• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars Trailer, link here!

I don't like Jar Jar. I think Lucas got the message... in Episode II we barely saw him, even though he got the honor of fucking up the Republic (i didn't like that, that should have gone to another character who is respectable in the senate). I don't think he will be more than Padme's pet following her around in Episode III.

But as a whole movie, Phantom menace was boring.

I ain't knockin' you taste, but IMHO thought SW:TPM would have almost been on par with the classic Star Wars movies, IF (1) Jar Jar had not been so forced on us. I didn't even so much mind his role, Lucas just pushed him too far at every level. (2) The Pod Race needed to be at least 1/3 shorter, and in the DVD they made it longer *sigh* :rolleyes:. (3) Ol' Jake's acting was only so so. Now, in all fairness though, I've heard it stated by Producers/Directors that "finding a child actor that doesn't sound like a child actor is very hard."

If not these three "problems", SW:TPM I think would stand the test of time.

Altough these new movies don't deserve all that bashing that they've got, they do deserve some of it. And I do really hope that Episode 3 will be a kick-ass movie.

I agree 100% I tell ya' though, of all the bashing done to the new Star Wars, EP2 should get the bulk of it, IMHO.

I'm still hopeful along with Fas. And too right about the Force.net, its a sad shadow of its former self. Millenniumfalcon.com is where the real spoilers can be found....

Back