• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The new Dr Who - Season 1

TOTAL SPOILERAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Jack comes later (possibly end of season 3), the Daleks are in the mid season 2 parter this time, in 1930's US (I heard Chicago, but could be wrong). Some of them even have a new Art-Deco look. Have a nosey around the Outpost Galifrey forums for more details.

Spoiler Space

sorry

didn't

think

when

I

first

posted

John Barrowman has been quoted as saying (although I can't find the link immediately to hand) that Captain Jack is in three of the last four episodes of Season 3.

Last edited:
I saw Sarah Jane,not bad for a kids programme,can't wait till K9 gets back;)

As for the Daleks season 2 two parter,definately not in America.Is this supposed to be a season 3 story?

I saw Sarah Jane,not bad for a kids programme,can't wait till K9 gets back;)

As for the Daleks season 2 two parter,definately not in America.Is this supposed to be a season 3 story?

Thats what we were saying... me and darth are both UK based so we're up to scratch with all current transmissions.

John Barrowman has been quoted as saying (although I can't find the link immediately to hand) that Captain Jack is in three of the last four episodes of Season 3.

SPOILERITIS INFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Questionj.

Has Jack's encounter with Abadon the pug ugly destroyer somehow drained sufficient amounts of residual TARDIS energy to diminish or eliminate his indestructibility?

I finally gave up on waiting for CBC, and had a Doctor Who/Torchwood extravaganza the past few days, watching from "The Satan Pit" up to "The Runaway Bride" and the last four episodes of Torchwood. All I got to say is: How long until S3 of DW and S2 of Torchwood? 'cause I can't wait.

S3 should hit the UK around April / May. I'm fired up too. Along with the Xmas special and Sarah Jane, it was all rather good. That said, I hope the BBC do not milk Dr Who too much. Three shows are quite enough for me thanks.

No idea what effect loosing all that energy had on Jack, although that whole sequence was cool. There was a brief look of glee on Abadon's face as he trod on a block of council flats also had me laughing. The effects were really rather good though. I imagine that as the energy in Jack came from the Heart of the Tardis / Eye of Harmony(?) via the powered up Rose, loosing all that energy could well have drawn the Tardis back to him. I'm sure Jack and the Dr's reunion will not be an easy one though...

It will probably be resolved in Dr Who rather than S2 of Torchwood as that will come first. In fact, as Jack appears at the end of Dr Who, I would expect Torchwood to follow on from that...

Just caught up with Torchwood.

I was wondering about the immortal thing as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I wonder if in Doctor Who, we'll find out exactly how long Jack has been on Earth. We never did find out how he got back in time, and when.

Did anyone else spot the Londo quote at the end?

S3 should hit the UK around April / May. I'm fired up too. Along with the Xmas special and Sarah Jane, it was all rather good. That said, I hope the BBC do not milk Dr Who too much. Three shows are quite enough for me thanks.

No idea what effect loosing all that energy had on Jack, although that whole sequence was cool. There was a brief look of glee on Abadon's face as he trod on a block of council flats also had me laughing. The effects were really rather good though. I imagine that as the energy in Jack came from the Heart of the Tardis / Eye of Harmony(?) via the powered up Rose, loosing all that energy could well have drawn the Tardis back to him. I'm sure Jack and the Dr's reunion will not be an easy one though...

It will probably be resolved in Dr Who rather than S2 of Torchwood as that will come first. In fact, as Jack appears at the end of Dr Who, I would expect Torchwood to follow on from that...

That's quite a clever move by RTD... keeps the Doctor Who fanbase loyal to Torchwood (by helping retain Torchwood in the public's memory, whereas if Doctor Who continued without much mention of it... it could be easier to forget it).

I missed the Londo quote, please remind me.

I missed the Londo quote, please remind me.

Ianto asks Jack, "What did you see?"

Jack answers, "Nothing.....I saw nothing."

Which is what Londo said at the end of season 2. The wording is the same, and as Jack and Ianto had been talking about the people everyone had seen, I would have thought that 'no one' whould have been more appropriate than 'nothing'.

Have JMS and Russell T been in contact yet?

Ah yes I remember now.

I don't know if JMS & RTD talk.... but if Jack steps out of the TARDIS 1,000 years ago with a bone on the back of his head I'm sure their lawyers will. :)

Back