• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Greatest Moment

That would be the have to be both delaan and sheridans good bye in sil and the scence were delean gets up every mornig and watchs the sun rise. It gets to me just thinking about it. If I can find love that pure and true in my life then nothing else would matter.

------------------
Scott Gifford

Please pardon the spelling errors, grammer errors and various sarcastic overtures

The last 5 minutes of Z'hz'dum.
BEAT THAT!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
The last 5 minutes of Sleeping in Light.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damm you!

'Shakes fist'

------------------

There are a lot of great B5 moments but my favorite is when Susan and Marcus are looking for First ones, and the Firsts one wont listen so marcus says he will act like a Vorlon and put a bucket on his head and pretend to be the god B'uji. I think thats how you spell it :). A great B5 moment

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaptDS9E:
/---/ and pretend to be the god B'uji. I think thats how you spell it :). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Booji. At least this seems to be the generally accepted spelling.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidB:
The last 5 minutes of Z'hz'dum.
BEAT THAT!

Damm you!

'Shakes fist'

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

>Marty Feldman as Igor< Too late.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 13, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Booji. At least this seems to be the generally accepted spelling.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only that, but Booji also has his/her? own website.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Wow, most of my favorites have already been mentioned (delenn to the rescue, Ivanova=handofGod speach), but here's two more:

- The scene in Endgame (or was it Rising Star?) with Ivanova curled up on the floor of Medlab, crying her heart out to Franklin. That was such an incredibly intense and heart-breaking scene . . . *sniff*

- In Point of No Return, when Zack is ambushed by Sheridan and the rest, and then the tricking of Nightwatch. I love Zack turning and throwing himself through the door, don't know why.

Oh, one more: When G'kar and Lyta are leaving the station (objects at rest?). She pauses as G'kar walks down the ramp, almost expectantly. Then, when she walks down to catch up with G'kar, Zack comes out from behind some boxes (or something, it's been a while) to watch her go. I almost cried -- he didn't say goodbye, or anything! But he was there, and she knew it . . . I felt so bad for him.

------------------

Best moments per season

"Signs and Portents", Season 1:
The transport tube with G'Kar and Londo.
Londo's speech to Morden. (I know it by heart.)

"In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum", Season 2:
Sheridan's story about Coventry is great, especially since it was the 1st time I'd heard the story.

"Z'Ha'Dum", Season 3:
Just watch the episode. All 47 or so minutes is classic.

"The Summoning", Season 4:
Sheridan's speech I also know by heart. It's just wonderful.

"Sleeping in the Light", Season 5:
Again, just watch the episode.

------------------
"I've stood here before in the pouring rain
With the world turning circles 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain." -Sting "King of Pain"

my favorite episode is from season 5, its the one where byron agrees to leave the station, but has a little run in w/ a explosive material on the way,
laugh.gif

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

One all time great moment that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Joe Straczynski turning out the lights just before blowing up the station.

He promised way back in the beginning, that if he got 5 years, that would be IT.
No dragging around the corpse of a story that was Over, just to make a few bucks for the studio.
The shows that succumb to temptation and don't know enough to quit while they are still GOOD are an embarassment.

There's even a website devoted to them called "Jump the Shark".

It's named after an episode of "Happy Days" when the character Fonzie actually "jumped the shark." http://www.jumptheshark.com/

Many people define that episode as the one that Proved the show was Dead and should be given a proper funeral.

------------------

just to digress a little here. As much as it's cool that they're not going to flog the Babylon series to death. It's really heart breaking to know that B5 is truly finite. Yes there are the spin off serials, Crusade was excellent and I haven't had the pleaseure of seeing TLOTR yet but I'm certain it will be well worth the wait but none of them are B5.
"sob" "sob"
Well as much as I hate cliches "all things come to an end"

Superbob out until the new year!

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

JMS is taking Gypsy Rose Lee's advice:

Always leave 'em wanting MORE!
wink.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

Here are my favorite moments:

1. <LI> Vir talking to Morden about the one thing he wants (head on pike)

Londo's Gift to Vir on Centauri Prime (Morden's head on pike)

And in both cases Vir's smile and wave
    wink.gif

<LI>Marcus fighting Neroon ("Give up! I was taught the pike by _____ himself!"
    "Really? SO was I!")
    cool.gif

My absolute favorite moments are these
    <LI> Marcus hooked up to the alien device giving his life energy to Ivanova. (when the life is fading from him and he manages to say "I love you")
    frown.gif

<LI>Ivanova and Franklin scene in medlab afterwords ("And I thought, 'is this god?' I mean he really does have an english accent like in all those old movies." and "All love is unrequited, Stephen, All of it.")
    frown.gif
It was just so poignant a moment that it sticks in my mind.

------------------

[This message has been edited by VagabondRanger (edited December 16, 2001).]

I would say when Londo is observing the bombing of Narn. The look on his face is amazing and priceless.

Also, sorry, the death of Byron...I was so glad to end that subplot that almost brought Season 5 to a halt for me.

my moment:

G'Kar -- "Dead. Dead. dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead . . . how do you apologize to them."

Vir -- "I can't"

G'Kar -- "Than I cannot forgive"

BTW, thanks garak0410 for resurrecting this awesome thread.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back