• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Christmas card campaign. Cards and captions wanted

Flounder

Regular
As you may have seen in the other threads, people are writing Warner Brothers about casting for TMoS, and to a lesser degree about the Crusade DVD commentary thing.

Now, some write letters, keepb5alive.com, while some want to send a postcard.

Big multimailing serivce: USPS NetPost (made for mass-mailing cards, letters and other printed goods, but also for personal mail)

Simpler postcard service: USPS/AmazingMail: Premuim Postcard

EDIT: Both these services must be paid with a US credit card. So no luck for us Europeans. :(

EDIT: Possibilities that I haven't checked out yet (don't know if they take International orders)
<ul type="square"> [*] What'sInteresting
[*] Hallmark allows you to personalize and send a card online, but you can just enter 160 characters. Professional cards. Bonus: They handwrite it for you. Drawback: I can't get J. Michael Santa on there. :p [/list]

EDIT3: Avery printing look promising. They accepted my Norwegian Visa card. I'm waiting for the PDF preview to be emailed to me now.

Speed is of the essence here.

But how about us that like to get creative?

Post ideas for cards here.

Let's start off with these, and ideas for captions are very welcome. What is he saying? I couldn't quite come up with anything right now, except "Ho, ho, ho!"

Without caption:

With room for caption:

I started out with pictures of cast members and ships. Then I remembered who the recipients were and added some DVD covers and a few subliminal images of five dollar bills :D :p

I'm making a card that says. "Ho, ho, ho! My people are comming." or "Ho, ho, ho! If you make it, they will come."

EDIT: I made due with "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!", and wrote my own message on the card. "My people are comming" could sound a bit threatening, even though I mean we are comming to see the movie.

Re: Christmas card campaign. Cards and captions wa

We could always send letters on behalf of other people. For example, I'm in the UK - some fans from the US could e-mail me their letters, and I stick 'em in the post for them. Obviously, this could work the other way round too.

I wouldn't mind doing that if people don't want the hassle and expense of international mailings.

We could always send letters on behalf of other people.

Do not write for other people. When (not if) they catch you it discredits the entire campaign.

If we relay emails as letters, this should be made absolutely clear in the letter.
Such as: "Hello, my name is x, and I have asked y to print out and mail this email to you."

We could always send letters on behalf of other people.

Do not write for other people. When (not if) they catch you it discredits the entire campaign.

I wasn't saying we write on behalf of other people. All we do is print out a letter that has been e-mailed to us, and then put it in the mail. That's ok, isn't it?

I wasn't saying we write on behalf of other people. All we do is print out a letter that has been e-mailed to us, and then put it in the mail. That's ok, isn't it?
No. Other people will be unable to show that the letters had different authors.

As one person warned just typing the address on the envelope makes the letter suspect.

First, please consider keeping the message brief. In political offices, the letters are usually just piled up in one stack of "support" and one stack of "opposes", so maybe a 5-page letter isn't the way to go, unless you have something unique to tell them.

So I ask you to try the Hallmark service. Pick a nice card and keep your message under 160 characters. Then try sending it (it costs about $ 2.50), and report back here wether it worked, or if we should look for other services.

Now, about printing out emails from other people: As long as the letter makes clear that it's an email, with full name, address and email address of the person who sent it, and with a note that is was printed and mailed by such and such person by request of the writer, I think it's OK.

The person who prints could even include a signed note saying that to the best of his knowledge, the sender is using a real identity.

If you like, say that the printed email will be followed by a letter posted from your country.

The big no-no is misrepresenting the letter as being something it's not, such as fake names etc.

And about faxes: Don't fax them. It wastes their fax paper and thus directly costs them money.
Christmas cards is the way to go.

Back