• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

T3 Rise of the Machines (Spoilers)

Demonn

Regular
There are going to be some massive spoilers in this thread so don't look if you don't want to be spoiled. ;)

I know I'm going to give away the ending... so, don't look if you don't want to know!!!

Anyway... just went to see the movie today, and I thought it kicked a$$! I think it started out a little slow but when they got around to the action parts I didn't care. :p

I thought it was cool that the female terminator was sent back to kill John Connors Lieutenants and not him... it didn't take her long to find him though. :rolleyes:

After the military turns control over to skynet the machines that we built start to kill people, and Johnny boy and what's her face try and save her dad... who just happens to be in command of skynet. He gets shot and before he dies he tells them to go to some place... they think that it's a facility that has some control over the missile launches but wouldn't you know it..... it's a fall out shelter. Saw that one coming when daddy died. :LOL:

So they get there, Arnold kills Mrs. Termi, and then when the missiles are launched they're safe underground. NOW it's time to get to the real fighting. That's what I loved about all the other terminator movies, the future battle scenes, fighting amongst the rubble of buildings and people... it's always made me want more. There better be a T4 because I want to watch Johnny boy rise up and kill some robots. Maybe Sgt. Reese could be in it too! :D

I really want a T4 and maybe even a T5... there would be no more need to send terminators back into the past..... they could just fight against the ones that are around at the time. Arnold could take a break away from T4 and then they could bring him back for T5.

I WANT MORE TERMINATOR MOVIES!!! :devil:

It was a fun action flick. It certainly doesn't have the same awe and resonance of the first two because bigger and better things visually have come since. But it's kinda neat to see Arnold with a half-metal face and shades again threatening people in that Austrian accent (which, by the way, seems to have gotten worse :confused:). Also, I'm pretty sure they futzed with his look digitally to make look younger and more Terminator-y.

The female Terminator chick is the perfect woman- gorgeous, can make her boobs any size needed, would give her life to obey orders, and rarely speaks.

Claire Daines was less annoying than I thought she would be. The John Connor character had nothing in common with the one in the last movie in terms of personality, which was a shame. But this isn't really about that crap anyway, right?

The best way for me to describe it is that they took all the elements of the last film and either exaggerated it or parodied it. Car chase?- check, except now there is a crane truck and a fire truck, demolishing practically an entire city in the process. Terminator vs Terminator hand-to-hand combat?- check, but now with sinks and urinals as weapons. Arnold stealing clothes from a guy in a bar?- check, but it was "Ladies' Night" in this bar and the guy was a stripper.

The ending was not a cop-out, which was nice. As Ivanova would say- "Boom. Boom boom."

It's also set up for many sequels.

It was less-dumb than I expected.

they think that it's a facility that has some control over the missile launches but wouldn't you know it
Actually I think that is where they thought that Skynet was there, could be wrong but I think that's how I remember it.

I agree with GKE, they took the same ideas from T2 and expanded and changed them. Overall I think T2 was the better but T3 is not bad.

And its left open to make more films, just hope they don't want another decade+ before doing so.

Could have been... I don't remember exactly what it was supposed to be because I knew what it was going to be. ;)

I liked T2, but I loved T3 even more... and I really thought the small changes were kinda comical. I liked the "talk to the hand" parts. :LOL:

I just watched T3 today and was prepared for the worst (no James Cameron attached) but I was pleasantly surprised. There was more humor than the previous two films. The special effects are great at showing how much a Terminator can withstand and what they are capable of doing. As for sequels, the executive producer was reported to say:
He tells Empire magazine, "If this one's successful, then of course we'll think about Number 4. And then maybe Number 5 and Number 6. We have some ideas already, but you're not going to get them out of me today."
As for more Terminator movies Arnie has said:
"I think that it's important to know that I love this character and that I will continue coming back and coming back as long as the fans enjoy seeing me back. I totally operate by what the fans want, not what I want. The fans have to believe if they walk out of 'Terminator 3' and they say, 'This was fantastic. Arnold looked great. I loved the Terminator we want more. This was great, let's see the next one.' Then we got to go and talk about doing the next one. So I'm all ready for it."

Is the movie actually decent? I don't want to see it and I haven't seen the first 2 but I was invited to see it with friends and now my parents are forcing me to go see it. Erg.

Aeryn, see the first two or you will be totally lost. :)

I still love T2 the most, but T3 was very well done. Much better than I'd anticipated. The car chase scene did put the semi-motorbike chase from T2 to shame, though :)

Definately see the first 2 or some of the humor may be lost just a little, and of course the back story (as slim as it is :p).
Earlier we were speaking of more Terminator movies and I just read that Nick Stahl aka John Connor is actually signed on for 2 more Terminator movies. No word on when they will be scheduled to start filming.
I hope they have a good story in mind, I really enjoyed the first 2 in the series and consider both of them in my list of top 20 movies.

I really liked the movie. I had been prepared for a bad movie and all, but I was pleased. Good stunts, good special effects, arnold didn't look like he was 106, and I give the movie an 8.5 :)

Back before production, they used to mention Terminator 3 and 4 in the same breath, aka Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions.

I guess they couldn't get the financing together and only put one film into production, assuming the "wait and see" stance.

Edward Furlong was originally signed to do the film, but sadly the man is having some serious substance-abuse troubles. It's a shame. I didn't like his whiny voice in T2, but his post-pubescent appearance in the excellent T3D show/ride at Universal was quite good. That movie rocks! At his age now, I think he would've done well.

They also wanted Sarah Connor back, but Linda Hamilton, believe it or not, actually said she wouldn't do it without James Cameron (who dumped her for another woman).

For several years, Ah-nold said he would never do a Terminator film without James Cameron either, but a recent string of flops changed his mind.

It's funny how many of us, including myself, seem to be praising the film because we expected a bad one. I think we just stumbled upon the ultimate movie-making formula: release trailers and leak buzz indicating the movie will be much worse than it actually is.

So the strategy of exceeding low expectations has come to film? :D I might have thought that that was the strategy used for Waterworld and Heaven's Gate, since I liked both, but I guess few would agree with me, as it didn't seem to work for them.

It is strange that a movie can be determined "good" because it didn't suck as badly as we had originally thought it would. IMOH I think waiting 12 years for this movie helped build some of my anticipation for the film.

For several years, Ah-nold said he would never do a Terminator film without James Cameron either, but a recent string of flops changed his mind.
Maybe that explains his movie choices for the future. They are either sequels or remakes of good movies. He's doing a remake of Westworld, and is interested in another Conan film along with Total Recall 2 and True Lies 2. I guess you just stick with movies that did well the first time around.

I guess I'm the only dissenter. The plot was just not there. The only explanation given for why there are terminators anymore after the end of the T2 was, 'Yeah, that didn't work', Arnold's struggle with himself was awful, and terminator fights did not follow the rules set down in the previous films. You would think the female terminator would learn to finish the fight off with Arnold after a few times. You can only have so many rescue in the nick of time scenes before they lose affect and believability.

I also thought there were too many jokes. After awhile it takes away from the sense that just under the surface these things are dangerous.

I would say that I did like that they had the guts to knock off future JC and blow the world up even if the reason why there was no skynet to destroy kind of screws up the old movies.

I would say that I did like that they had the guts to knock off future JC and blow the world up even if the reason why there was no skynet to destroy kind of screws up the old movies.

Not exactly, the point the movie makes, one that was also featured in "The Time Machine" when the hero's fiance died, is that some events are just destined to happen - you can change things and prevent destiny for awhile, but eventually history corrects itself.

The timing and specifics of Judgement Day were changed, but they occurred anyhow. And just as surely as Judgement Day came, the fall of Skynet is also predetermined no matter how many Terminators it sends back in time. It also means that John Conner will likely be smart enough to avoid being killed by the T101 next time around, but could just as easily die slipping in the shower (if he can find one :LOL:).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back