• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

ms winters psychic in reality?

sassy

Regular
Ok she left her cnn job bc of irresponsible reporting..

then "Thompson will be keeping busy again soon however, as she's signed on to host Psychic Detectives. The show focuses on cases where a psychic was employeed to locate missing persons or solve a crime." by koshn

ok..the words DUMB BITCH come to mind.

i have no understanding how psychic detective can be 'responsible' more than CNN..

SOMEONE CALL IN JOHN EDWARDS!!

"Irresponsible" reporting and "silly" reporting are two different subjects, sassy. While this psychic thing is silly, it's not irresponsible.

Thompson made a defensible statement - that CNN's two-minute segments just aren't enough to get important details in, that they're just enough to get to the heart, the angle of the story ("these drugs might kill you" with the associated footage of pills falling into vats and patients with doctors) and leave out other vital details because there just isn't enough time to get everything. Just enough to scare you and not enough to be informed.

Psychic Detectives, however, will probably be, if it claims to be an unbiased newsmagazine type, will have fifteen-minute segments in which Thompson can be as responsible as she wants.

Keep "responsible" and "silly" separate, please.

It's the era of the soundbite - every word you give a television journalist in a statement has to be utter and complete gold, because they'll only use one or two sentences anyway, because of time restrictions. It's not BAD, per se, it's just how these things work. You wouldn't want to watch a three-hour newscast, now would you?

You wouldn't want to watch a three-hour newscast, now would you?

National Public Radio is about an hour and a half each weekday. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Although, in fairness, you don't "watch" it, you listen to it of course. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is a newspaper a different medium than television? Different forms? Could you write for both? I didn't think that you were speaking specifically, and only , about television.

Different mediums, or different forms, I thought it was all journalism. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Whether you write for a newspaper, for television, or radio, you do have restrictions (including time restrictions). Perhaps television needs to lean on "sound bites" more than the other, but I've seen newspapers and radio shows do the same thing.

Back