• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The unproduced scripts

SamGadsby

Regular
Does anyone know where to get the scripts of the episodes-never-aired?

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

Try and get in touch with Deviot. He sent me the copies of the scripts he had and I'm sure he'll be happy to share them with you too.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Thanks, Sinclair. I hope Deviot sees this string.

------------------
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamGadsby:
Does anyone know where to get the scripts of the episodes-never-aired?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 3 of them. E-mail me if you want them(if you havn,t already I have lost track of all the people who have asked)

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Thanks Deviot, check your e-mail. I just sent it.

------------------

It's great knowing when I'm gone, my work will go on. I feel like a Celine Dion cd right about now .... (ready, aim, just kidding!) lol

Ok I'm in a weird mood tonight
smile.gif

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Star:
It's great knowing when I'm gone, my work will go on. I feel like a Celine Dion cd right about now .... (ready, aim, just kidding!) lol

Ok I'm in a weird mood tonight
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*shakes head, thinks about it too much and has annuerism, what is he talking about, at least he didn't say "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't of spent that year in college."*

------------------

Sam - I'm the one that typed em up and sent em out originally.
smile.gif
So when Deviot sends them out, he's sending out what I sent out. And the people that send those out, and then those people.....
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Star:
Sam - I'm the one that typed em up and sent em out originally.
smile.gif
So when Deviot sends them out, he's sending out what I sent out. And the people that send those out, and then those people.....
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The cycle continues.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Why don't you Deviot, or someone else, get a free web page from someone (ex: Geocities) and upload your scripts to the site. So people can go there and download them, and stop bugging you. Or maybe this site can have a download page; music, scripts, pictures, chats, etc.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamGadsby:
Why don't you Deviot, or someone else, get a free web page from someone (ex: Geocities) and upload your scripts to the site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Because they're illegal?

------------------

Which part of my idea. They are e-mailing the scripts around. No one's using it for commercial use. Lots of sites have sounds or pictures you can download.

------------------

All of it. They're owned by jms and Warner Bros., and not yours to distribute - whether or not you get any money for it.

Though, if you keep it in email you'll probably get away with. Put them up on a website and it'll get shut down pretty quickly.

------------------

I just read one of the scripts: The End of the Line. It was pretty good. I don't know if anyone else has read it. Too bad this one never made it on screen. Of course, I wish I had the second part of it. I have two of the others, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Exactly what Drakh said. I had a couple people ask me about posting them on a website a long time ago, and I almost did ... then I realized that it could be major trouble if it's on a website like that. It's copywrited material, and posting something like that would get my heiny in trouble with wb's lawyers. As it is, I'm (and Deviot, and shewhomust, and GM, and ...) distributing it via email, so it's a small group of people who have it, and no one's charging for anything.

I went round and round and round with certain people at the wb's legal department over it already. They finally decided on a stance like jms ... if they can find it and download it, you're toast. If they can't ... they have better things to do.

------------------

Yeah, posting them would be a Very Bad Idea(tm). However, just passing them around via e-mail, while frowned upon, is probably not going to land one in hot water.

Actually, I bought a copy of Value Judgements at a convention from Scripts from the Lot. I highly recommend it, it's an excellent script that sheds quite a lot of light on the character of Bester.

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

I had two different people send me the scripts in my e-mail. The zip-file wouldn't work with Webtv, but the MSWord one worked (I had to forward it to a Yahoo e-mail acct. to get it to open). Webtv isn't on a computer--it goes through your TV from a box.

Anyway, I thought all 3 scripts were good, but I want to comment on something from the 3rd sript.
SPOILERS
In the 3rd script, Gideon meets up with some human/shadow hybrid people. Was anyone else as creeped-out by that as I was? Wonder if we'll see them in B5LR if it becomes a series?

Tammy

------------------

They are going around on quite a few boards. The guy who gave me this site as a possible place to get the episodes on tape, sent them to me. I will enjoy reading them over the weekend.

It beats some of the fanfic stuff I have perused. Ouch. Not exactly my taste.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back