• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Obligatory "News posts only" policy thread

Flounder

Regular
Obligatory \"News posts only\" policy thread

I don't expect replies, but it would be silly if policy suggestion didn't follow its own policy. :p

Re: Obligatory \"News posts only\" policy thread

People have a tendency to launch right into speculation in a thread -- that's why it's called a "thread." I just think we'll keep reminding people to take it to a speculation thread, and I don't have a problem with that.

Any more policy would be confusing people and a shiznit to moderate -- and, besides, it's pretty easy as-is.

But you have the right idea.

Yeah, it's not as if if we're the Spanish Inquisition. I can certainly live with a bit of discussion in that thread. After all, the first few pages of the "News only" thread is a lot of teasing. :p

I actually think many of the replies come because people click straight in to the thread and not knowing it's the "News only" thread. Adding "Newsonly" and adding a discussion link will clue people in.

Yeah, it's not as if if we're the Spanish Inquisition.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISTION!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Somebody beat you to nuts? That was a pretty hard beating. ;)

Until the forum mod removes them. Any in particular that you are referring to?

News only should stay on top. But the "Call to Arms" thread should be made un-sticky.

Since the movie is now officially dead I thought the B5 world stickies may have outlived their usefullness. I know Joe is the mod for that forum but before mentioning it I wanted to know if there was a set policy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back