• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cowboy Bebop Movie

So, I finally broke down and watched this show after hearing all you yammer on about it. :p

Actually, my husband is to blame (as usual). :)

He watched it a while back (as he does with most strange tv shows that I don't like to watch) when I am busy on the computer or sleeping. I asked him if it was something I would like and he wasn't sure. So, I tried a few times to watch it but didn't like it. However, try as I might to ignore it, I got sucked in one night so now I am watching it along with Inuyasha. Oh what has the world come to? :LOL:

I don't like a lot of anime but there are a few that I do so now I have a few more to add to my list. ;)

Oh and the point of resurrecting this thread? I saw the trailer for the movie and I am glad to find out it will be playing in a theater in Seattle. :cool:

I'm glad ya like it. And I'm glad you're watching Inu Yasha too! Good show, it is.

And next week's the week, people. I just hope it's still being shown in NC somewhere... :(

Yeah, I didn't want to like those shows but I do. Damn that husband. :p

We might have to make next weekend a double feature ... Cowboy Bebop and Spirited Away (which I missed the first time it was released). :D

Woo hoo! Another Bebop fan! :D G'KarOfTheKhaRi got me hooked on it, and when I see someone else now discover it, it makes me all happy. :D

So, I finally broke down and watched this show after hearing all you yammer on about it.

That's exactly how I got into it. I caught an episode on Cartoon Network and was immediately hooked. I then rented the DVDs off netflix and saw the entire series from start to finish.... it blew my mind. The writing, the animation, the music... hell, I was actually in tears by the end of The Real Folk Blues.

Bebop also made me want to watch Firefly after I heard about the similarities between the two. While I liked Firefly a lot, I loved Bebop. For a show thats so heavily influenced by American pop-culture, it makes me wonder why America can't create something on that level.

Good, good. Nice to see people give it looky. And like it. Don't forget to check out the the movie's site and see if it's playing near your area. Which it probably isn't. :mad: They trimmed the list in half a few weeks ago. I just hope they get more theatres soon, it's supposed to be out in a few days.

And I'm glad you're watching Inu Yasha too! Good show, it is.
I've heard that's kinda boring LoL
I did end up getting into an anime, but not Bebop, the time slot is just too wrong for me, nothing is worth staying up that late for.
Check out Naruto, currently playing in Japan only, so you'll have to download the episodes, but it is not licensed, so downloading it is actually legal.

Wow, we actually agree on something! There is hope yet...

Tammy

I guess you have a better memory than me. I can't remember anything on this board past 24 hours... then again I live to debate so I'm sure I've disagreed with you at least once...I disagree with everyone at least once.

Well, we all hear plenty of things about... plenty of things. Just remember that you should try something yourself before making any judgments. Of course, it's usually too much of a bother to try. :D But seriously, any show with a womanizing monk is a surefire hit.

And Cartoon Network's changing the AS lineup next week, with Trigun starting on Monday at 12. I've heard some good things about this one, but I haven't been able to get the DVD box set (the only form I'm getting it in, and that's that) due to the $200 pricetag.

Also, since my PC sucks, downloading anything like a show would be next to impossible. As it is, I have a subscription to Shonen Jump, and they're running the Naruto manga, so it's all good.

I bought the Trigun box set when I got a bonus at work. And I have been downloading Wolf's Rain, which is from some of the same people who worked on Bebop. I only have 56k, so it takes *forever* to download, but it's worth it.

Tammy

Tell me about it. I work for a union grocery chain that is being merged with a non-union one. What do you think's gonna happen with that? Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be good for all of us union employees.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back