• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The second time Joe DM has made a B5 error.

sassy

Regular
I forget what the first one error was...I am shocked though. I didn't know Joe DM was capable of doing such a thing. I will need therapy forsure bc of this.....

but the second one had to do with math.

Mimbari math problem:

You have 9 members of the grey council.
The council is deadlocked. Delenn is the deciding vote.
How many Mimbari were deadlocked?

Unless I am mistaken, he simply said that 9 members cannot remain deadlocked. Not unless one of them remains undecided. Hence given that an even number (not necessarily eight, some may have shared Dukhat's fate) of other members had cast opposite votes, the deadlock lasted exactly as long as it took Delenn to decide.

Whatever, even or odd - several members of the councile were killed during the attack. We don't know how many members the council had at this time.

Sassy, I'd just like to point out that you spelled Minbari wrong. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

About that deadlock thing... Dukhat was dead so he couldn't vote, and I remember seeing another member of the Grey Council laying on the ground dead. That was from "Atonement" you could see the dead guy in the backround when Morann was telling Delenn that they were a race gone mad. So I would say it was 3 and 3, making Delenn number 7. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Assuming that some of the Nine died. Joe's assumption was that if all 9 had survived, each side could not have equal votes (unless you count abstaining as not voting). The only way it can create a deadlock is if an even number were killed off. Joe merely forgot in a critical moment that Delenn was one of the nine, most likely, or he just didn't do his math right. Bad Joe. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I still want to be like Joe D. though. He's my hero. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Notice how mine was the shortest answer by far to a simple question. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

No I wasnt. There are 9, Delenn is the deciding vote, so take 1 away from 9 and you get 8. If they are split, then its 4 and 4. What math are you using? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I forget what the first one error was...

[/quote]
I remember him making a B5 mistake way back when. He referred to Ari ben Zayn as General instead of Colonel. Not sure if that was what you were talking about, but I just had to bring that up. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

What math am I using?

I'm using that addition and subtraction thing... 9 Members of the Gray Council to begin with, Dukat dies, so that's 9-1, and that equals 8. Still following me? In "Atonement" we see another member of the 9 dead on the ground in the backround, so that's 8-1, and that equals 7. So the vote should of been 3/3 not 4/4. Did you get that? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Not really. Nine members to begin with, Dukhat dies, still nine members left, unless some suffered a similar fate. Dukhat was not a Council member, but the leader chosen by the Council, which is a position of somewhat different tasks. Theoretically the highest authority, practically dependant on personal influence. For example, Jenimer held the same position but could hardly be called the highest authority, given that the Council practically ignored him.

When we see Dukhat walking around there's an open spot in the circle. Atleast I think there was. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Perhaps some Council member was off on a vacation?

If he wished, he could overturn a council's decision, a single member of the council can never act alone, thus, he cannot be considered a member of the 9, he is the 10th, as the 10th was later reserved in memory of Neroon at the end of the civil war.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back