• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SFC ratings for the week:

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'd call this a pretty good sign:

Farscape 1.7
Invisible Man 1.3
The Outer Limits 1.2
Crusade 1.1
Escape From Mars 1.1
Babylon 5 0.9
John Edward 0.9
Interceptor Force 0.9
First Wave 0.8
Lost World 0.8

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

That is a very good sign, and the fact that reruns of Crusade were able to finish 4th, and 2nd showings of Babylon 5 were able to finish 6th should prove that the SciFi channel is the home for the B5 Universe.

------------------

That's actually about how Crusade did as a first-run series on TNT. That's good considering that first, it's a second-run showing, and second, SFC has less households than TNT did by quite a margin. To finish in the top four clearly shows the wisdom in SFC's commitment to Babylon 5.

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

The ratings as reported for both SFC and TNT are not the "raw" ratings numbers. They're adjusted to reflect the coverage area. A 1.0 SFC rating might be a 0.8 raw rating, while a TNT 1.0 might be a 0.9 or 0.95. Still, both shows are doing well. And since the Sci-Fi Channel has been increasing its coverage area since B5 started in September, a 0.9 now actually represents more households than the same rating did last year. All-in-all I suspect that Sci-Fi is very pleased with how B5 and Crusade are doing, especially in comparison to their other shows. The open question is how much of the B5/Crusade audience is sticking around for the rest of Sci-Fi's programming? The thing that hurt B5 on TNT, despite generally good ratings, is that B5 fans would tune in just for the show and then leave. In the meantime regular TNT viewers would tune out when B5 came on and (mostly) return later in the evening for wrestling or whatever. Getting an audience to watch the channel is only half the battle; keeping the audience is nearly as important.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Well I am a Scifi fan..and as that is I keep my tv on scifi all day..unless there's something specific on another channel I want to watch.

If B5 hadn't ended up on SFC I never probably wouldn't have started watching it on any other channel.

Also shows like Farscape and I-Man are doing better in the ratings now.

It seems the whole channel is doing better...which is great considering most of it's shows are cult status shows.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"

A.They are important because SFC has already commishioned a new series(I know just pilot..but let's face it they want that series and they'll get it) based on B5's ratings.

SFC has been known to resurrect shows in the past from cancellation(Sliders,The Outer Limits,and more recently LEXX).

It stands to reason that they want as many high rated shows as they can have.

Therefore if Crusade can get ratings as good as B5 in a harder timeslot that should be a good sign.

That's a good sign. That doesn't mean "Praise the great maker we're getting new episodes of Crusade!"

It means this isn't a bad sign.

Whereas if the ratings were like a .2 that would be a bad sign.

Of coursey you probably haven't read anything I just said and are already writing you're next unjustified and unfact based attack.

B.Because I made this post and I'm not attacking anyone I'm just stating facts and letting ppl have their opinions.

And I don't look up to Stephen Furst..I've never met him nor have I read any interviews with him or the like.

I like the character Vir because he is the only character who has a happy beginning and a happy end. Something will all want. He's the only character who gets exactly what he wants.

::sits back and waits for POT attack::

------------------

Hmm, well it seems that this is just a circular argument that goes back to the whole Crusade point. Here's my problem with your "Assumption." Where on Earth did you read that Sci-Fi was going to bring back Crusade if the ratings were good? AND if you did NOT hear that from anyone than you are merely STATING AN OPINION. and your OPINION, to me at least, seems an awful lot like FACTS.

Where did I hear that before?

I'm not saying that Crusade is coming back.
I'm not even saying that there's a chance that's it's coming back.

I'm saying that the fact that it's doing well in the ratings is a good sign for those who hope it does come back.

I never rule out any possibilites though.

And yes it goes back to the crusade discussion because ::gasps:: that's what this post is about.

As far as I'm concerned you're just spamming and should be banned.

These are my opinions. I make it clear that they are opinions. I just take whatever facts I know and try to make things look positive.

Because I'm not miserable cynic like you must be(trust me I know you're type. I've never met a happy cynic.)

You don't even try to use any facts..you just come on and blast everyone and accuse them of being fools for thinking it could come back.

You don't know that it won't come back. And if you do please explain in detail(and each time I've asked for that you've ignored which proves you have none) who you know.

------------------

The problems with TNT were caused by the fact that wrestling followed B5 most of the time - two (usually) totally different audiences. If you put Rangers in with the Friday Prime block, you'd definately see tons of crossover.

POT - the ratings are the measuring stick by which all programming decisions are made. The better the ratings, the more the powers that be take notice. Nobody said that means that Crusade will come back, but it's a positive step in that direction.

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

I'm not saying that Crusade is coming back.
I'm not even saying that there's a chance that's it's coming back.

I'm saying that the fact that it's doing well in the ratings is a good sign for those who hope it does come back.

I never rule out any possibilites though.

And yes it goes back to the crusade discussion because ::gasps:: that's what this post is about.

As far as I'm concerned you're just spamming and should be banned.

These are my opinions. I make it clear that they are opinions. I just take whatever facts I know and try to make things look positive.

Because I'm not miserable cynic like you must be(trust me I know you're type. I've never met a happy cynic.)

You don't even try to use any facts..you just come on and blast everyone and accuse them of being fools for thinking it could come back.

You don't know that it won't come back. And if you do please explain in detail(and each time I've asked for that you've ignored which proves you have none) how you know.

------------------

You are such a hypocrite. You accuse me of not "using facts" --- as if there is a law stating that I should -- but your whole point is based on what ... a hope? A hope that maybe perhaps high ratings will bring back a dead show. Do you have FACTS to back that up? No? Oh, Okay, then its okay for you to write silly little posts without FACTS, just not me... I see the rules now, thanks Mr. Ambassador.

And as far as I KNOW, this post was about RATINGS. You might have INTENDED it to be about CRUSADE, but I certainly didn't get that from the TITLE.

------------------

Well,I'm sorry you didn't have the intelligence to understand what I was implying. I'm sorry I didn't write everything out nice and slow and give you lots of detail as to what I was saying.

No there is no law that says you have to use fact. But if you're going to come on and say that the show just isn't coming back then please do use facts.

It wasn't you're opinion that it's not coming back that's offensive. It's how you say it. You don't know how to say things nicely(which I know sounds lame.)

You say things like you're trying to be a big bad ass know it all. So when you say things like that we expect some facts to back you up. Otherwise you look like an idiot.

------------------

Now you are really confusing me. FIRST you were on my case because I didn't back up my OPINION with FACTS (as if that were even possible) and then I PROVED that you were doing the VERY SAME THING! And now you say that it isn't my OPINION that was bad, its that I don't say things NICELY.

Hmmm, have you said everything NICELY? And if you haven't then why? Is it because I provoked you? If so, then how is it that you are any better than I am? I never PRETENDED as though my opinions were anything other than opinions and I have no rules or laws against being RUDE to others... you OBVIOUSLY do. You have violated both of your edicts throughout the day by responding to me. I have violated none in responding to you. Tonight, I seriously hope that you think about these points and simply don't come back firing away with another jab -- without thinking. Slow down, and take in what I said. I would do the same, but I choose not burden myself with your mannerisms and civility -- I say what I like, whenever I like.

See ya tomorrow!

I have not contradicted myself at all and I stand by everything I say.

I've only added to my statements to clarify the point that you are missing. But obviously you're not able to see that.

The difference between you and I is that I'm not attacking you. I just want you to stop attacking me and others or have some factual proof behind your statements.

------------------

I see that you did not take the time to think about what I wrote. A pity, but I knew it was for naught. First of all, I'm glad to see that the B5 board has its own ANGEL... ready to protect the rights of any who might be downtrodden by the rouges who sometimes pass by. I bet you even wear tights while typing on your computer huh? you are such a noble creature as to look out for others that you "think" i attack. Its good, because deep-down inside you know that they are too spineless and dumb to protect themselves, isn't that it? Oh, it isn't? Then why is it that you care if I "attack" others?

Now, I you are complaining that I'm "attacking" you, then that is something else entirely. You know what? i don't think I've attacked you at all today.

Damn, its good to have that talk wasn't it? See ya tomorrow Superman.

------------------

Wow guys chill out. We dont need to this board to turn into the others with fights.

When it was announced Crusade was going to be reaired the question of will Sci-Fi continue crusade came out. I believe JMS said everything with the B5 universe is dependent on how the ratings for the shows on sci-fi are. We can all pray since the ratings are good that the series would continued or at least some movies on crusade to at least finish the first seasons story cant we? :)

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

Not according to POT. According to him there's not a chance in the world. And he backed this up by saying...wait..he didn't back it up with anything...sorry...nevermind.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Also shows like Farscape and I-Man are doing better in the ratings now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking more of Black Scorpion and Jules Verne on Saturday, which have been doing so poorly that SFC replaced them in prime-time with their third or fourth re-runs of the B5 movies. The other originals are clearly doing better.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

A good sign? A good sign of what? Why on earth should I care about the ratings of a mega-corporation -- unless, of course, I worked there. Jeez, I suppose that we'll be getting projected ratings from JMS's series on Showtime next. Hey I know, why doesn't a high IQ type put together a finance proposal on whether or not a B5 feature film would be feasible... and then they can share the information with the rest of us! That would be so cool.

POT, until you having something to say and start making sense please just shut the hell up.

Your post made no sense whatsoever. You just want so badly to be better than everyone you attack them and throw out your opinions and act like you're some big genius.

If you don't agree with us then A.Explain in detail why or B.Shut up and mind your own business.

------------------

Back