B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Other TV-related forums > Non-B5 books, TV & films

Old March 11th 09, 00:34   #1
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

No Space TV Show After the End of BSG!

I'm not quite sure about that, because I don't live in the US and I don't have the chance to watch all the new programmes on TV, but I think that after the end of BSG we won't have any real space Sci-Fi TV series anymore.I hope I'm wrong and some new cool show is going to be aired soon.

If there won't be anything new, the only option would be rewatcing old space shows such as "Firefly", "Farscape" and of course "B5" and "Crusade".

I've sworn that I would never watch the biggest rip-off in the history of television, called "Deep Space Nine". I've given it up after the first episode, when I heard the name Gul Dukat.

There's really not much left - "Andromeda" is dumb, so are "Voyager" and "TNG". I had some hopes for "Enterprise", but in vain.

Tell me there's something coming.
Old March 11th 09, 00:59   #2
ALeafOnTheWind
Ranger

Re: No Space TV Show After the End of BSG!

I've been getting into "Dollhouse" (Joss Whedon's new show)
ALeafOnTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 09, 01:05   #3
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALeafOnTheWind View Post
I should give this one a try.

I saw some "Fringe" episodes. It may be interesting, even though in my opinion the casting is not very good.
Old March 11th 09, 02:56   #4
Recoil
First One

All good recommendations, but the original point of the thread is correct. I do not think there will be any new episodes of "Space-based" Sci-Fi on TV after BSG ends. Nothing I'm aware of anyway.
Old March 11th 09, 03:56   #5
Mike G

The new Stargate spin-off, Stargate Universe will be spaced based. Hard to say if it will be any good or not. Its not starting until late 2009 though.
Old March 11th 09, 06:58   #6
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth_Seeker View Post
I'm not quite sure about that, because I don't live in the US and I don't have the chance to watch all the new programmes on TV, but I think that after the end of BSG we won't have any real space Sci-Fi TV series anymore.I hope I'm wrong and some new cool show is going to be aired soon.

If there won't be anything new, the only option would be rewatcing old space shows such as "Firefly", "Farscape" and of course "B5" and "Crusade".

I've sworn that I would never watch the biggest rip-off in the history of television, called "Deep Space Nine". I've given it up after the first episode, when I heard the name Gul Dukat.

There's really not much left - "Andromeda" is dumb, so are "Voyager" and "TNG". I had some hopes for "Enterprise", but in vain.

Tell me there's something coming.
Stargate Universe.

You can't lump Voyager and TNG together. Sure, TNG had some dumb episodes, like the one that aired tonight ("Justice"), but a lot of them were pretty good~OK. Voyager was 99% crap. Re. DS9, I discovered it years before I ever heard of B5, dropped DS9 in about year 4 when I couldn't stand it anymore, found B5, and haven't watched DS9 since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALeafOnTheWind View Post
Not a space TV show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
The new Stargate spin-off, Stargate Universe will be spaced based. Hard to say if it will be any good or not. Its not starting until late 2009 though.
Yeah, that's the only one that comes to mind. As for me. I'm re-watching B5 & Crusade.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 09, 09:26   #7
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Yeah Universe it is, or rewatching B5 (guess which one I will be doing ?). RDM had another space based pilot planned, but not sure what happened to it. I guess also Dr Who kinda counts.

What will all those effects guys do ?

Guess I will be turning to video games again for my hard skify fix.
Jumpgate Evolution, the new Star Wars MMO and Mass Effect 2 look worth watching.

http://eu.jumpgateevolution.com/?territory=EnglishUK

http://www.swtor.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_2

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker

Last edited by darth_librarian; March 11th 09 at 14:23.
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 09, 15:24   #8
Mike G

Quote:
RDM had another space based pilot planned, but not sure what happened to it.
Last I herd it was still on track, but still a long way off.
Old March 11th 09, 16:03   #9
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Stargate Universe will probably be the first thing, I believe it's coming along in Oct.

The BSG Prequel Caprica, I thought was supposed to start about that same time, but, maybe it's further off.

Dr. Who has no regular Season until 2010, only the specials, and Torchwood (rarely space based) I believe is going to show a miniseries of 5 episodes over 1 week in the UK.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 09, 16:20   #10
GaribaldisHair
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
... Torchwood (rarely space based) I believe is going to show a miniseries of 5 episodes over 1 week in the UK.
And from what I can tell, very definitely not space-based.

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote