• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 in daily IMDB.com poll

AnlaShokGrey

Regular
B5 is one of the entries in today's poll at IMDB.com:

http://www.imdb.com/poll/

You have to register to vote. The poll is:

With Firefly making the transition to film, what other off-the-air TV show deserves to be continued on the big screen?

Angel
Babylon 5
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dark Angel
Farscape
Friends
Northern Exposure
Quantum Leap
Roswell
Sex and the City
Sports Night
The X-Files
Other

Sadly, B5 isn't doing too well; I think that the X-Files fans have forgotten that their show was _already_ a film. :p Anyway, if you want to improve our results, please consider registering at IMDB.com and taking the poll.

Aisling

I *HATE* these sites that MAKE you register just to cast a fucking vote. It's a scam just to get a damn email address. I don't wanna sign up to their damn site and log my email address and any other "required" information. I visit IMDB.com every now and then and its a good site, but for Christs sake, if I wanna vote on something as a visitor of their site, then I should be able to just do it without going through the hassle of signing up.

Screw them.

Meh. I was registered anyways (probably so I could write a review about Arlington Road and how it just didn't make any sense).

I'm with recoil. I won't invite spam in order to vote in some meaningless poll. Maybe that is why B5 is doing poorly - its fans are too smart to fall for the con! :LOL:

Voted. I registered (years ago) using my sacrificial email acct.(Yahoo). Between the blocks and filters on Yahoo, and the fact that stuff in the Bulk and Trash folders are no longer counted toward your mailbox limit, no problemo.

Honestly though, not signing up does nothing to prevent you from getting spam. These email programs just send to domain names with thousands of combinations of email addresses. When they get one that doesnt get returned as "undeliverable" you are added. Nothing you can do to prevent it.

I just cant stand sites that make you go to the time and effort to register just to vote or even view posts, when there is no benefit to you for doing it. It's a freakin waste of time, and I don't want these sites having my info for their own grubby purposes...

I *HATE* these sites that MAKE you register just to cast a fucking vote.
Well, I don't. Registering makes it harder to "stuff the ballot".
And IMDb does not send me spam. But how do you tell the reputable sites from the others?

Sneakemail gives you the ability to create one email address for each site you sign on to. If you get spam from one of them, you just remove it. :)
Works with friends who give away your address too. :LOL:

I *HATE* these sites that MAKE you register just to cast a fucking vote. It's a scam just to get a damn email address. I don't wanna sign up to their damn site and log my email address and any other "required" information. I visit IMDB.com every now and then and its a good site, but for Christs sake, if I wanna vote on something as a visitor of their site, then I should be able to just do it without going through the hassle of signing up.

Screw them.

I've been a registered user of IMDB for years (since 98 as I recall) and in all that time they have not sent me as much as a single unsolicited e-mail (I was for a short period of time a subscriber to one of their mailing lists).

They also don't ask for any other info beyond a valid e-mail address (unless they've made recent changes to their registration policy). And if giving out your e-mail addy is you only concern just register a throwaway e-mail addy at hotmail or someplace to use.

As for the poll, unfortunately I missed it and a new one is up, "Favorite babe scientist".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back