• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cowboy Bebop Movie

From what I have heard, the per-screen average take was really good over the weekend, so hopefully the movie will go wider soon. I saw it, & the dub cast did a great job. I hope that people in areas that didn't get the film will be able to see it soon--it is great fun to watch on the big screen.

Tammy

I just watched a few trailers for Cowboy Bebop the Movie and I think I need to watch the episodes now. It looks really good. I'll have to see if the movie is playing anywhere near my area.

We just saw the movie today and thought it was really good. There are some odd parts in it but then there were odd parts in the series as well. ;) The music was really well done and it was great fun to watch overall. Anyone else seen it yet?

I saw it earlier this month when it played in San Diego. It was fun to watch it in a theater with a bunch of other fans. I can't wait until the DVD release--I already have it reserved at Suncoast.

Tammy

Yeah, it was fun to see it in a theater and while it was one of the smallest theaters I have been to, it did make for a more intimate viewing. Some of the people there were a bit odd but nice and it was fun to watch with other fans. It is always more fun to watch a movie when the whole audience really gets it. We all laughed when certain things happened or they said something a certain way. It was cool. :cool:

I just added the movie and series set to my Amazon wish list. I will probably buy the movie but sheesh, the series set is $100 so that will have to wait. :(

I need to get a DVD player. Once I do, I want to get the Bebop DVD's the B5 DVD's and Lord of the Rings on DVD. By the time I do all that, I'd be flat broke! :eek:

Yeah, it was fun to see it in a theater and while it was one of the smallest theaters I have been to, it did make for a more intimate viewing. Some of the people there were a bit odd but nice and it was fun to watch with other fans. It is always more fun to watch a movie when the whole audience really gets it. We all laughed when certain things happened or they said something a certain way. It was cool. :cool:

I just added the movie and series set to my Amazon wish list. I will probably buy the movie but sheesh, the series set is $100 so that will have to wait. :(

You can buy the Bebop series DVDs individually. That's the way I got them (I was too late for the boxset, which was a limited edition & is no longer being sold. :().

Tammy

If anybody knows of a cheap and reliable place to get the CB DVDs, I'd like to know. I still need the 4th and 5th. Preferably not online too, but if it is I won't mind.

You can buy the Bebop series DVDs individually. That's the way I got them (I was too late for the boxset, which was a limited edition & is no longer being sold. :().

I looked on Amazon.com (and Amazon.ca) to see what the prices were for the DVDs and it is much more expensive to buy the discs individually. They do offer a Complete Sessions edition for $100 which is basically all six discs boxed up together. There was a Perfect Sessions edition which is limited edition and out of stock. The only difference I saw was that it included the soundtrack CD.

RW, buy that DVD player already! We broke down and bought one when LOTR came out. ;)

Lyta, I have been too lazy to go get one. I only have time on my days off from work, and those days I don't always feel like going anyplace.

Well, paying $100 for all 6 DVDs isn't too bad, considering that most stores tend to price the DVDs at around $25 a piece, which when added up will be around $150. Of course, that's still $100 you have to pay. But definitely worth it, in my opinion. :cool:

And I'd like to recommend you check out the limited edition CD box set. It comes with 4 CDs and one mini-CD, and a neato booklet with various stuff in it. The downside is that it's in Japanese, so if you can't read that, well... you can't read the booklet. But the box set contains many a previously unreleased track, which, for the most part, is made up of alternate versions of songs available on the other OSTs. Of course, the mini-CD is a neat little thing. It contains an alternate version of Tank! with lyrics sung by Ed's Japanese VA, along with a karaoke version in which Ein barks along with the music. :D It also features an alternate version of the song Go Go Cactus Man sung by Cowboy Andy's Japanese VA. All in all, good stuff. Of course, it's $130, not to mention out of stock... at least at GameMusic.com. But I'd keep an eye out for it anywhere, since it's supposed to be limited edition and all, and as far as I know they aren't making anymore now. Me... I bought it ASAP. :D

Back