• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What will the questions be?

Delbert

Beyond the rim
Both B5 and Crusade presented us with a set of questions which provided pointers to the themes and ideas of the programme. B5 had "Who are you? What do you want?" and Crusade added "Who do you serve? Who do you trust?". Appropriate answers for B5 could be "We are the younger races, independent of the older races. We want the freedom to make our own choices and to deal with consequences ourselves." Crusade's questions seem to point more directly to the conflict of interest that we saw Gideon and crew facing in the unrecorded final season 1 scripts. So, while it really is too early to tell, I wonder what, if any, questions will be offered up by B5LR, and how/if the series will build upon the questions from the previous series.

Any thoughts?

Will we run for five years?
laugh.gif

------------------
station.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Some Legend questions could be the same old B5 and Crusade one like Who are you? Where are you going? Who do you serve? After all the purpose of the Rangers in the new project I guess is supposed to be helping the victims of the Shadows and their war to recover and rebuild. Instilling a sense of purpose in them by asking those questions and getting them to ask themselves those questions can IMHO do nothing but help.

------------------

The Rangers' mantra is:
"We live for The One, we (would) die for The One"

So maybe the LotR questions will be:
"What do you live for?"
"What would you die for?"

------------------
Be seeing you

Good suggestions Bester! I think that, with the lead character facing some mistrust from members of the Ranger hierarchy, "Who do you serve?" and "Who do you trust?" will be particularly relevant once again. This would be particularly relevant as the Rangers go through the identity crisis of their mission change from being vigilant against the coming darkness to, well, apparently being some kind of elite unit for the ISA. Maybe "Who are you?" applies more the the Rangers as a whole, should this go to a series.

Just a couple of thoughts to tantalise and stir up the ole grey matter!

------------------

That is the general Idea isn't it too leave questions for you to answer with the imagination!

------------------
What a small Price too pay for GODHOOD!

Considering the premise, that the captain of the ship "ran" from a fight, might any guiding "question" be based on that?

When do you serve? How do you serve? What is victory worth to you?

------------------
"Logic is a pretty wreath of flowers that smell BAD."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bester:
The Rangers' mantra is:
"We live for The One, we (would) die for The One"

So maybe the LotR questions will be:
"What do you live for?"
"What would you die for?"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this, but JMS doesn't tend to put a whole lot out in the open like that. I suspect the questions won't be so easily answerable; at least not at first.

------------------
Joe Siegler
Webmaster - 3D Realms

Well done Bester! Send your suggestions to JMS.

------------------

Good questions, Raider. I think they would fit in nicely in the Ranger movie. How about this one: Would you follow the One into fire, darkness, or despair, knowing there is evil there? (Hey, it rhymes
laugh.gif
)
Answer, yes, we will follow the One even to the end of time.

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

what about my questions?

"Do you have anything worth living for"

"Why are you here"

------------------
"I hate it when you do that"

"Good"

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
laugh.gif

Jason Ironheart: "To become... flat."
Kosh: "NEVER ask that question!"

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

Why does that Cat keep staring at me?

And Why is it Smiling?
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Who is your Daddy and What does he Do? (say it in Arnold Schwartzeneggers voice)

All your base are belong to us.
What You Say?

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

Has anyone seen my Grail?

Where's the Rest Room?

What _Does_ McBuri make those BarBeQue sandwiches out of?

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Perhaps the Dalai Lama's question to sheridan: "Do you understand?"

------------------

Back