• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Londo's 3/5 chances

Re: Londo\'s 3/5 chances

A side point here is the fact that the Drakh only came to Centauri Prime because Lyta triggered the self distruct device that blew Z'Ha"Dum to pieces so saving Morden would not have prevented this.But as for Londo's greatest fear perhaps his greatest fear was the fact of surrendering to death and to the unknown and the thought of just knowing that one day you are going to be choked to death.

I'm with Kosh with identifying the last chance as surrending to the Keeper. When Londo first mentions his dream of his death at G'kar's hands, he's practically joyful of it, and mentions that all Centuari have a dream of their own deaths. I seriously don't believe that's what he's afraid of. It's his ultimate fate and the strange ships that he's afraid of (which he explains to Emdawi when he describes his dream in "Matters of Honor"). And I also don't agree that his ultimate fear is the one he thinks it is at the time.

I also agree that the third chance could only come if Londo failed at the other two, which is why I'm of the minority that believes Refa is the "one who is already dead." Remember that the prophecy says Londo must "not kill" that one; it doesn't say "save." At the time Londo was driven to kill Refa, he had locked Mr. Morton--and thus the Shadows--out of the Centauri government's decisions. Adira's death drove him and his people headlong back to the Shadows, and he didn't care if the "galaxy burned" as a result. *That* was a choice that turned him away from redemption.

I'm curious to know how accurate Londo's interpretations of the three opportunities during the Legions of Fire trilogy are.

Spoiler Warning if you haven't read Legions of Fire.

s

p

a

c

e

Londo certainly thinks pretty surely that the final option for redemption he has is to let G'Kar kill him in Out of Darkness.

Having just finished (finally!) reading the Centuari trilogy yesterday, Londo's interpretations are near the forefront of my mind.

It is now safe to read again.

It is certainly curious to think about Londo's interpretations, especially since Legions of Fire is considered canon.

Back