of the case I had it stored in and take it to have the battery removed. Yes I have one of the watches and it is still great. I've never worn it. I was actually told I was extremely lucky and that battery could have done serious damage and likely would have if I had left it in. I also have the poster. I can't recall if I have any of the other promotional items, but if there were only 5 CDs made I doubt they were promotional. More likely just in house for people who worked on it.

Last edited by Looney; February 27th 20 at 13:30.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th 20, 18:20   #14
babylonfan
Ranger

Does anyone know of a reliable site where I can safely upload five MP3 files, each approximately 11:20 minutes long.
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st 20, 03:11   #15
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonfan View Post
Does anyone know of a reliable site where I can safely upload five MP3 files, each approximately 11:20 minutes long.
I wish I had an answer for you. I am surprised I am the first to respond since this thread was generating some buzz.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 20, 09:24   #16
Crash
Lurker

Hey, this sounds good - I've used wetransfer in the past.
It's quite easy to use and is reliable but I also upload things to Onedrive and share a folder, where it gives a link to pass on to people.

You woulda had a reply from me sooner. I checked this on my phone in bed but my poor old Windows phone wouldn't bring up the onscreen keyboard when I tapped into the reply box so I had to wait until this morning.

Last edited by Crash; March 2nd 20 at 09:33.
Old March 2nd 20, 15:27   #17
Springer
Telepath

Dropbox is another possibility, though you have to share the link with people and give them access.

Or, if as I am assuming the files are the longer versions of the tracks that we've been discussing, maybe contact the Music of Babylon 5 website and they could host the files for everyone to access? musicofbabylon5.com
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 20, 21:00   #18
babylonfan
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Dropbox is another possibility, though you have to share the link with people and give them access.

Or, if as I am assuming the files are the longer versions of the tracks that we've been discussing, maybe contact the Music of Babylon 5 website and they could host the files for everyone to access? musicofbabylon5.com
Is that site still being updated?
Old March 2nd 20, 21:20   #19
babylonfan
Ranger

I wonder if this will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3o2y1idts...UxIBiyMIa?dl=0
Old March 2nd 20, 23:14   #20
Crash
Lurker

Thank you ever so much,
I really wasn't sure I'd hear the full versions again.

It took a surprising bit of doing trying to find out exactly what these longer versions were and where they'd come from.
It does make sense to contact the owner of the Babylon 5 music site and pass these along but neither of the owner's websites have any contact method available other than twitter (?). I guess I might break the habit of a lifetime and use that to drop him a line