• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 again (spoilers)

Sinclair

Last night's episode ruled! The whole show I knew Chappelle was going to die, but I loved that tease there towards the end when Chase and company raided that building only to find that router.

I really felt bad for Chappelle, especially when he admitted to Jack that he was going to bolt at CTU, and then when Jack asked him if there was anyone he wanted to talk to, he said he didn't have anyone. But you have to respect him, he knew what was at risk and what had to be done.

You never really know who's going to die in this show do you? Which leaves me to thinking, there's still a chance Michelle will die, but I still don't think she will.

Yea this one definately had me on the edge of my seat. When Chase was storming that building I was so focused on what was going on, its like there was nothing else around me. Then they open that door, and there is a switch and a camera! Brutal.

I also thought the whole Chappelle on the tracks scene was very well acted and directed. I felt bad for Chappelle when he said he had no friends except those at work (which after 2 and a half seasons, we its a slim chance that anyone at division is REALLY friends with him).

I also liked how the numbers didnt make their usual ticking sound at the end of the show, rather you heard that train whistle in the background. Kind of chilling and vacant.

On a side note, for a couple reasons I have made a decision regarding my TV watching. For shows like 24 and Alias, I always loved watching the trailers for "next week's episode" to see if it looked like it was going to be a cool one or not. A few things have happened lately to make me change my stance on that. From now on, I will NOT be watching next week's trailers and try to avoid seeing them on TV.

1) Alias had a plot spoiler in one of their trailers. They had a tagline about "a big secret will be revealed next week" then went on to show Sloane talking to the doctor about how Sydney could be his daughter due to an affair. I was like "THANKS FOR FUCKING SPOILING YOUR BIG SECRET." Of course, in the episode he went on to say it was only a possibility --- one he never tried to verify --- but still, it would have been a hell of a lot better if they didnt say there was a secret to be revealed then they revealed it right away. Pretty gay.

2) 24's trailer for last night's episode last week showed Bauer at the tracks holding a gun to Chapelle saying "God forgive me" so you really had to expect him to die, which was a fucking STUPID THING TO PUT IN A TRAILER. I found myself really hoping that when Chase was storming the building for him to somehow find the bad guy and save Chappelle at the very last second, knowing there are a few weeks to go and hoping there is an additional plot twist. I was hoping that would happen because I really didnt want that trailer to go ahead and spoil things, but it did kinda. The building storming scene was still great, but I was kinda pissed that I saw the last scene of last nights episode in last weeks trailer.

3) I have been watching DS9 episodes. Obviously watching DVDs there are no trailers letting you know which one is next. Special guest stars that are revealed as a surprise right before they cut to the credits are kinda cool. The one where Johnathan Frakes guest starred (first you thought he was starring as Will Riker, but later found he was Tom Riker) was kinda cool. Kira bumps into him and they cut to the opening credits. I was like "Cool Riker is in this one!" A nice little surprise. A surprise that is ruined if you see the trailer and know that Riker will be in that episode a week before it happens. For that matter, the trailer probably let you know it was Tom Riker and spoiled that whole surprise too.

So basically, previews ruin lots of stuff and I'm sick of their stupidity so I am skipping out from now on.

2) 24's trailer for last night's episode last week showed Bauer at the tracks holding a gun to Chapelle saying "God forgive me" so you really had to expect him to die, which was a fucking STUPID THING TO PUT IN A TRAILER. I found myself really hoping that when Chase was storming the building for him to somehow find the bad guy and save Chappelle at the very last second, knowing there are a few weeks to go and hoping there is an additional plot twist. I was hoping that would happen because I really didnt want that trailer to go ahead and spoil things, but it did kinda. The building storming scene was still great, but I was kinda pissed that I saw the last scene of last nights episode in last weeks trailer.

So basically, previews ruin lots of stuff and I'm sick of their stupidity so I am skipping out from now on.

I know what you mean. After seeing the trailer, I knew Chappelle was going to die. I kind of thought for a second there that there might be a last second chance to save him, but there wasn't. That kind of reminded me of a trailer from season one. Remember when Jack shoots Nina? He said pretty much the same thing to her and she lived, courtesy of the flak jacket. I thought for a second there that they might try the same thing with Chappelle, but that would be a little harder considering the dude actually wanted his body.

I'm not a spoiler junky myself, so I don't really care. I can't resist the trailors.

This ep almost had my sister in tears. Between the whole Chappelle thing and suicide capsules, she was a wreck. It was a pretty brutal episode.

I knew they wouldn't catch the bad guy- that's gonna happen at the very end. If they'd catch him that means there would be another bad guy above him, and it's pretty clear that he's already the top guy.

Well there is the small sub-plot going on now that they have to find that guy that escaped the hotel after being infected. Of course that would be a lame last couple of hours considering what going on right now. So they would definitely have to drag out the current plot of finding the guy behind the virus threat.

So they would definitely have to drag out the current plot of finding the guy behind the virus threat.

My only thought about why they could have caught the guy with so much time left is that they'd still have to discover where all his minions are and get to them before they released their viruses.

It really wouldn't surprise me if a couple of those other viruses were released elsewhere, particularly in the final episode. That would set up some things for next season, particularly for Palmer. Will he be reelected after all the information is out? How will the public react to his decision to withhold all the knowledge he had about the virus?

Granted, this is purely speculation, but only time will tell.

I think the only way to end the Palmer story-line fairly is to have him not be re-elected at worst, and resign or impeached at best.

Finding the main villain has to happen at the end. That's like Drama 101.

Latest posts

Members online

Back