• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tiny Print

The site is constrained to fit within 800x600 so text size won't affect the gaps each side.

There will be content in the bar to the left of the board though, so there is a bit more to come. :)

Am I the only one here who finds smaller text easier to read?

I can't stand large type. It just looks so... horribly ugly.

It's not a matter of not liking the way it looks for me, Derian. I'm going to get headaches if I'm here for a long time squinting trying to read this small type.

I couldn't care less if I find the print ugly or not. I hope it can get just a bit bigger so I can read it more easily.

It's not a matter of not liking the way it looks for me, Derian. I'm going to get headaches if I'm here for a long time squinting trying to read this small type.

I couldn't care less if I find the print ugly or not. I hope it can get just a bit bigger so I can read it more easily.

Agreed! On my screen, the print is about 9 point, and that's a bit difficult to read from two feet away.

Oh, I wasn't jsut talking about the aesthetics... I actually physicall find it easier to read at this size.. which looks to be about 8pt on my screen res.

To each their own. It's a little odd, I know, especially considering my eyesight, but I've always found small type easier to read, provided I'm not trying to do so from any sort of a distance.

Why don't we take a poll?

1. Would like larger print.

2. Keep the print the size it is now. It's perfectly fine.

:)

One of you moderator types would have to make the actual poll.

There's no need for a poll. I will just offer two choices, and the user chooses what they want.

Oh good because even I am having a hard time reading it and I -like- smaller font sizes. At the moment, I have to set the page at 120% zoom which it makes it much easier to read and doesn't look too horrible aesthetically either. ;)

Guess now is a good time to start using large fonts on my 1920x1440 resolution. :D :p

The board does look a little small on my end of the screen but then my laptop is fricken huge... 1400 x 1050. :cool:

I'm only doing 1280x1024 on a 20" monitor. It was kind of small before, so I switched to Large Fonts (125%, 120dpi). That worked A-OK until this last B5TV change :)eek:).

I don't know really ... probably 21" or so. I inherited it during our first round of layoffs and I grabbed the biggest monitor I could find. :D

I tried using large fonts but it just looked ugly so now I am back to zooming to 120% in my browser to read the boards. ;)

You people and your freakishly large resolutions! Make me want to conduct a black op to my mom's office and steal her flat 24" to put you all to shame with 3200*2400 :p

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by solaris5: </font>
You people and your freakishly large resolutions! Make me want to conduct a black op to my mom's office and steal her flat 24" to put you all to shame with 3200*2400 :p

...envisioning solaris5 as Ninja Dilbert. :LOL:

It's very nice of you, Antony, to work out a way for us to have two choices of fonts. Let us know when that's ready, ok? :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back