• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Dark Knight (Spoilers)

Memento is a decent movie, but at the end of the day it is a mes of innovative ideas that never gel together into one cohesive story.

It is a film that found a way to make you experience the film as the protagonist experiences life. That is a very rare thing indeed. It is complex enough, and because of its unusual method of presentation, that things only begin to gel at the very end, so it generally requires more than one viewing to come together completely.

It is a film that found a way to make you experience the film as the protagonist experiences life. That is a very rare thing indeed. It is complex enough, and because of its unusual method of presentation, that things only begin to gel at the very end, so it generally requires more than one viewing to come together completely.

I've seen it quite a few times, and I've always understood it, but it never came together to create a good film for me. It was innovative and complex, and breathtaking in some areas, but I needed all of the those facets to come together and they never did. At least, not for me.

I am surprised it has not come up on this forum but when the Joker started talking about spreading chaos, I started thinking about the Shadows. Granted, the Shadows were trying to encourage evolution and development but on a B5 message board, somebody needs to point it out even if the order/chaos theme is far from new.

While on that note, I leave you with my amusing thought of the day: Morden showing Byron(or whoever your least favorite character might be) a magic trick. :D

i can't believe I'm about to say this, but "i agree with cell" Memento was innovative, but fairly poor, up till now my favorite Nolan film was Insomnia.

there is a huge furore in the right wing papers in this country because the BBFC classified the film as a 12A so children could see it if accompanied by an adult, but the BBFC did recommend that it was a borderline 12A/15 and that children shouldn't see it. the biggest gripe is that these Christian fascists believe the film should be banned because of the recent explosion in violent knife crime in this country, and they continue to quote the jokers reasons for preferring knives. bunch of wankers.

I was personally suprised by the 12A rating, given the violence in some scenes. A bit more blood and it could have made a 15. The criteria used to judge are odd.

But then the A implies adult / parent supervision and choice. So basically, its down to parents to decide rather than have some government body doing your parenting for you.

Linking it to any current crime trend with knives (which is itself partly a media concoction designed to scare and sell papers) is uselessly stupid. I really hate the Mail.

The biggest gripe is that these Christian fascists believe the film should be banned because of the recent explosion in violent knife crime in this country, and they continue to quote the jokers reasons for preferring knives. bunch of wankers.

Before you tie that fascism to Christianity, I'd like to point out that some of the more hardline right wing conservative evangelicals I know who have seen it.. have actually said the film is awesome... and I'm not talking just young people, I'm talking the older generation... people in their 50's.

I've also just been away at a Christian camp for a week and nobody who has seen the film or is debating whether or not to do so... has even once made that link.

Agreed ... I would just prefer that people who are prepared to be that stupid didn't carry knives.

And chalk me up as another Christian who thought it was an awesome film. "Fascism" as you call it can take hold in many walks of life and certainly is not restricted to those hardline Christians, many of whom would probably feel that way even if they didn't believe.

i cant help but to comment on THE DARK KNIGHT, a lot of praises have been given to the movie..we all loved it..i guess it has really left something to our hearts because heath gave the performance of his life, it was an excellent finale act!:thumbsup:

Confirmed by my sources: Johnny Depp to play the Riddler in the next one (and Phillip Seymour Hoffman to play Penguin.)

Things must have changed recently because MTV interviewed Philip Seymour Hoffman and he said he was not interested in the role.
“No one has talked to me about it ever — never,” replied Hoffman. “It happened, like, five years ago, too. It was a rumor back then and it’s still a rumor. [laughs] It’s just in the press. It’s funny.”

Personally I would just rather see the Riddler. I never cared much for the Penguin.

Hmmm! I read that today, too. I guess it was Michael Caine who gave that to the press. Interesting. I hope the Johnny Depp rumor is true, though. He would be badass as the Riddler.

Hmmm! I read that today, too. I guess it was Michael Caine who gave that to the press. Interesting. I hope the Johnny Depp rumor is true, though. He would be badass as the Riddler.

i've heard both rumours, and i have heard that aren't true, personally i hope the latter is correct, depp would be awful, first up he's far too big a star, and also i haven't really dug anything he's done since 21 jump street.

Back