• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Avengers Movie

This will come out after Iron Man 2. I think the initial idea was to have the Hulk as the villain in The Avengers (hence the sinister grin Banner gave to the camera at the end of TIH).

Yeah. It's pretty cool. Not as good as Iron Man, but a hell of alot better than Ang Lee's Hulk.

Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers are all lined-up for the next few years. Exciting times!

I've heard that the Incredible Hulk is largely a reboot and not a direct sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk.

Having finally watched Iron Man just this morning (I know, I'm always behind the times) and with the Edward Norton "Hulk" in my Netflix queue, I'm starting to get excited about this franchise. Especially with Samuel J. as Fury.

The Avengers Movie comes out this weekend buy the way... May 4th 2012.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter on this one.

Last edited:
The Avengers is kind of a big deal here because they did a lot of filming in downtown Cleveland. It was all over the TV news here when they were filming it, and there's been more buzz about it coming out at the theaters. I live about a half hour from downtown, so it seemed that every time I watched the local newscasts they'd be talking about it.

As for going to see it, I won't because I never go to the movie theaters any more. Lots of times I just wait until the movies I want to see come out on DVD. :LOL:

Well... this was a damn good movie!!

Even if you've only watched one of the last 3 or 4 Marvel movies I'd check it out anyway. It had a good story, great action scenes, & the movie had a great ending with a possibly to be continued ending... go check it out.

Last edited:
I saw it in 3D IMAX. It was good. The 3D wasn't over done. The film looked a lot better than Thor. Even though there were a lot of characters, they were all well-used, and well developed. Being a long time Marvel fan, I recognized the mouth of the head baddie. I particularly liked how Cap took charge, when they really began to work as a team.

As in the films leading up to this one, starting with the first Iron Man, there is a coda after the film, hinting at things to come. In past films, this has been after all of the credits ran. This time, that coda comes shortly after the start of the credits. But, there is a second coda! It comes at the very end of the credits. It is a bit of humor, foreshadowed in the film. So, stay until the end!

I felt quite smug because I knew exactly what shawarma was... you can't travel to the Middle East and not eat it. It's their main fast food delicacy. :)

Well... unless you are a veggie... then it's falafel.

Well, there must be at least 10 places in my town, where you can buy shwararma. So, I didn't feel smug about that. I felt smug about recognizing the bad guy from just seeing his mouth... :)

If you was see "Marvel's The Avengers" this Saturday and will stay to watch the credits, you got to see an extra scene after the titles end. Marvel Studios has a tradition of planting bonus scenes at the end of the movie

Well, there must be at least 10 places in my town, where you can buy shwararma. So, I didn't feel smug about that. I felt smug about recognizing the bad guy from just seeing his mouth... :)

Yeah but that's America... you forget I live in the Shire! I've got a 45 minute commute to Birmingham or Coventry (yes THAT Coventry... the one that Sheridan referred to), if I want to eat Middle Eastern style. And I don't really have anyone to go with.

And
Spoiler for bad guy:
Thanos
isn't exactly the most inconspicuous of villains. He has a chin that could sink a battleship!

Last edited:
If you was see "Marvel's The Avengers" this Saturday and will stay to watch the credits, you got to see an extra scene after the titles end. Marvel Studios has a tradition of planting bonus scenes at the end of the movie

I guess you haven't read the thread, because I posted about that just a bit above:

As in the films leading up to this one, starting with the first Iron Man, there is a coda after the film, hinting at things to come. In past films, this has been after all of the credits ran. This time, that coda comes shortly after the start of the credits. But, there is a second coda! It comes at the very end of the credits. It is a bit of humor, foreshadowed in the film. So, stay until the end!

Last edited:
I wonder if the current rotation of the various Avengers rosters is a ploy to maximise the next film's international appeal (a bit like how the Spidey Back in Black storyline coincided with Spider-Man 3).

I think it's a bit curious that they've moved Captain Britain into the Secret Avengers fold. I loved what Paul Cornell did with him in the first Captain Britain & MI:13 book and it seems Marvel are keen to retain the development (basically, Braddock's powers are now linked to his confidence in the same way that the Hulk's is tied to his anger).

I also think our Cap's unifom makeover works really well. Never liked the silly face mask, it didn't work... and the stylized Union Flag is bettrer than Stella McCartney's efforts for the Olympic Team.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back