• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 Confirmed!

Kyehlar

Regular
http://www.gateworld.net/news/generalnews.html#newsitem1058371937,3257,

The July 26 issue of TV Guide magazine will confirm in an exclusive report that Stargate SG-1 will return an eighth season, according to a press release just issued by the magazine. The issue is also the magazine's first to feature Stargate on the cover, with a photo of Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel Jack O'Neill) and Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson)!

The magazine will also provide the inside scoop on the long-awaited "underwater" spin-off series Stargate Atlantis, which TV Guide reports is still planned for 2004. Could The Sci-Fi Channel be planning to air new episodes both series at the same time?

This is great news. I was getting an empty feeling knowing that SG-1 was about to end soon, but now I know it won't. Yay! :D

Rommie ;)

I think it's bad news. Season six, story wise, was getting hard to watch. The only good point was Jonas. Bham, not for long... so they've taken away the best thing recently.

The show was meant to end with season five. Stretching to season eight creatively isn't good. Look at X-Files, Buffy et al. that didn't know when to quit while they're ahead.

I don't think I'll watch season seven of SG-1... at least nto yet. Can't be bothered.

OK THIS IS SOME LAME ASS SPOILERS>>>>>

///////
'''''''
;;;;;;;;;
[[[[[[[[
]]]]]]]]
=====
--------
+++++++++
```````````
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a typical sg1 ep:

stargate to a planet that looks simular to earth. repeatedly.

find some aliens who look just like humans, o wait! they are humans!

get attacked by some aliens that look like humans with a bad eyeliner job that have a snake inside of them which we never see...and every so often those ppl will get a TWINKLE in their eyes.

and exactly WHAT are those fires on that gould ship for anyway?? its a SHIP with a limited supply of oxygen...and they have FIRES on it...WHY?? for what purpose?? none! none! none! none! to this date those fires still haven't been explained.

but they do have one original idea...well 2...

1 is the stargate of course
2 is the ships in the shape of a triangle...instead of star wars or st.

ok now on to the PLOT:

plot 1.

1. Sg1 need to save earth AGAIN from aliens
2. Sg1 are attacked and almost get killed
3. sg1 save earth from other aliens.
4. one of Sg1/sam's dad needs help and they need to rescue him/her
5. daniel goes crazy
6. sg1 dies and comes back to life
7. sg1 gets possessed by aliens or each other
8. sg1 gets to save aliens from their planet thats dying/or aliens attacking them.

ok thats about it...not an all enclusive list but pretty much... :LOL:

But i love sg1... i like the begining ones..and maybe have to agree with ant....there isnt' much new plots going on..

but i STILL WATCH IT!! :cool:

Sassy is so spot on... it really is just that same piece of woods in Canada that's always used with some Jafar running around.

It's a shame, because season six kicked off with some cool episodes, but went down hill rapidly. The only good thing was Jonas...

A pox on you all! Heretics! :LOL:

Sure. SG-1 may be repetitive, but I don't think of it as a bad thing. No matter how many times we see the same basic plot, the cast still manages to make it work. That's just MY opinion however.

And unlike The X-Files and such, SG-1 has stuck to a more episodic approach, while X-Files went for the "let's be episodic for awhile, then jump headfirst into the deep end of the story arc pool".

Anyways, I've been enjoying S7 so far, and I look forward to S8.

Hey, I love Stargate too, but I agree... this train ride has gone on a little too long. And there's also that fact that Richard Dean Anderson will have an even more reduced role, which can't be good.

Nothing at all, that I know of. :p I was just comparing how the story of each show was put together (or something like that), not the content or anything. As it is, I love/d both shows. Of course, X-Files DID get weak towards the end. I suppose the same could happen with SG-1, but it hasn't happened yet in my opinion.

All I can say is that so far SG-1 still entertains me. While I see flaws here and there, I don't particularly care.

My problem with the X-Files was that at the end, it just seemed like one big con. What I mean is at first, it seemed like Chris Carter knew what he was doing; like he had a whole long, complex story planned out. But at the end, at least I think, it came to look like he was just making it all up as he went along.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back