• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Primeval

Galahad

Regular
I'm loving the show, that has now finished it's second series.

You'll be getting it in the US come August.

They ended the last series on a really big twist (that depressed me) and they have as yet not resolved that plotline (in my head I can't see how they can resolve it favourably, in my heart... I hope they do anyway).

They ended this series on a completely different but equally gripping twist.

Apparently most of the plots are going to resolve by the end of next series... and they will decide on future series based on the popularity from season to season.

Keep missing it, but when I catch it, it always entertains. Season 1 was better as Hannah from S Club 7 was always in her underwear, but season 2 has great monsters. Good Saturday evening brain fluff that keeps me happy till Dr Who returns.

And i'm loving Torchwood season 2.

The future bat predator is one of the most stunningly realized fictional evolutionary concepts I've seen on TV.

Is that back ? That thing rocked. The show benefits from having some fairly hefty scientific nouse behind the wirting and effects.

Is that back ? That thing rocked. The show benefits from having some fairly hefty scientific nouse behind the wirting and effects.

You just missed the entire series... where were you?

If you are lucky you should catch the final episode repeated Saturday lunch time.

It's confirmed for a third season though and the DVD is out nowi think.

Quite the awesome series 1 finale, I really didn't see any of the twists coming and they really worked. This was a show that I merely liked at first, but it really grew on me week by week into a show that I considered well worth making sure to check out, and I'm really looking forward to the beginning of series 2 next week.

Just a note to any transatlantic types who still watch the series...

ITV axed it earlier this week.... purely as a cost saving exercise. The writers/producers vow to try and let it continue in some form in the future.

It needs to be wrapped because there's a huge cliffhanger involving three of the characters.

I don't mind if they finish it up as long as they resolve the plot strands.

I still wish they hadn't lost my two favourite characters.

I have to say the future of television looks a little bleak... especially for our most beloved genre. Expect oodles of reality tv and makeover shows... and cheap tosh like Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle.

Just a note to any transatlantic types who still watch the series...

ITV axed it earlier this week.... purely as a cost saving exercise. The writers/producers vow to try and let it continue in some form in the future.

It needs to be wrapped because there's a huge cliffhanger involving three of the characters.

I don't mind if they finish it up as long as they resolve the plot strands.

I still wish they hadn't lost my two favourite characters.

I have to say the future of television looks a little bleak... especially for our most beloved genre. Expect oodles of reality tv and makeover shows... and cheap tosh like Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle.

Bummer, S3 just started on BBCA a few weeks back. So, S3 is it, and ends in a cliff hanger?

Bummer, S3 just started on BBCA a few weeks back. So, S3 is it, and ends in a cliff hanger?

Yes S3 is the last.

A few main plots are resolved but there is a cliffhanger, yes.

If you have just started... prepare yourself for some unexpected plot turns.

Just checked, I'm 5 eps in, just watched the mushroom episode. So, without spoiling anything, I take it there's a rather large hole in the resolution, since the Producers are already making promises trying to provide the ending somehow?

Well, that sucks. I semi-started watching this last summer and caught vague bits of two S1 episodes, and then promised I'd stick with it. I failed at that, but since Sci-Fi started airing it, I've been on board from the beginning, not to mention catching S3 on BBC America.

Also, I'm amused/amazed at the show's ability to seemingly pack so much into so little space, and make it seem like we might as well have been watching for several extra years that don't exist. Especially in terms of how many changes that have affected the cast. It's a good feeling, mind you.

Here's hoping some magical TV savior swoops down and keeps the ride going, or at least helps to get things wrapped up all nice and neat like.

I gotta agree with Galahad here. Even though I rarely watched this show, I did enjoy iy and this is a worrying decision. The ratings were sound, and it had strong DVD/ merchandising presence here in the UK. But ITV probably felt that its money was better spent on new reality TV shows trailing celevrity breakups.

I suspect their filrtation with genre shows and family entertainment beyond Pop Idol is over. How sad.

At least we still have Dr Who and Ashes to Ashes on the Beeb. The latter had a fantastic series ending.

At least we still have Dr Who and Ashes to Ashes on the Beeb. The latter had a fantastic series ending.

Didn't Phil Glenister say that he wanted to bow out after this series... that would really leave it up in the air!

As for Doctor Who...I am worried. If the BBC want to pull a Primeval on us, next year will be the perfect time. All they need to do is sow a few seeds of discord to get some negative reviews and they can use the credit crunch and the perceived but concocted lie that the show is becoming unpopular... to pull the plug.

This is not a reflection on Matt Smith or Stephen Moffatt... but more on my suspicions as to what the suits might try.

My nephew got me into this programe and I think it is pretty decent.Gutted that it has been cancelled.Hopefully we will get some sort of resolution to the plot lines still open even if everybody just gets eaten.

I do agree on Dr Who, if this new Twighlight-style revamp dies, they could easily axe it, although the beeb are a bit less cash-starved than ITV. The last recession did for Who last time around ...

I suspect that was The Wall coming down. The British people were no longer frightened.

Currently Doctor Who contains lots of expensive CGI, A-list guest actors and overseas visits. Plenty of room for saving money there.

I suspect that was The Wall coming down. The British people were no longer frightened.

Currently Doctor Who contains lots of expensive CGI, A-list guest actors and overseas visits. Plenty of room for saving money there.

And let's not forget that Matt Smith has a much smaller salary than Dr 9 and 10

Yes, that's got to be worth at least the CGI budget of one or two episodes.

As for Primeval, I hope they do find a way around it. Christmas specials or DVD movies would be one option, the show still has legs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back