• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

NaToth

I was watching The Parliament of Dreams today and had JCB not left what would have been her character's story arc at the end ?Lennier and Vir had all there own fate's maped out by JMS ..

That's something I've often wondered about too. I found it odd that they never really explained what happened to her until the fifth season. They should have at least had a sendoff episode explaining why she wasn't going to be there anymore. They pretty much found ways to explain other characters' disappearances: Sinclair's, Talia's, Keffer's, and Marcus'.

That's an interesting question. You made a good point about Vir and Lennier each having fates and decent storylines. She was probably going to end up being the queen of Narn. :D

She probably would have been G'Kar's replacement instead of Ta'Lon. Something ordinary to balance out the grandeoseness of Vir and tragedy of Lennier.

Yeah, but they never explained that until nearly three years later. Londo mentioned her to Vir in And the Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place, but other than that we hear nothing about her until the fifth season.

It was mentioned that Na'Toth was on the Narn homeworld was devastated by the Centauri. Her fate was unknown.

The character didn't get any kind of send-off because after recasting the role once and ending up with an unsatisfactory actor (but being stuck with the character because of the need for prior knowledge) JMS kept Na'Toth just long enough to have her impart what she'd learned to G'Kar After that he could drop her like a live grenade and move G'Kar into a more interesting position by stripping him of his only confidante.

When JCB was available for S5, JMS was able to give the character at least some "closure"

Na'Toth did turn up (along with Alisa Beldon, the Teep who found refuge on Minbar in the S1 episode "Legacies") in the short story "True Seeker", set (if memory serves) in the early 2270s.

Regards,

Joe

oh man, poor Ko'dath. I remember JMS considering having a gag involving weekly airlock accidents with Gk's aides :D

Anyone notice that on the DVDs, Ko'dath is never credited in the opening credits as she was in the broadcast versions? Not in the credits at the end, either.

The DVD credits used come from when B5 was converted to all widescreen for the SciFiChannel's initial widescreen version broadcast, if I remember correctly. With the exception of the special version of the credits for season five's "The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father", each season only has one version of the openning credits used, which is unlike how the credits were in the very first run of the show back when it was "fullscreen" -- meaning that the original credits changed occationally as a season progressed. For example, Claudia Christian's credit was removed from the season four finale "The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars" in its original broadcast and replaced with a shot of one of the ships blowing up from one of the battles at the end of season four, but the credits on the DVDs keep Claudia's credit there. Simiarly, I think there's no change in her credit in season two when she's promoted from Lt. Commander to full Commander. A similar thing can be said for Mira Furlan's credit in season two. In the original broadcast, the first two episodes of season two contained a shot of Delenn as a full-Minbari with the half-human, half-Minbari Delenn shot only starting with the third episode's credits; as it is on the DVDs, half-and-half Delenn is there the whole time now.

I knew that Ko'Dath was supposed to have been G'Kar's permanent aide, and that Mary Wornorov (sp?) had an allergic reaction to the makeup or something and was then written out. I never knew that her name actually made it to the opening credits though. I assumed Julie Caitlin Brown had always been in the credits from the beginning.

The DVD credits used come from when B5 was converted to all widescreen for the SciFiChannel's initial widescreen version broadcast, if I remember correctly. With the exception of the special version of the credits for season five's "The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father", each season only has one version of the openning credits used, which is unlike how the credits were in the very first run of the show back when it was "fullscreen" -- meaning that the original credits changed occationally as a season progressed. For example, Claudia Christian's credit was removed from the season four finale "The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars" in its original broadcast and replaced with a shot of one of the ships blowing up from one of the battles at the end of season four, but the credits on the DVDs keep Claudia's credit there. Simiarly, I think there's no change in her credit in season two when she's promoted from Lt. Commander to full Commander. A similar thing can be said for Mira Furlan's credit in season two. In the original broadcast, the first two episodes of season two contained a shot of Delenn as a full-Minbari with the half-human, half-Minbari Delenn shot only starting with the third episode's credits; as it is on the DVDs, half-and-half Delenn is there the whole time now.
Yes, and I still don't get it! I mean, wouldn't it be easier to keep the aired version as it is instead of going through the trouble of changing every single credit of every single episode just to make things worse?

At least the newer DVD versions (like the one I own) have corrected the Delenn mistake in the first S2 episodes, but it still sucks when you're watching the last part of S4 and you find:
Jerry Doyle as Security Chief :mad: Michael Garibaldi.

Back