• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

so who's posting at sci-fi com?

sassy

Regular
so who\'s posting at sci-fi com?

Joe DM said something about posting support at scifi.com to show support for the rangers to become a series.

I attempted..and i must admit that board really has some layout probs.

but I did email the some with the addys.

well..anyone?

------------------
Remember folks, you to can be another victim! contributed by DW.:)

Re: so who\'s posting at sci-fi com?

Same here, i'll post (or read for that matter) at that forum, when they get some decent software. Right now their forums are a mess.

Besides, i'm a Canadian, i can't participate in the writing campaign (even though i DO have access to the Sci-Fi channel, it still won't matter, and they won't believe), so i post my support here.
I posted once there, and it's more then enough. Haven't been there since, and don't think i'm missing much.

If internet posts carry any weight at all with networks (really doubt it), then posting here's as good as there.

------------------
"I walk, i shop, i sneeze. I'll be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out ... and i don't sleep on a bed of bones."

Actually, I said I was very skeptical about posting over there, since I don't think they pay much attention, and they know how easy it is to "stuff the ballot box". I'm even more skeptical that anybody over at Sci-Fi reads this site. Although posting in either place certainly can't hurt, I think letters have much more of an impact. See the "Rangers Sponsors" thread for details.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sassy:
Joe DM said something about posting support at scifi.com to show support for the rangers to become a series.

I attempted..and i must admit that board really has some layout probs.

but I did email the some with the addys.

well..anyone?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't posted to Sci-Fi's site since it's so slow, filled with ads., it's not organized so it's hard to find stuff, and the search engine doesn't work, and I spend most of my online time here, or on rat, rast, and rastb5m.

Instead I sent snail mail letters to Sci-Fi (signed in blue ink
smile.gif
).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I post there once in a blue moon. It's just so slow, and this is just the better messageboard.

Besides. I don't have time for any more messageboards!
smile.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

I tried to pay it a visit a few days ago. I was going to post some encouraging things about it. But I was just overwhelmed by all the threads dedicated to how much they hated the Rangers movie, and the few posts I did read were just filled with the most nonsensical things I've ever read.

It would have been like trying to walk into a Baptist church and preaching Islam.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I really don't post there any more because that board just plain sucks. I will lurk or post occasionally, but not like I used to. I also got tired of the poor layout, pop up ads, and all that nonsense.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

I dont post there. I too would like to post my comments on Rangers there. But God DAMN that is a slow site. They need to put that sucker on a bigger pipe, or upgrade the webserver to more than a Pentium II.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I started to really get annoyed when every second time I clicked on a link I would get a message about high traffic.

Also I didn't like the fact of not being about ro respond directly to someone else's reply.

------------------
Belran's Down Below

From the perspective of a fresh board poster, and long time fan of B5, I have to say the board is not so ENTIRELY bad as I have been hearing.
I found it rather quickly with Sci Fi's search engine and have dropped a few posts as well as a few replies.
Unless your on T1 line or DSL, the slow speed and unreliable board access is not too out of the norm for browsing the internet (56K Modem here, stone age I know, but I let it teach me patience).
The board is not the most functional I've ever used, but my only real gripe is the lack of meaningful dialog on it now that a week or two has past since B5 Rangers aired. It has mostly become a polling booth for people to vote for the livelyhood of a Rangers series. And I must agree with some others who have posted that Sci Fi does not seem very involved in the board.
mad.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
"Humanity IS my business"
or the always popular
"You can get farther with a kind word and a 2 b four, than you can with just a kind word"

well joe, they must at least LOOK at their board..but if wwhat ge says is true that they are SLAMMING rangers..geesh.

------------------
Remember folks, you to can be another victim! contributed by DW.:)

Back