• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Leslie Nielsen of 'Naked Gun' fame dies at age 84 (AP)

I think I first saw him on television in something, then in the movie "Forbidden Planet". He really was a very good actor, able to do drama or comedy. I heard today that he always told people that he was "made for comedy", and in the end certainly showed that was true.

Yes, he lived a good, long time. But he'll still be missed.

I think I first saw him on television in something, then in the movie "Forbidden Planet". He really was a very good actor, able to do drama or comedy. I heard today that he always told people that he was "made for comedy", and in the end certainly showed that was true.

Yes, he lived a good, long time. But he'll still be missed.
Thank You, most will remember him (or at least discuss his career and impact on them) with Airplane, Police Squad, Naked Gun, etc. Many have no idea of Forbidden Planet, Tammy and the Millionaire, the Opposite of Sex, or many others of his early Classic Movies or TV Shows.

I'm one of those pathetically young people that used to only know the post-Airplane Leslie Nielsen .. but I recently also came to appreciate him as a drama actor. I'd say that it's actually his strength in this field that made him so effective in comedy - his ability to treat the most absurd situations in the most serious fashion imaginable was spectacular.

It wasn't really shocking to hear of his death, considering how old he was .. but it was still sad.

Surely you can't be serious!

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

[in the midst of a fight in a Conference room, Frank wipes off Mikhail Gorbachev's birthmark.
Frank looks at us] Frank: I knew it!
[Frank throws Gorbachev through a wall]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back