• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

FINAL Cover Art for Season 5 set released!

Which will come out first, the movies or Crusade?

My guess is that the movie set will come out first, or at the same time, since all of the movies take place before Crusade in the series chronology. Also I think that A Call to Arms will be released with the movie set, and it should at least be available when Crusade comes out since it establishes some of the backstory for the series.

Regards,

Joe

Since we're talking about it, my decision to buy Crusade on DVD depends on the extent of the special features: how many commentaries JMS gives and if the unfilmed scripts are included. It would be nice to include them so he could show fans where the show was heading.

I'd buy it even if it was a bare bones release, just to get rid of the Sci-Fi (Taken, Crossing Over with John Edward, Scare Tactics, Dream Team, horrible Grade-Z movies, etc.) popup ads. and scrunched credits with staticy voiceovers. :rolleyes:

With the movies boxset I'm assuming that it'll include The Gathering, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, River of Souls and Call to Arms? Has this been confirmed anywhere or do any other people have ideas? Also what are the chances of To Live and Die in Starlight being included?

I'd buy it even if it was a bare bones release, just to get rid of the Sci-Fi (Taken, Crossing Over with John Edward, Scare Tactics, Dream Team, horrible Grade-Z movies, etc.) popup ads. and scrunched credits with staticy voiceovers. :rolleyes:

Your set of VCDs doesn't have that problem, does it?

According to what JMS has said:

The Gathering and In the Beginning will be in the movie set and contain JMS commentary tracks. No word on any other extras with the set or if the two films will also be remastered and/or get 5.1 sound remixes. Thirdspace, and River of Souls will most definitely be part of the set, again, now word on features or extras. I strongly suspect that A Call to Arms will be part of the movie set, but when asked if it would be part of the movie set or the Crusade set JMS (who, to be fair, was also answering a couple of other questions) said, "It will be part of the set" - which settled nothing. He hasn't clarified matters since, despite being asked, presumably because he's been too busy lately. (Or because I ticked him off when I compared a picture of him wearing a hat that appeared on Amazon.com to a similar photo of Truman Capote. :))

The Rangers pilot will also be released, but not as part of the movie boxed set because it isn't a part of the original series in the same way the other films are (including ACtA in which the main character is really Sheridan.)

Regards,

Joe

With the movies boxset I'm assuming that it'll include The Gathering, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, River of Souls and Call to Arms? Has this been confirmed anywhere or do any other people have ideas? Also what are the chances of To Live and Die in Starlight being included?

JMS said that B5LR (Live and Die in Starlight) will be released by itself. A Call to Arms will be a member of the film set.

Your set of VCDs doesn't have that problem, does it?

No, they didn't, but they also didn't have the smooth CGI ship motion of DVDs, and had some jaggies in the CGI. I sold that set.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back