• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost season 4 (spoilers)

OK just saw this.

First off, that ENTIRE ship/bomb bit was really, really poorly written and directed. OK so they use liquid nitrogen to keep the bomb from going off? Great, thats fine. But as soon as the light turns red, and Desmond goes to warn people, for the rest of the time NO ONE SHOWS ANY SENSE OF URGENCY. You see people wearing life vests and chilling on the deck, walking any which direction even as the chopper is lifting off. Sorry folks, if someone told me there was a bomb on the boat, I'd have that vest on and be in the water in 15 seconds flat, swimming as far away as I could have. But all those jokers were just wandering around. Then there is Michael. After all that build up, what a STUPID way to end his character. So what, the island wanted him to come back to what? What was it he really did? NOTHING. And don't try to tell me his "destiny" was to keep that battery cold to save Jack and Kate and them. Just because the Liquid Nitrogen ran out, that doesn't mean the bomb would blow up instantly. Hell it would take 5-10 minutes for that battery to even START to warm up. His ass could have been off the boat like everyone else should have been. But no, it runs out and instantly "BOOM" which was preceded by Christian's send-off. That was really contrived. I really didn't buy any of that. It was laugh out loud silly, all of it.

That said, I think Jim is alive. IF he isn't, then he is also dumb. Why flag down the chopper when its lifting off? Cause your wife is on it and she's safe? Dude, just jump your ass off the boat and swim away. Don't tell me your fisherman's-son ass couldn't swim better than Sawyer.

Sawyer annoyed me in every scene.

Ben was awesome in every scene. He and Locke's interaction was great.

The red headed chick was born on the island eh? Interesting.

Moving the island was cool, and very reminiscent of when Desmond hit that "release" button.

So Locke was in the coffin huh? I think that was just about everyone's first guess when we all saw last season's finale. I also agree I don't think he will still be dead when he gets back to the island. So what is next season about? Them trying to get back? Or will it just start with them back and slowly fill in how they get back? Isn't next season the last season?

Next they revealed that some properties of the island are "negatively charged" exotic matter related, and that space and time can be effected (as some easter egg video clips on the net eluded to. Well thats kind of neat, and goes along with at least part of what we have been thinking. There is still a TON unexplained. Namely Walt. He was such an important part of Season One, and all his mysteries seem still unaddressed. Hopefully they will next season, but we will see.

I just feel like we are heading towards a let down when this show ends. I'm sure they will answer a lot, but I also think there will be far more that never gets answered. We should start a thread naming all of the still-open Lost mysteries (or find a website that has already done this). There are TONS. While I don't think 100% of everything needs to be answered, with a show like this, you really do owe the viewers quite a bit, but I feel like we are going to get screwed there. What does anyone else think?

Best line of the episode: "So?"

I'm also worried about a lot of threads not being tied up. Abrams did the same thing with Alias. It was a cheap cop-out, crap ending on all accounts (except for Jack and Sloane at the end.) It was like he just write it up in 10 minutes and slapped in a page for people to read. SO much unanswered.

I'd put on the list of unanswered questions:

WTF was up with that damn hatch again? Was that ever explained with the button? Just a psych. experiment or was it really some magnetic doodad that kept the world spinning just so. I dunno.

Smoke monster. No idea what that is yet (though it's cool.)

Dead people on the island. Why?

Hurley's numbers. why?

Eyeliner dude. Who are you?

Desmond gonna have anymore visions here? or are they gone because of him going through the bad mojo there?

Just a start...

First off, that ENTIRE ship/bomb bit was really, really poorly written and directed. OK so they use liquid nitrogen to keep the bomb from going off? Great, thats fine. But as soon as the light turns red, and Desmond goes to warn people, for the rest of the time NO ONE SHOWS ANY SENSE OF URGENCY. You see people wearing life vests and chilling on the deck, walking any which direction even as the chopper is lifting off. Sorry folks, if someone told me there was a bomb on the boat, I'd have that vest on and be in the water in 15 seconds flat, swimming as far away as I could have. But all those jokers were just wandering around. Then there is Michael. After all that build up, what a STUPID way to end his character. So what, the island wanted him to come back to what? What was it he really did? NOTHING. And don't try to tell me his "destiny" was to keep that battery cold to save Jack and Kate and them. Just because the Liquid Nitrogen ran out, that doesn't mean the bomb would blow up instantly. Hell it would take 5-10 minutes for that battery to even START to warm up. His ass could have been off the boat like everyone else should have been. But no, it runs out and instantly "BOOM" which was preceded by Christian's send-off. That was really contrived. I really didn't buy any of that. It was laugh out loud silly, all of it.

QFT, man, 100% The whole thing felt really off and I just couldn't put it into words and I didn't really care enough. But you're right.
It all felt like why I stopped watching 24, when it started to constantly look like this.

That said, I think Jim is alive. IF he isn't, then he is also dumb. Why flag down the chopper when its lifting off? Cause your wife is on it and she's safe? Dude, just jump your ass off the boat and swim away. Don't tell me your fisherman's-son ass couldn't swim better than Sawyer.

While it would certainly be worth a shot, because when you're desperate you'll do anything, I doubt that you could swim away far and fast enough away from that boom.

Sawyer annoyed me in every scene.

He's been doing that to me since the first episode.

Ben was awesome in every scene. He and Locke's interaction was great.

Yeah, they're like the Londa 'n' G'Kar of Lost. Ok not quite, but whatever.
Those two, Hurley, Sayid and Desmond are the only people I like on this show.

The red headed chick was born on the island eh? Interesting.

a) what a cutie
b) maybe she's a Dharma spawn
c) someone remind me- was she the one who once found a polar bear skeleton in a dessert?

Isn't next season the last season?

I believe there are two more. So next season should be about them getting back.
If I were making this show at this point, I'd make next season as mysterious and irritatingly confusing as the previous ones, but then pretty much reveal everything at the end, with everybody back on the island. The last season would then be a full-speed-ahead intense war to the finish, with lots of action, not so much mystery. Since it would be the end, you wouldn't have to worry as much about making people stay or getting new viewers- just gear it towards fans.

My favorite line of the ep was "Checkmate, Mr Echo."

Of all the old mysteries, I really do want the numbers thing explained, since I'm into numbers in general (actually studied Hebrew numerology and such a long time ago). I recently made a Fibonacci sequence joke at at party. 3 geeks laughed, it didn't impress the women.

Yes and if GKE is doing a Man With the Golden Gun homage

Dude...

Fantasy-Island-Photograph-C10042195.jpeg

Ever since Sawyer went all wonky for Kate (and they did the deed,) he's kind of been like a lovesick puppy. He needs his edge back. Maybe he and Juliet will get it on. She's mega hot--in a crazy kind of way.

I finally realized where I knew her from. She was Angelina Jolie's lesbian lover in "Gia."

Soldier boy's signal would not have traveled from deep underground in a metal room all the way to the boat. That part of the show really pissed me off.

Another season and i feel wholly unsatisfied. As people have mentioned there are way too many unanswered questions.

Am I the only person who doesn't want all the mysteries to be explained? I think it will be a disappointment if they explained everything. I would prefer to have some mysteries remain unsolved, so that geeks like me can argue on the internet about what is the right interpretation till we wear our keyboards away. Much like 2001: A Space Odyssey.

So what is next season about? Them trying to get back? Or will it just start with them back and slowly fill in how they get back? Isn't next season the last season?

Wow. I hadn't thought about the second scenario. That fits very well though.

Best line of the episode: "So?"

No way. The best line was "What DO I mean?" from Miles to Charlotte the redhead.:)

I agree that I don't think ALL of the mysteries should be addressed/solved. But a good percentage of them should, as well as the obvious main ones. To do anything less is to really cheat the viewers.

I'm really curious as to what's going to happen next season too. It looked like Desmond wasn't going to return but then I thought about Ben's line about everyone going back. I think it'll be fairly hard to convince Desmond to return, but we'll see.

I'm really curious as to what's going to happen next season too. It looked like Desmond wasn't going to return but then I thought about Ben's line about everyone going back. I think it'll be fairly hard to convince Desmond to return, but we'll see.

Well that, and coupled with the fact Ben told Mr Widmore that he was going to kill his daughter as revenge for what the commando dude did to Alex. So Ben will be hunting Penny, and somehow likely use it to get Desmond back there,

I didn't think about that. Maybe he's going to have Sayid track down and kill her. I'd like to see Ben convince him to do that. Or maybe Ben'll do it himself seeing as how it's so personal.

Well that, and coupled with the fact Ben told Mr Widmore that he was going to kill his daughter as revenge for what the commando dude did to Alex. So Ben will be hunting Penny, and somehow likely use it to get Desmond back there,

It could easily be the other way round... he could be using the premise of getting Desmond back to the Island, to get Penny in a place where she's vulnerable.
Who is to say Ben's telling anything like the whole truth anyway. He clearly believes that Jacob engineered events to get him off the Island... so is this Ben trying to get himself back against Jacob's wishes, by manipulating people.

I don't see Sayid taking out Penny... I just don't think he'd be prepared to validate Ben's arguments to that extent.

Back