• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Matrix Revolutions Kicks Ass! (spoilers)

SwiftBiscuit

Regular
My god I loved watching that :D

I'm surprised no one else has posted yet but I felt having a spoiler-free thread was worth keeping so here goes a second spoiler-filled one.

To quote Recoil in the other thread...
I have a feeling there will be a LOT less complex dialogue as they used it when needed in #2, and Revolutions will be one hell of a fight to the finish to end the story.
I can see how the dialog will disappoint people but with luck the massive battle will keep them happy through the quiet parts. I don’t think any dialog was wasted, it all had a place and served the story well.

Did anyone else find the Neo/Smith fight slightly anticlimactic after the huge fight in Zion? It's difficult to improve on the fighting style that's been polished over two previous films.

I can already hear plenty of people complaining about not having a clear-cut ending served up for them. In a way I'm surprised they ended the film with a "Huh?" note, personally I like that you have to think and argue with your friends (and bbs members) over what really happened. But those types of endings never seem to go down well.

I watched it in Imax last night. The effects when the dock was breached were absolutely awesome. I just wish they would explain what happened. After 3 movies I don't want to be left with - HUH?

It would practically take writing an essay for me to completely explain why and to what extent the movie bored, annoyed, and disappointed me. In brief (since I have to get back to work), I give it a D-.

Well , I watched this movie at the cinema today and I must say I think The Matrix Revolutions rocked!! :D :D

Somewhat different - and though not entirely satisfying it was a sci-fi-action-blast that was just awesome!!! :D

What a sci-fi trilogy! Go Matrix!! :D ;)

This movie rocked! I spent more time with by jaw on the floor then not! :eek:

Did anyone else find the Neo/Smith fight slightly anticlimactic after the huge fight in Zion? It's difficult to improve on the fighting style that's been polished over two previous films.

I disagree completely. I didn't think that anything could be bigger then the battle at Zion, but I was shown otherwise just a few minutes later! The Neo Smith Fight was my favorite of all the matrix fight scenes, because it was so over the top.

Oh jeesus.

What piece of crap.
Boring, poorly written, completely devoid of plot crap.

It had got great SFX. But I have seen dozens of great SFX pictures lately, and frankly, I'm bored of them.

Old Soviet cinema. Now that's great.

Just got back from seeing it, and frankly, Morpheus from the 2nd movie said it best:

What happened, happened, and couldn't have happened any other way.

The ending, for me, was somewhat expected, somewhat not, but in retrospect completely natural and fitting and, frankly, the ONLY way it could've ended.

First off, Neo *had* to die. Period. Smith is his equal and opposite, and he had to go, thus they both had to. The exact method of killing off Smith I didn't even see coming until the very end, at which point I thought it was pretty neato.

Second, maybe the dialog could've been written a tad better, but it served the story well, and in retrospect it all fit together nicely. And it's nice to see the suspicions from #2 played out: the Oracle planned *all* of it from the very beginning, because she a) knew that peace was the *only* way for either side to survive, and b) that the machines wouldn't accept it until they themselves were on the edge of destruction. Not from the humans, but from Smith. Smith was, in essence, the key the entire time. Neo was simply the method by which the key would be turned (or arguably, created and then turned).

OK, gotta go, more later maybe. All I can say is: yes, I've seen better movies, but I think it was a very solid ending to a good trilogy. And we *all* should've learned from B5 by now that a huge, grandiose battle-to-end-all-battles was *not* the way the story was going to end. Almost, but not quite :)

later,
-mcn

Aside from some impressive action sequences, there's nothing to this movie. Reloaded was too pretentious, Revolutions is too shallow. And the dialogue was almost as inane as Attack of the Clones. Probably the only reason it is better is that the actors are better.

They really should have left it with the first movie.

Though, I really liked Seraph. The fight with the guards jumping onto the ceiling was my favourite, wish there'd been more of that.

I saw Revolutions yesterday afternoon, and I thought it DID kick ass. All kinds of ass. Although, it did feel a bit... I don't know.... off at times. Still good, though. I just wish they had thrown a few more hand-to-hand fights in there, even though that might've been a bit excessive. And the battle of Zion almost made me declare Revolutions as the best movie I've seen this year, perhaps even better than Return of the King, which isn't even out yet. Although, by the end, I kinda went back and changed my mind on it.

And even the previews beforehand were all great. Well, perhaps not that one that looked like Fast and the Furious with motorcycles. I can't stand crap like that. Throwing some fast vehicles and some rappers in and stirring for about five minutes doesn't cut it with me. But I am SO looking forward to Troy, The Alamo, and The Last Samurai.

I must agree with a lot of peoples opinions about the movie. It indeed was a great end for the trilogy but it was lacking in a lot of places. I enjoyed it either way but a little more thought could have been put into this one. I think I actually enjoyed the previews more than the movie. Troy looks amazing and The Last Samurai is sure to be a great movie as well.

Thought it was a pretty cool movie, though the only minor point was that there wasn't a feeling of closure for the main characters (well, perhaps for Trinity). My bro reckons it's a film about the Matrix itself, and maybe it's called Revolutions for a reason (the Architect in the last scene scoffs 'How long do you think the peace will last').
First off, Neo *had* to die. Period. Smith is his equal and opposite, and he had to go, thus they both had to. The exact method of killing off Smith I didn't even see coming until the very end, at which point I thought it was pretty neato.
This was pretty much telegraphed when Neo goes to see the Oracle, whne she says that all the Architect does is balance equations, and the fact that Smith is his equal and opposite. I liked the way the Smith becomes more human, and at the same time he spreads like a virus.

Before I start ripping this movie, let me say that I loved The Matrix and Reloaded... in fact, I liked Reloaded more than the first film because I'm a comic-book geek-boy at heart and watching Neo fly around like Superman pushed all the right buttons for me. With that said, I hated Revolutions.

To begin with, I know that they HAD to kill Neo and, for that matter, Trinity (You can't very well have Trinity kicking around once Neo is gone). My problem with this movie isn't that they killed two of the main three characters, my problem is that I'm not a five-year-old boy... they didn't have to hit me over the head with the whole Christ thing... Hell, if I wanted to see the Crucifiction, I'd turn to the crappy religious channels on cable. Geez, the producers should probably pay royalties to the Pope since they obviously ripped off the New Testament. Yeah, I know the Matrix had a lot of religious elements too, but it wasn't quite this blatant. It's just a sad end to a promising story in my book.

I thought a lot of things about this movie, but "Christ-figure" wasn't one of them. You can't have a Christ-figure that goes around killing things. Savior? Yes, ok. "The One?" Yes, ok, but Christ? Never crossed my mind. (And I'm pretty much one of those wierdo devout Christian types, too.)

I, for one, wondered if this movie was a comedy. I'm so sorry I wasted my $6 for the matinee today, and as I remarked to my boyfriend as we walked out of the theater, "I liked the sequels that I had in my brain after the first movie better."

My major problem was that I didn't care. And the people behind the movie did nothing to make you care. In the first movie, I cared about Neo, and Trinity, and Morpheous, etc., but these last two... well, let's just say, you see the head of a mannequin blow off in the corner and it doesn't do much for you, right?

I forget who it was that gave the human characters the name "mannequins," but they were right.

But the special effects were kewl. I wanted a better fight between Neo and Smith, though...

Hmm.. After all this, I never thought of Christ himself... C'mon, maybe youre looking too much for those religional marks or something. It was a decent ending to it all.

Neo emitting a glowing golden cross as the Deus Ex Machina sent the deletion code through him, sacrificing him in the crucifixion position and absolving the world of Smiths, and then his body being carried off by an angelic/lotus machine is found by just looking at the last scenes. :p I'm not even touching the blatant symbolism in the rest of the movie (ie., their visit to "Hell" to recover Neo from "Mobil" (Limbo)).

This movie was such a disapointment. Sure the special FX was great, but the story itself sucked. The lines were often out of place and corny. The movie ended and I was like, HUH!? That's it!? And like Channe, I felt absolutely nothing with the death of Trinity and Neo. Actually, I couldn't wait for her to die and stop talking already. :rolleyes: I also didn't see the whole Christ symbolism neither. The 1st Matrix was by far the best of the 3 movies.

SPOILERS HERE, SO WATCH OUT!

I don't get it. Why is everyone so convinced NEO is dead?

O.k. with that out of the way on to the criticism. Where did this Trilogy go? Basically, at the end of the day the story is exactly where it started except a lot of people have died and Zion has been trashed. Why? I admit that visually this movie was awesome, but it seemed to me that at the last minute they wanted to leave it open for another sequel.

The point of the Trilogy was that in the end the Humans would win and the story would have closure. Instead of a closed story I'm left with a bunch of fighting and struggle for change that ended where it began. The Humans were supposed to win. They even had the device. The crashed ship was in the center of Machine Headquaters with the EMP ready to fire, but no instead I am supposed to believe that the machines make a deal with NEO and because of what, their honor, they are going to stick to it. No way! That just doesn't work. Plus, what kind of deal is it? We won't attack Zion, what is that? People are still imprisoned in the Matrix. This "Peace" thing just doesn't even make sense. The Architect isn't shutting down the Matrix and letting everyone out of it which is the goal of the humans not just keeping Zion safe. This peace is just going back to how things were before NEO and Smith.

"REVOLUTIONS" means things are supposed to change. That means the Matrix is destroyed or the rebel humans are defeated. The Matrix going on is what has happened with previous the "saviors". Neo and Smith were supposed to make it different not make it so it goes back exactly the way it was when the story started. This "Peace" thing just doesn't even make sense. The Architect isn't shutting down the Matrix and letting everyone out of it which is the goal of the humans not just keeping Zion safe.

I guess what I am trying to say is what changed? What is this "PEACE"? I say it is a pathetic try for another sequel and if not then the only closure this story has is that a bunch of people died. :p

Back