• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

:D Friday night is coming fast...not fast enough, but it's definitely nice to be on this side of a very long wait for Season 3!

Did anyone else watch the "catch up" show? :D It was pretty good and I'm definitely jazzed now! Bits and pieces of the narration caught me off-guard with things I had forgotten :D or just flat blew past me when I first saw the episodes.

Friday night is usually date night. I like to kick up my heels a little after a full work week, but :p I think we'll be eating IN this week... :D hope he doesn't mind!

WOWZA. Just saw the season premiere.
SPOILERS BELOW

1. Tigh is one hell of a bitter man now. I'm liking how complex his character is getting. I don't agree with him, but the writing for this was pretty good.

2. Starbuck - totally faking it. She's no dummy

3. Laura and Zerrick. I liked their small moment there.

4. Calley (sp?) - had the best tell-off of the whole show. Has a lot of guts.

5. Fat Lee. Hmmm.... not sure what I think about this. It seems out of character for him, even under the circumstances.

Will think of more I'm sure. Any other reactions to this? I'm looking forward to the next week!

In case you haven't seen the opening two episodes of season three, here's some space.

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

S
p
a
c
e

1. Ty is one hell of a bitter man now.

Please don't think I'm being obnoxious, but it's Tigh not Ty. The only reason I know for sure is because there's a first season episode called "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" in which his wife is reintroduced.

As for tonight's season three premier, I really liked it. It was full of moral quandries (sp?) and complex characters and plots. I felt significantly for many of them. I was a bit concerned about how this season would go with how suddenly we jumped forward a year at the end of season two, but if all the stories are told like tonight's two episodes, then I think I'll enjoy this season.

Lee's overeating to compensate for feeling like he'd lost the war was a bit simple, I think, but it was the only thing that felt easily contrived out of the whole two hours to me. I loved Roslin, Baltar, Admiral Adama, Tigh, Starbuck, and a whole host of other characters. I liked how it was somewhat tied into current events and how it challenged the viewer to consider current events in a perspective of "how would I react in that situation".

I'm definitely excited about this season now and can't wait until next week.

I'm up to disk 3 on the DVD box set now.

I've just got past the industrial action episode involving Baltar's writings.

I had no idea Arlon was secretly in Yorkshire (Baltar's hidden accent).;):p:LOL:

Sometimes their connections back to earth are just silly. Okay, they're speaking English - no problem with suspension of disbelief there.

But when they start putting Yorkshire accents on us, and introduce random characters with Czech names, they're pushing it.

Sometimes their connections back to earth are just silly. Okay, they're speaking English - no problem with suspension of disbelief there.

But when they start putting Yorkshire accents on us, and introduce random characters with Czech names, they're pushing it.

Or hearing Bob Dylan lyrics?

I agree with what you are saying but on another level, British fans will totally get what James Callis was doing with that. Yorkshiremen are known affectinonately as "the salt of the Earth" and many of them were subject to harsh treatment as mistreated workers during the industrial revolution and had a strong mining community that Thatcher obliterated.

I also came across this little nugget of information that in some way corroborates a theory some of us had (and some were not fond of):

Several clues point to Earth as the true homeworld of humanity. As the Fleet approaches Earth, the artifacts they encounter become more ancient. The ruins on Kobol are 2,000 years old, the Lion's head nebula beacon is 3,000 years old, and the Temple of Five is dated to 4,000 years.

Or hearing Bob Dylan lyrics?

When seeing that, I though they were picking up transmissions from earth, subconciously - which was kind of cool.

When reading that they weren't actually, and it was just a song that happened to be a lot like Dylan's .. yes. Egads.

When seeing that, I though they were picking up transmissions from earth, subconciously - which was kind of cool.

When reading that they weren't actually, and it was just a song that happened to be a lot like Dylan's .. yes. Egads.

Although I haven't yet seen this, I am aware of it.... and I think they are pulling something similar to a trick played on the BBC series "Life on Mars".

All throughout the run, the writers of that show claimed that it was a mystery - could he realy be in 1973... or is he in a coma... or is he mad? Yet they seeded "erroneous" things in like anachronisms... but all the time they claimed they were using "artistic licence" - to maintain the illusion of that mystery.

I'll bet you that is what they are doing in BSG... giving a lame answer to thinly veil the truth that the Dylan song is the original inspiration for the Colonial song. but if they admitted it, cards would be on the table - we'd know with no shadow of doubt that the colonials - even the Lords of Kobol were originally from Earth.

I'm still a little hopeful that the nightmare scenario I envisaged - Galactica heading through a rift in spacetime that leads to them founding humanity, won't come to pass.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back