• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Friends- finally over

GKarsEye

Regular
Thank God this damn show is over. No, of course I didn't watch it. But last night my sister had a friend over and while I was in another room watching a movie, they were watching two hours (!) of Friends. By the time it was over, they were sobbing like someone died. I never hated women more than that moment.

But it's over. Sweet mercyful heaven, it's over. No more promos about Russ and Rachel and their various weddings and babies and "very special episode."

And next week, Frasier, a show I used to like a long time ago, will also finally be put out of its misery. Since I haven't watched since Daphne & Niles hooked up (thus effectively transforming Frasier into Friends lite) I doubt I'll be tuning in.

I grew sick of Friends a long time ago. There were way too many times they decided to end the show and bring it back for my tastes. I stopped believing that they ever actually meant the show was over when they said it was because of those stunts.

As for the finale, I even heard on the news somewhere last night that the finale is going to be released on DVD next month. <insert eyeroll here!>

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the show is being released in season sets, but the impression I got from the little blurb I heard on the news it was as if the season finale was going to be released seperately so that it could be released sooner than having to wait for them to get around to releasing the entire final season.

The final episode will apparantly be released in five days time. Me thinks $$$ cash in while people are still high on it. :D

I got *really* into friends at one point, quite mad about it. But I gave up about season 6 I think (the seasons blur together). It just got dull... then I realized the episodes I did like had lost a lot of appeal too.

Okay, I haven't seen an Episode of Friends in awile, but I decided to watch the finale because there wasn't anything else on the tube. But I have some questions:

#1 -- Did Rachel give up her baby for adoption or something? I mean she was going off to France indefinitely and no one even mentioned her kid.

#2 -- Is it me or did anyone else think it was criminal for Monica to leave two newborn babies all alone in a New York apartment while she dismantled a foosball table?

I lost interest after season three because it just started turning into another "seinfeld" or worse "cheers".
The humour was quite sharp as I like sarcasm but lets be honest the storyline got horribly stretched. I get treated like a social pariah for not being up to speed on the latest happenings of the gang.
Women look at me as if I'm from a different planet.
The only sitcom I go out of my way for now is Scrubs.

I'm very happy it's finally gone as well. If they bring back Tru Calling, maybe it'll have a chance to soar, without that drivel to compete against.

Sitcom Free? Well, almost, I catch Whoopie Goldberg and Happy family occasionally, but that's about it.

I watched the finale. And this was after not having seen any new episodes in several years. So why then? Because of the beautiful nature of a sitcom: you don't have to watch every single episode. Hell, you can walk out halfway into an episode and easily catch up what's going on. This is paradise. I don't feel slightly bad if I miss an episode because it doesn't matter. But if I'm home and have some spare time when it's on, then I can just walk right into it. Convienence. I can't operate my life around watching a certain show, so I value my sitcoms that I can jump into at anytime without having missed anything.

Arrested Development is a great show. They had a marathon of sorts on FX a few weeks back and I caught about 6 episodes. Very funny.
I'm not completely sitcom free..I still watch a few. The Simpsons, King of the Hill (are those considered sitcoms?),That 70's Show.

Now for drama's, thats a completely different story. I'm absolutely hooked on The Shield. IMHO one of the best shows on television (barring any pay channels since I dont have those like HBO or Showtime).

I watched Friends off and on for the last few years and occasionally there would be a great funny episode. I cant watch it in syndication. After you've seen them once, there isnt much appeal left.

Okay, I haven't seen an Episode of Friends in awile, but I decided to watch the finale because there wasn't anything else on the tube. But I have some questions:

#1 -- Did Rachel give up her baby for adoption or something? I mean she was going off to France indefinitely and no one even mentioned her kid.

#2 -- Is it me or did anyone else think it was criminal for Monica to leave two newborn babies all alone in a New York apartment while she dismantled a foosball table?

I watched the finale too but only because I have been watching for so long that it only seemed right to finish it off. I really lost interest a few years back but often kept tuning in to see other shows around it on Thursdays.

Anyway, to answer your questions (and yes, I completely agree with you):

1) No, Emma was apparently going with Rachel's mom on a subsequent trip since Rachel was just going to set up or something. I wonder if her mom is pissed off right now because she is stuck with two tickets to Paris she doesn't need to use? Anyway, they often conveniently don't mention the kid or who the heck is raising her. Must be a nice life I guess. *smirk*

2) I think Monica left the babies twice but I can't remember for certain. I nearly screamed at the TV for giving her get two babies and she turns out to be a completely idiotic mother. I also wondered how they got home from the hospital without two car seats?

All in all, the finale was predictable, irritating and a bit dull but at least it is OVER. Thank the stars! :)

The chick who plays Adriana on the Sopranos will be in the Joey show as well. This leads me to believe her character will be killed off in Sopranos (and those of us who watch know why and will not be surprised).

The bad news, as someone else theorised, is that her signing on to a network show means she probably won't be doing any nude scenes on the Sopranos. Tsk, tsk.

I saw a picture in some magazine the other day of a bunch of college watching the Friends finale. They were clutching their jaws, tearing up, emotional- like they were watching Abuh Ghraib.

The bad news, as someone else theorised, is that her signing on to a network show means she probably won't be doing any nude scenes on the Sopranos. Tsk, tsk.
Now that does suck. The Adriana "bra and panties" shot was one of my favorite parts of the show.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back